Post Thanks / Like

Got a ? about UPP

I`ve been reading about UPP, and I`m gonna order a bottle of it and try it out. Now my question is, do you use this after the wax to seal it? We generally use Meguiars #26 when waxing, would it be OK to use the UPP over it?

Thanks
    J.D.

Boss_429
    JD,

You really don`t need to "seal" UPP, in that UPP is a already a sealant, and quite durable. The only reason one might want to apply a carnauba over the UPP would be to attempt to get a even nicer, or different look. Now, while the #26 is an excellent carnauba, I doubt that it will add much, if anything to the looks of the UPP. Still, the added #26 will probably add a bit of durability to the UPP.

Keep in mind, that if you want to layer additional coats of UPP on a vehilce, you may not want to apply any carnauba in the process.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    JD,

You really don`t need to "seal" UPP, in that UPP is a already a sealant, and quite durable. The only reason one might want to apply a carnauba over the UPP would be to attempt to get a even nicer, or different look. Now, while the #26 is an excellent carnauba, I doubt that it will add much, if anything to the looks of the UPP. Still, the added #26 will probably add a bit of durability to the UPP.

Keep in mind, that if you want to layer additional coats of UPP on a vehilce, you may not want to apply any carnauba in the process.
    :yeah

You can`t apply UPP over a wax or most glazes. It needs a cleaned surface free of petroleum residues, fillers or waxes to properly adhere. You can apply it over 3M PI-III Machine Glaze and I think 3M PI-III FInishing Glaze, probably over Meg`s SPeed Glaze (it contains a "paintable polymer" and also over Poorboy`s SSR1 and Pro Polish.

Many folks use Klasse AIO as a paint cleaner/prep for UPP and the combo works very very well. Platinum also has their Platinum Paint Cleaner which will clean the paint and prep it for UPP but the Platinum Cleaner is very mild and best suited for new or like new finishes.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    UPP works just fine when applied over Meg`s #81 Hand Polish.

Thread Information