Thread: Kruise Nights

Post Thanks / Like

Kruise Nights

Last night I was at a local Kruise night , and although I love these events I could help but notice how many well preserved cars from the 60`s, 70`s, and 80`s were not detailed, yet were proudly placed on display. I guess I am an extremely anal like the rest of us when it comes to the condition of a vehicles finish, and I left there wondering ???

Do these car owners not realize how much better their vehicle will look when the paint is correct?

Do they not have the time to keep their vehicle in showroom condition???

Do they just not care ???

I saw a load of cleaner wax build-up on the emblems and inside the door/hood jambs on some vintage vettes !!!! :doh

My opinion is if I have a vintage car that is potentially worth $20 to $75K I am going to treat her accordingly.

Has anyone ever been to the Barrett Jackson Auction ??? I saw it on the SpeedChannel and it looks like a car lovers dream !!!!

Also any NJ/NY detailers know of some great Kruise night / car shows ???
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    I go to some of these events and showa and see it all the time. They just have no idea when it comes to the proper way to care for paint. Poor cars:nono

Help, I wanna be a proton
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been to Barrett/jackson. I used to live around the corner from the Barretts before they hit it big. There are soem really nice cars there, and it was started by a guy that loved cars.

On another note, it used to be real col when he would take his 60`s era formula one ford out for a spin in the neighborhood. They used to be tame enough that you could do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its sad that most places that have high-end expensive cars dont know how to care for them. Espacially when you go to a dealer and see swirled cars in there shows rooms. Then you see some guy walking around with a bath towel and QD spray and whipeing em down for finger prints.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I share your pain!! I was at a local Sears car meet on LI. These guys have had these cars for decades yet seem to just not give a Sh!t about the cars finish. Ever get the urdge to just Detail somones car for free to just ease your pain............I sure havnt .
    -Danny

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I deal with that all the time. People have these amazing multi-thousand dollar custom paintjobs, and then they just wash them. "waxing" is the sprayed on stuff from the self-serve powerwashers. Its just pethetic.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Thread Information