Black 2007 Honda CR-V
    Post Thanks / Like

Question How Do I Find a Good Detailer?

Hi,

I`m a new member to the forum. Since I`m not interested in doing my own detailing myself, I am currently looking for a good detailer. We live in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. What should I look for when deciding who I should use? I have a brand new BLACK 2007 Honda CR-V. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Do I Find a Good Detailer?

It kind of depends on what you want. If you are looking for a good, normally priced detailer, hire one to wash your car and see what they do.
    Are they using a nice clean mitt or an old mitt (or brush on a black truck!)?
    Do they have a nice sudsy or slippery soap?
    Are they efficient with time yet careful?
    Do they look at the wheels from various angles?
    Do they wipe the moisture out of the door jambs after the wash?
    Do they explain well what they will do?

They second test would be the wash & wax. Again, if you are satisfied, they you probably have your guy/gal.

If you want high end, go to a car show and ask around to see who people use.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good question as there is no real way to tell unless you have experience with detailing...There is a member here that is in your area...

For me the questions that you ask will determine what kind of job you can expect.

What product do they use, if they can tell you names and why they use them, then they have good product knowledge.

What type of buffer are they using and why

What you are going to get for the price they are charging...swirls removed, carpets shampooed, engine cleaned, etc....these all help you to see what they plan on doing for the cash investment.

Lastly do you feel in talking to them that they are telling you the truth or feeding you a line

again sorry this is not an easy question to answer.

If you like send me a PM and I will call anyone that you want to use and ask the questions for you...
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Black 2007 Honda CR-V
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much for the helpful suggestions. I need to get on the phone and call a couple of detailers in our area to get more information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lrwagner View Post
    Thanks very much for the helpful suggestions. I need to get on the phone and call a couple of detailers in our area to get more information.
    How far are you from Kennebunkport(sp) we have a member here that has a detail shop there

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Black 2007 Honda CR-V
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    How far are you from Kennebunkport(sp) we have a member here that has a detail shop there
    Washington, DC is not even remotely close to Kennebunkport, Maine. I`d have to drive over 500 miles to get there!! I`m looking for a detailer in the Baltimore Maryland/Washington, DC metro area. We are in the mid-atlantic, not the northeast.

But thanks anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Washington, DC is not even remotely close to Kennebunkport, Maine. I`d have to drive over 500 miles to get there!! I`m looking for a detailer in the Baltimore Maryland/Washington, DC metro area. We are in the mid-atlantic, not the northeast.

But thanks anyway.
    I thought of that after I posted it...my bad...good luck and oif you want me to talk to the detailer for you feel free to ask

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Black 2007 Honda CR-V
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought of that after I posted it...my bad...good luck and oif you want me to talk to the detailer for you feel free to ask

I appreciate the offer. I can make the calls myself. If I have any questions, I may go ahead and post them online.

By the way, my husband owns a silver 2005 BMW 325 convertible. It`s much easier to keep clean than my new black SUV.

When is this pollen going to end? This is one of the worst pollen seasons we`ve had in years. Everything has been coated with a green film for the past month!

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the offer. I can make the calls myself. If I have any questions, I may go ahead and post them online.

By the way, my husband owns a silver 2005 BMW 325 convertible. It`s much easier to keep clean than my new black SUV.

When is this pollen going to end? This is one of the worst pollen seasons we`ve had in years. Everything has been coated with a green film for the past month!
    Do you have California Duster? they work wonders on pollen cars, are quick, will not harm the finish..its what I do here...I drive a jet black BMW and nightmare to get and keep clean

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain on the pollen. I have to go out every morning to clean the car.

Now back to our question.
    Ask how they plan to maintain your car, and what does it entail (sp)m, how often do they plan on washing, polishing,waxing, ect... Look for product knowledge, ask them what they are using.
    Ask to see if maybe they have a portfolio of their work (most people love to brag so many do) and also ask if if they have any refrences and maybe check to see if they have insurance.

Hope this helps
    "J"

Post Thanks / Like

i live in the catonsville, ellicott city area, about 10 minutes away, if you need help, just let me know

Black 2007 Honda CR-V
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have California Duster? they work wonders on pollen cars, are quick, will not harm the finish..its what I do here...I drive a jet black BMW and nightmare to get and keep clean
    I bought one right after I got the car. I use it every other day and it helps. I talked my husband out of buying a black BMW two years ago. Then I go out and do exactly what I told him NOT to do!

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought one right after I got the car. I use it every other day and it helps. I talked my husband out of buying a black BMW two years ago. Then I go out and do exactly what I told him NOT to do!
    I try to talk customers out of buying black cars (especially suv`s) unless they are will to have me come often and keep it garaged.

Having said that, I had my eye on a black jeep the other day.

Might have to break my own rule.

Thread Information