Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, so far all the information I have gotten will help alot. I know I can`t buy everything at once but a little at time, by the time I get home I should have everything I need to start protecting my paint right from the start. I might even be able to squeeze in a PC and you know I am getting some TS. For now I guess it will sit in the garage until I get home, about christmas . My better half promises she won`t drive it until I get back. I told her just dont` take it to the car wash and I`ll be ok. I`ll bet the look on her face when she sees all those detailing products coming to the house will be priceless.
    I am sure I will have more questions once I actually get my hands on the vehicle. I hoped it would be sooner but duty calls.
    R3
    It`s better upside down and in the dark...!

Post Thanks / Like
    Save yourself some grief and don`t even THINK about keeping up a black truck without a PC and a box of quality microfiber towels for polishing, waxing and drying. If you drive the car on a regular basis, you just won`t get the results you want by hand. People spend a fortune on wax after wax after polish... The product is not the key on a new car. The key is the paint prep and you need the PC to get the finish smooth and swirl free. I can honestly say that, unless you are trying to correct a specific paint defect, you can probably get by with Poorboys Pro Polish and EX. Keep a bottle of 3M Swirl Remover for Dark Cars around if you start to develop some swirls. The amount of money you will save not buying a ton of products will more than pay for the PC. I tried for over a year to keep my very dark blue VW swirl free by hand and it was a losing battle. I got the PC and I think the car looks amazing. Do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lot`s of great advice here. Since you`re already going to be spending a few dollars, spend a little more and get some quaility microfiber towels and forget about using the terry towels on your black paint. Microfiber is softer, more absorbent and lasts longer than terry towels. Since I started using mf towels, I haven`t even purchased any additional terry towels. I only use the terry towels on dirty grimy areas like wheels, wheel wells, engines etc.

Just my opinion
    Ringo

Post Thanks / Like
    Lot`s of great advice here. Since you`re already going to be spending a few dollars, spend a little more and get some quaility microfiber towels and forget about using the terry towels on your black paint. Microfiber is softer, more absorbent and lasts longer than terry towels. Since I started using mf towels, I haven`t even purchased any additional terry towels. I only use the terry towels on dirty grimy areas like wheels, wheel wells, engines etc.

Just my opinion
    Ringo

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my black A4 in May and I absolutely refused to let the dealer prep the paint, as a result, perfect brillant paint! Got my PC and a few hundred dollars worth of supplies and products all ready to go. Detailing your paint to your standard on your terms is extremely rewarding. Best of luck with your truck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a good plan. I will get the PC first, and some Micro fiber towels and some of the polishes and sealants that were reccomended. Hopefully it won`t be that bad. My car normally gets at least a mid week cleaning if I can`t wipe it down in the evenings, with some QD. I think once I figer out how to keep the swirls away I`ll be in good shape. Then I can start asking about how to keep the engine compartment looking new. I will probably at least wipe it out every weekend but when the snow and salt season comes around it will need a little more than that, but antoher time.
    Thanks for all for you help. None of you advice will be in vain.
    What I learend so far:
    A good wash is a nice start, paint prep is key, so first I will clay to get off the rail dust and what ever else is on there, then I`ll use a paint cleaner like step 1 of Meguires Crystal line then a couple coats of polish with a PC, while whiping removing the residue with Micro Fiber towels and then a coat of wax, or a couple of coats of TS, should finish things out nicely. Also always have some QD on had for maintenance and the occasional bird dropping.

R3
    It`s better upside down and in the dark...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information