Post Thanks / Like

trashed interior

Got a car to do for the bank this weekend and this thing is trashed. It is a chevy malibu max with the tan cloth like seats that are very badly stained with something Does anyone know what will get these staines out? i havent got an extractor and i thought about taking the seats out to pressure wash them but this car is tough to get the seats out. would some degreser with warm water work if i let it soak for a while? I have worked on some bad repoes but this one takes the cake. With 8 thousand members im sure somebody has ran into this before and can help! I will try to get some pictures later.Thanks for reading

Post Thanks / Like

Re: trashed interior

I wouldn`t power wash them, that would most likely damage the seats, and even if it didn`t they would be soaked so badly they would probably never truely dry and get mold and mildew.

I would not use a degreaser either, that would likely just make the stain look larger. Any autoparts stores carry carpet cleaner, and get yourself a nylon brush.

If not that I have dilluted some simple green with water and used that. If you have a PC, I would invest in one of the brush attachments, they make quick work (with chemicals) of the stains with out the real hard manual scrubbing.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would pre-soak them with an APC and then use your extractor ...same for the carpets ...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

i also work without an extractor and have had very good results w/ the oxy clean granuals on the seats just scoop out the foam and put on the seats as this will help w/ them drying faster and i just pour a little of the oxy clean in the floor boards and let sit for 5 min. or so and then scrub w/ a good interior brush also if there is any sticky mess i have used a .98 cent plastic putty knife to help break it lose....then i use the blower on my shop vac it seems to help blast some of the dirt out of the hard to reach with a brush areas of the carpet and then just vac it up
    Xclusive Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

There is a thread pinned at the top of this forum where g35stilez got good results with, you might be able to modify it to fit your needs.
    Carpet & upholstery cleaning

HTH

"J"

Thread Information