Post Thanks / Like

Porsche Cayenne S

Today I did a wax on a Cayenne S with 200 miles on it fresh from the dealership. I noticed that it had tire dressing all over, after I did a wash and clay I still saw the nasty black spots along the bottom. The entire bottom half was a textured plastic, forgot to mention the whole car was white including the plastic molding. I tried everything in my arsenal, AP cut 2:1, mineral spirits, citrus cleaner and strait water pressure nothing touched it. I can picture these tires being dressed a good 3-4 times before it left the lot and as soon as he got in and started down the highway it flung off. There was even tire dressing on his daughters BMW that was following him. Is there something else I should have tried? I basically told him to take it back to the dealership.

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Porsche Cayenne S

Is the plastic painted or is it colored plastic? If it is just colored textured plastic, you might want to try out some PB`s Trim Restorer. I`ve found that it does a great job of cleaning textured plastics.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Post up a picture.

Is it tar? I do a lot of Porsche`s and I have never seen what you`re describing so pictures would help.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately I do not have pics, it was a textured plastic same color as the paint you couldn`t even tell it was plastic until you got right down on it. It was definitely tire dressing, it was all over the paint and even that was difficult to remove. I wish I could have done something I hate being stumped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerndetail View Post
    unfortunately I do not have pics, it was a textured plastic same color as the paint you couldn`t even tell it was plastic until you got right down on it. It was definitely tire dressing, it was all over the paint and even that was difficult to remove. I wish I could have done something I hate being stumped.
    If it was a oil based tire shine product and it sat on textured plastic, combined with heat of the sun, there is a chance that it stained the plastic....That`s a guess but based on everything that you have done with no success it sounds like it to me.....I had a look at ebay motors to see what this plastic looks like....its the rocker plastic on the very bottom of the car...right?

if that`s the case then I stand with that I said to start....stained

Taking it back to the dealership to see what they think, if its not fixable then make them replace it
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information