Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Wheel well and under carriage

Hi guys.
    I drive a tacoma truck that can get downright messy when I drive through mud and dirt. When I clean my truck, the first thing that I attack after the tires and rims is the wheel wells with soap, a scrub brush and good old elbow grease. I usually wash my truck and then spray the wheel wells with a one-step tire spray. That usually takes care of the wheel wells and leaves them oh so shiny.
    I tried an undercarriage spray from Griot`s Garage that costs more but leaves the wells oily.
    Any suggestions on a different technique. I would love to hear from you pros.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel well and under carriage

Saw a thread several months ago that suggested floor wax. I haven`t tried it but it sounds like it might work and last a good while. Should shine and blacken those WW`s real well. Some here thought it was a good idea. I pull the wheels on my car about once a month to do the wells and the barrels of the wheel. Love the results, but doesn`t last long enough. I might have to try it ........Tom
    cor·vette : [ kôr-vt ]n. 1. A fast, lightly armed warship, smaller than a destroyer, often armed for antisubmarine operations.

Post Thanks / Like

Some folks here in the Virgin Islands actually paint the wells which keeps it shiny and low on maintenance. Just hose off.
    Imagine that!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for `ya! Went pig hunting on Easter...about mid-morning it POURED and we needed to get back for an Easter dinner. The aftermath? 4 hours yesterday afternoon doing the just the wheels, wells and underbody. PB/APC and a big `ole brush. Jacked up the F150, took each wheel off and did each one outie and innie...went at it inside the wheel wells, drive/suspension/brakes and underneath. I had to do the exterior this morning, before work. I love lookin` under there now! My wife? She often mentions OCD!
    Aloha!
    Flyin`Hawaiian

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I paint wheel wells gloss black for customers. I used to use Mop `n` Glo on my old car, as do some people here, but the wells have to be very clean before you apply it. Lately, I have been using either Armor All cut 1:1 or Megs Hyper Dressing cut 3:1.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Did your Tacoma not come with the black, sound deadening undercarriage "paint" sprayed on? Every Tacoma I have bought has had that stuff on it. It does clean up nicely. I just use a degreaser and a brush. About once or twice a year, I`ll roll around under there on a creeper with a few MF and a bottle of old QD and wipe everything down. You`d be amazed at how clean you can actually keep the underbody.

As far as the floor cleaner mentioned earlier, I am pretty sure they are referring to Mop-N-Glo. I have seen that mentioned on here before.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Wheel well and under carriage

Yes my Tacoma comes with that stuff alredy painted on, but it doesn`t shine when cleaned. Some other product is neccessary to bring out the shine.

Post Thanks / Like

You could always buy the cheap tire foam if you want it shiney. Clean it with your regular cleaner and then spray that in the wells and anywhere else you can see the underbody. It`s cheap, quick, and shiney.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

after i went wheelin i would always power wash my vehicle about $10 at a car wash. then spray a cheap tire shine on the wheel wells. Heres a little tip if you didn`t already know is that if you put pam on ur wheel wells before you go the mud won`t stick and will be easier to wash.

Post Thanks / Like

My friend uses this product. He is very pleased with it.

Adam`s Invisible Undercarriage Spray
    Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies - Invisible Undercarriage Spray & 1 Gallon Refill *Special*

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I just painted my rails and wheel wells and around the gas tank with GravelGard by Dominion SureSeal. It is great, but I got some on the manifold and it stinks a week later.
    Brenton Dickieson

Seeking the perfect shine C_Rock77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcxguy View Post
    My friend uses this product. He is very pleased with it.

Adam`s Invisible Undercarriage Spray
    Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies - Invisible Undercarriage Spray & 1 Gallon Refill *Special*
    I saw this stuff on an episode of "Trucks" (I think it was) where a guy from Adam`s was there talking about detailing. He had this stuff, and it got me curious about it...as to whether or not it works very well.

Is it just a SPRAY on product? Does it need to be brushed or wiped on? Or is it a spray on & forget product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C_Rock77 View Post
    I saw this stuff on an episode of "Trucks" (I think it was) where a guy from Adam`s was there talking about detailing. He had this stuff, and it got me curious about it...as to whether or not it works very well.

Is it just a SPRAY on product? Does it need to be brushed or wiped on? Or is it a spray on & forget product?

It is a spray on product and I have tried it. Works ok but when you spray make sure there is not even a hint of wind as it blows all over the place and yes on the paint. It does not hold up well though. One trip in the rain and it seemed to come right off.

I have stuck with using the cheapest tire foam i can buy. Usually at Costco

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using this for the wheel wells for a while and last long and looks great.

R.I.P Derek. I love you brother!
    Arcade Gangsta | Arcade Thugz | Arcade Maniacs

Seeking the perfect shine C_Rock77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you find that stuff? How`s it look? Is it shiny, or a matte finish?

Is it a spray and forget product?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information