Post Thanks / Like

fun afternoon....NOT

well, a simple detail/wash/clean jeep soft top and treat with bestop protectant/ was not fun!!! anyway, while waiting for mr.sun to leave the driveway, figured i would get a jump on the soft top. cleaned with raggtop cleaner. no problem. let the top dry. then time for the bestop protectant. (this was my fault/should have know better) proceded to spray top with protectant, liberly, well, long story short/ it dried on the soft windows/glass/as some of the paint. (like small points of sap) took better of two hours to get it off!!! used novus plastic cleaner for the windows then polish. (very time consuming) turtle wax bug remover/with wax for the paint and glass. the bestop protectant is safe for the plastic windows and paint, but i figure the hot sun played a part in this screw up. lesson learned APPLY PROTECTANT WITH APPLICATOR BY HAND/DO NOT JUST SPRAY ALL OVER TOP. any way, end result is a great looking jeep after all this lost time. finished it with a wash and poorboy`s spray and gloss.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: fun afternoon....NOT

Your mention of Bestop got me thinking of the bad experience I had with the Bestop seats I got from JC Whitney for my old Jeep.

They did not hold up well at all. After 2 years the color had faded badly and all the seams were coming apart. It was their neoprene version. Great looking seats when new but I wouldnt buy them again.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: fun afternoon....NOT

it was a mess. hard to explain. like tiny pin points of sap. the soft top windows were a pita to get the stuff off. and the glass was not fun. raggtop and bestop are really the same product. it`s a awesome product for soft tops. just applied it wrong. i will apply it with a applicator from now on, instead of spraying the whole top down. LESSON WELL LEARNED. the top does look awesome now. repells dirt and water.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Thread Information