Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vapor Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Vapor Cleaner

I am thinking of making an investment into a vapor cleaner. I have used one of those small cheapy ones you can get at Walmart and like it, however it does not get hot enough, and cannot sustain any type of constant pressure for any duration of time. Also do to its small size its boiler does not hold much water at all.

I am looking at these Steam cleaner, steam cleaners, steam cleaning, steam vapor cleaners

I was trying to see if how many people here use them and if they thought any of these products were decent. I was leaning towards the TR5 as I am not trying to break the bank.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vapor Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    I am thinking of making an investment into a vapor cleaner. I have used one of those small cheapy ones you can get at Walmart and like it, however it does not get hot enough, and cannot sustain any type of constant pressure for any duration of time. Also do to its small size its boiler does not hold much water at all.

I am looking at these Steam cleaner, steam cleaners, steam cleaning, steam vapor cleaners

I was trying to see if how many people here use them and if they thought any of these products were decent. I was leaning towards the TR5 as I am not trying to break the bank.
    Just curious - what are you using a steamcleaner for? The upholstery? The dashboard? Carpeting?
    Personally I prefer the little green machine for the carpets. It sometimes dispenses too much moisture, but it cleans really good. It`s not a steamcleaner though.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to get the desaro but have read in couple threads that it was more trouble then it was worth. i am still researching deferent ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikro000 View Post
    Just curious - what are you using a steamcleaner for? The upholstery? The dashboard? Carpeting?
    Personally I prefer the little green machine for the carpets. It sometimes dispenses too much moisture, but it cleans really good. It`s not a steamcleaner though.
    I use the little green machine also for the carpets as well and I agree it does not have the power to pull up everything it puts out as far as water and cleaner are concerned.

I plan on using it on everything, dashboard, door jambs, vinyl, rims, carpet stains...

I only have a small one and it works good on little quick things and its nice because I can use that to replace my cleaners before I apply dressing. It gets out stubborn stains and can eliminate alot of odors...but again I only have one of those cheepy ones and it just can`t maintain any type of pressure and or heat, while these in the link I provided can las over an hour.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I use the little green machine also for the carpets as well and I agree it does not have the power to pull up everything it puts out as far as water and cleaner are concerned.

I plan on using it on everything, dashboard, door jambs, vinyl, rims, carpet stains...

I only have a small one and it works good on little quick things and its nice because I can use that to replace my cleaners before I apply dressing. It gets out stubborn stains and can eliminate alot of odors...but again I only have one of those cheepy ones and it just can`t maintain any type of pressure and or heat, while these in the link I provided can las over an hour.

I to was interested in what you where doing with this....so you clean the dash areas with it?...dose that mean that you don`t use some APC and a MFT?

I`m confused about this cleaner but interested in what it can do
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    I to was interested in what you where doing with this....so you clean the dash areas with it?...dose that mean that you don`t use some APC and a MFT?

I`m confused about this cleaner but interested in what it can do

Is MFT (Microfiber towel)? If it is I do use it but the steamer replaces the APC, its amazing how it eats away at the dirt and caked on debris and does not hurt the vinyl at least not that I have seen. It leaves a nice clean surface and there is no chemical smell. I understand alot of the better apcs have a pleasing scent but some after a while become strong if you are doing a whole interior.

Even on real stubburn stains on the carpet I just hold it on there let the steam hit the area for a bit then wipe it off with a towel and its clean, realtively dry and free of any smells.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Is MFT (Microfiber towel)? If it is I do use it but the steamer replaces the APC, its amazing how it eats away at the dirt and caked on debris and does not hurt the vinyl at least not that I have seen. It leaves a nice clean surface and there is no chemical smell. I understand alot of the better apcs have a pleasing scent but some after a while become strong if you are doing a whole interior.

Even on real stubburn stains on the carpet I just hold it on there let the steam hit the area for a bit then wipe it off with a towel and its clean, realtively dry and free of any smells.
    Yea MFT micro fiber towel...sounds interesting for cleaning....might be something I would like to have for certain things....like I need another detail tool

I`m still trying to pay off the extractor that I just got....BTW I love that machine

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I use the little green mean for solution dispensing and suction and this steamer for the steam cleaning power Amazon.com: McCulloch MC-1275 Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner: Kitchen & Housewares

I purchased my steamer from Harborfrieght and I must say that I am truly pleased with it. I wish that it had an external tank so that I could have a continuous refill option but this steamer holds steam for about 50 to 1 hour.

For $100 bucks I think I got a bargin.

I also tried the Ero-shark but after $30 days that things was no good and HSN would not take it back so I just trashed it and tried the above steamer.

In my cleaning process I use extractor soap, drill with brush attachment, little green mean and the steamer.

I spray the area that I am going to work on first then use the drill to agitate it then I grab the steamer in one hand and the little green mean in the other hand. I spray steam then go behind it with the little green mean. It leaves a slight damp feeling but better than what I use to have when I used just the little green mean and a wet dry vac.

I may invest in a better one as I do not like having the plastic parts but for the price it has held its own and I have not had any problems with the unit yet.

I also like using the steamer in the engine compartment. What ever system you get make sure that it is at least a 5 bar system (good power) I think my unit is either a 3 or 4 bar.

What ever you choose let us know what you purchase and give us a review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MagicCity33 View Post
    I use the little green mean for solution dispensing and suction and this steamer for the steam cleaning power Amazon.com: McCulloch MC-1275 Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner: Kitchen & Housewares

I purchased my steamer from Harborfrieght and I must say that I am truly pleased with it. I wish that it had an external tank so that I could have a continuous refill option but this steamer holds steam for about 50 to 1 hour.

For $100 bucks I think I got a bargin.

I also tried the Ero-shark but after $30 days that things was no good and HSN would not take it back so I just trashed it and tried the above steamer.

In my cleaning process I use extractor soap, drill with brush attachment, little green mean and the steamer.

I spray the area that I am going to work on first then use the drill to agitate it then I grab the steamer in one hand and the little green mean in the other hand. I spray steam then go behind it with the little green mean. It leaves a slight damp feeling but better than what I use to have when I used just the little green mean and a wet dry vac.

I may invest in a better one as I do not like having the plastic parts but for the price it has held its own and I have not had any problems with the unit yet.

I also like using the steamer in the engine compartment. What ever system you get make sure that it is at least a 5 bar system (good power) I think my unit is either a 3 or 4 bar.

What ever you choose let us know what you purchase and give us a review.
    Well, here are some reviews off that link you provided.
    I think that the good reviews are probably done by Amazon employees.....(I also own one of these and think it is just something that you will eventually sell at a yard sale...)

"I soon learned that it is not as easy as on those "Seen on TV". This particular steamer comes with some brush attachments. The heat created from the steam will melt the plastic bristles. I used it once and decided that cleaners and chemicals work MUCH better!!"

"This thing is a clumsy hassle to set up and use, but I thought it would be worth it because of the advertised qualities. Not so. The steam is barely warm and after less than 30 seconds all it does is sputter until I wait for it to heat up again. The wire brush type tool cleans just as well with a spray bottle of cold water and the tool hand held. I tried it on all kinds of surfaces, tile, tubs, windows, mirrors and saw nothing I couldn`t do faster and better with a nylon scrubber and a little detergent at most. After being absolutely sure I wasn`t missing anything in the instructions, I`ve come to the conclusion it is totally useless. My friend returned the unit she bought for the same reasons."

"This item is great if steam what you are looking for. But if you want to use it for cleaning, be prepared to use a lot of elbow grease along with it. Does nothing ordinary soap, water and detergent couldn`t do."

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gator1 View Post
    I was going to get the desaro but have read in couple threads that it was more trouble then it was worth. i am still researching deferent ones.
    I speak from experience. You will waste your money buying the Desiderio if that`s the one you`re talking about. That machine is under powered and not nearly as good at cleaning as a good commercial grade vapor cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the ones I was looking at appeared to be commercial grade. ANd most of them were at around atleast 220 to 250 degrees at the tip with bilier temps near 300. They also have a high PSI and low heat up times...and if I spend a little extra and get the one with the continous heat it will save me time.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I bought...

Its a VX 5000

Specs:

Boiler: Steel
    Capacity: 3.5 Liters
    Temp: 316
    Exterior: Steel
    Warranty: 2yr/Life
    PSI: 70 (variably controlled)
    Commercial Grade.

I can`t wait to get it and I will post a review as soon as I test it out.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I bought...

Its a VX 5000

Specs:

Boiler: Steel
    Capacity: 3.5 Liters
    Temp: 316
    Exterior: Steel
    Warranty: 2yr/Life
    PSI: 70 (variably controlled)
    Commercial Grade.

I can`t wait to get it and I will post a review as soon as I test it out.
    You know what I hate about this.....now I want to try one of these unit out.....like I need another toy

Will look forward to pics and the review

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    You know what I hate about this.....now I want to try one of these unit out.....like I need another toy

Will look forward to pics and the review
    I emailed the owner back and forth and he was extremely nice and very imformative. Ans since they eliminated the middle man and go directly through the distributors their prices are reasonable.

I saw what my crappy little wlmart one can do for about 5 minutes before it needed to be refilled and or heat back up, but with this one I can clean for two hours on one gallon of water.

I got it for $570 (free shipping).

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I emailed the owner back and forth and he was extremely nice and very imformative. Ans since they eliminated the middle man and go directly through the distributors their prices are reasonable.

I saw what my crappy little wlmart one can do for about 5 minutes before it needed to be refilled and or heat back up, but with this one I can clean for two hours on one gallon of water.

I got it for $570 (free shipping).
    cool sounds like my extractor story...had the little Green Machine...great unit for the weekend guy with his own cars...but I wanted something stronger and would allow me to clean for longer periods of time.

Do you have a link to the site that you got yours at?

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information