The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpet Surface Cleaning Vs Deep Cleaning

There`s been several posts that talk about how the surface cleaning like I do to my carpet fails to really get the carpet clean like the deep cleaning of an extractor.
    To get some idea as to the difference, I tried a deep cleaning today.
    No extractor, but I flooded the floor of my shower and soaked, scrubbed and rinsed a carpeted mat after my usual vacuuming and surface cleaning.
    I used hot water that was actually too hot to put my hands in to start with. I mixed up a liberal solution of Dawn and scrubbed away with a brush. The water hardly changed color. Certainly didn`t turn brown or even dark like I had expected. Thinking the Dawn wasn`t strong enough, I rinsed the mat thoroughly and repeated the process using an APC to scrub the mat. Same results.
    As far as I`m concerned, my surface cleaning is doing a good enough job that I won`t be doing any more deep cleaning in the shower.

Charles

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet Surface Cleaning Vs Deep Cleaning

I`d agree that if you`re doing a thorough job on the carpeted areas you`ll get them extremely clean. I think having an extractor would be really beneficial on cloth seating though. I find that I have to go light on the cleaning solution on the seats because it really soaks in when it gets too wet and at that point, my shop vac can`t get all of it out.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is tougher with seats, but most people don`t have the patience to do vac-shampooing well enough.
    Brenton Dickieson

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Charles you have way too much free time on your hands Do you want to come clean the carpets in my mini-van
    I would probably think that you do not grind dirt or let too much dirt accumulate on your rugs or seats to get a variable free result. I have cleaned carpets and seats that were abused and without an extracor, there would have been a lot of dirt left behind
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    Charles you have way too much free time on your hands Do you want to come clean the carpets in my mini-van
    You pay the round trip air fare and I`ll be happy to do it for you. Or stop by Ankeny when you are going through.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I would probably think that you do not grind dirt or let too much dirt accumulate on your rugs or seats to get a variable free result. I have cleaned carpets and seats that were abused and without an extracor, there would have been a lot of dirt left behind
    We accumulate a lot of sand and slushy mud during the winter, but I vacuum weekly and surface clean the mats about once a week. They never stay dirty for long and I`m sure that is a big help.

Charles

Thread Information