Thread: P21s

Post Thanks / Like

P21s

Well everyone,

I finally got to detail my truck again after the nasty weather the hurricane brought about. It felt really good to do it. Almost as if things are starting to get back to normal around here. It was nice to finish it and sit back in nice weather and enjoy the fully detailed vehicle.

Anyhow, my main reason for posting this thread is to boast about P21S carnuba. Man, I have heard alot of great things about this wax, but this stuff is like butter. Literally, I could not believe how easy the application of this wax was. And the results, the results were simply amazing. I went with mostly MEG products. Somehow or another, I find myself always going back to MEG products. They really are hard to beat especially for the price.

The products I used were:

1. NXT Car Wash

2. MEG Scratch X for touch ups due to branches and whatnot from the storm

3. MEG Color X as polish. I was extremely amazed at how this polish brought out my dark blue color of my Scion xB. More so then ever before. It really looks brillant.

4. MEG NXT Liquid Wax/Sealent. Up until now, I did not realize this is actually a synthetic based wax and is actually considered by some to be a fast curing sealent. So, thats exactly what I treated it as...a sealent.

5. P21S Carnuba. Man I cannot say enough about this wax. The look of the NXT was almost plastic and after coating with the P21S, it really warmed to paint up. It took the "hardness" out and left a very silky, wet look. Its really like nothing I have ever used. Im a lifer on this stuff.

6.AOI on wheels followed by DP Wheel Glaze. These are two new products for me as well. The AOI really does an amazing job cleaning wheels and I highly reccomend it to anyone. Its so universal! The DP Wheel Glaze really added a nice shine to my wheels that I have never had before. I have tried the Color X and it worked, but nothing like the shine that Wheel Glaze brings. Im curious as to how the durability comes out on the Glaze. Only time will tell.

7. Mother FX Tire Shine. I have really become to like this dressing. It starts out really wet looking and then slowly, but surely becomes "soaked" into the tire giving it that really nice looking deep black color that new wheels come with.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share this with you guys. The truck really looks nice. I wanted to take pictures, but we left our camera at my inlaws house from taking pictures of the damage for the insurance companies. Well, there it is, my new found love for P21S.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P21s

P21S is an excellent wax. One of my all time favorites.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

P21S is a really good carnuba wax. another good wax is S100, which im using and its a really good wax too just like p21s and it cost cheaper. you can find s100 too locally just go to a harley davidson store.

for the sealant, the meguiars NXT is good but check out the fourstar UPP. hopefully you dont think im a dick but after trying out fourstar UPP, i would never go back to using NXT. i have both and UPP is yields such awesome results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tsx2004
    P21S is a really good carnuba wax. another good wax is S100, which im using and its a really good wax too just like p21s and it cost cheaper. you can find s100 too locally just go to a harley davidson store.

for the sealant, the meguiars NXT is good but check out the fourstar UPP. hopefully you dont think im a dick but after trying out fourstar UPP, i would never go back to using NXT. i have both and UPP is yields such awesome results.
    How is the application and removal of UPP? Is it easyily removed by hand?

WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

hey daos,

yes UPP is easily remove by hand. remember to use thin coats because thin coats go a long way. applying too much product is a wasting product and also your money.

also let it dry for at least 15minutes. some people let it sit for more than that like two hours or so. ive never tried 2hrs but ive read that there is not really any differences. the instructions on the back of UPP says 15minutes but i let it dry for about 20min.

removal is so easy and remember to put on your sunglasses because you will be blind by the results. slickness is extreme as well. you can slide on your car.

Post Thanks / Like

daos,

Get some S100 and save some money. They are identical. Try them side by side and if any one tells you they can see the difference they are full of it. Also get yourself some P21S/S100 GEPC/SEC as your prewax cleaner. It`s as easy to use as the wax. You will dump the Megs.

Thread Information