Post Thanks / Like

Electric pressure washer / foam canon combo

Hello…

I just sold my gas pressure washer to downsize to a smaller electrical unit to be used solely for my foam canon. I didn’t realize it would be somewhat of a challenge to mate the foam canon with an electric pressure washer as most electrics use a smaller hose with different adapters. Can anyone shed some light on what would be a good electric unit that could be adapted to work with a MTM foam gun? Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electric pressure washer / foam canon combo

Quote Originally Posted by 981PCAR View Post
    Hello…

I just sold my gas pressure washer to downsize to a smaller electrical unit to be used solely for my foam canon. I didn’t realize it would be somewhat of a challenge to mate the foam canon with an electric pressure washer as most electrics use a smaller hose with different adapters. Can anyone shed some light on what would be a good electric unit that could be adapted to work with a MTM foam gun? Thanks!!
    I use a Karcher 2000PSI electric with the MTM foam cannon. It is a minimum for the MTM because it only puts out about 1.4 GPM which is a little low for an MTM. However, I get more than satisfactory results using CG foaming shampoos. (I have several for a variety of reasons though their Extreme Maxi Suds II is my goto wash - it produces a great foam and it is cheap!) The Karcher isn`t cheap, though...

You are right that the electrics can be tricky to match up to generic accessories. However, that problem is resolved (for a price) on the Karcher. Autogeek.net sells and adapter. Like all things Karcher, it ain`t cheap eitherhttp://www.detailcity.org/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Regards,
    <TED>

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electric pressure washer / foam canon combo

Go to Northern Tool and get a Northstar electric, they have the standard fittings like the gas models and they last. I bought one, 1600 psi, $450 - but WELL WORTH IT! I`ve thrown away too many Lowes/Home Depot ones. The only thing I`ve replaced on the Northstar was the hose, and that was my fault for driving over it - caused the insulation to rip and eventually leak. And get some brass cut-off valves for your hose, you will thank me later!

Thread Information