Thread: canopy?

Post Thanks / Like

canopy?

How does this canopy look? It has 7` of height, so I think most SUVs will fit under it. It`s too short, but you could cover the hood and roof of most vehicles.

Quik Shade Weekender 12' x 12' Instant Canopy, Blue - Wal-Mart

Post Thanks / Like

Re: canopy?

That`s like the one I have if not the same, but I got mine at Sports Authority on sale. That`s a pretty decent price for them, but you do get what you pay for. Be careful putting it up by yourself as you can break things fairly easily if you rush (first hand experience!), but otherwise I`ve liked mine for the price. I don`t use it unless there`s either no shade or the trees are dropping lots of leaves or pollen, but when I do use it I`d say the extra 10 minutes or so of setting it up and 5 or so taking it down is well worth it in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

The weekender is 12X12 at the base, but only 10X10 at the canopy. The "recreational" model is a true 12X12 and what I use. You decide what you need.
    Superior Detailing

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve bought a few dozen of these over the years and you will get what you pay for in the long run. There is no match to the quality of an EZ-up tent, but they can be quite expensive depending on the model. They make the aluma-steel ones that can be found in Costco and BJ`s for about $200, and then you can get the really good all aluminum ones directly from them, but these start at nearly $400. Recently I bought a few of the cheaper ones at Home Depot and if you go in with the idea that it is disposable, $89 is not a bad deal and it can last a couple years. I`ve seen the good EZ-UPs last better than 10 years.
    If you buy the cheaper ones, make sure you have 2 people to open them or they will bend The cheap EZ-UPs can be done by one person if you are careful. I saw on a thread a while ago, that someone put dolly wheels in each corner and was able to do it by themselves pretty easy. I have tried it and it does work, but it either has to be on pavement or pretty large dolly wheels.
    Good luck in you decision

One more point, the quality of the top also changes with the quality of the frame.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

I had an easy up and they are by far a much better canopy then the cheaper ones however due to some back problems the easy up became to heavy for me to lift and set up by myself so I bought the recreational 12x12 from modells ($49 after rebate). If you drill an extra set of holes higher up on the legs you can make it so a car fits under it and you can move the canopy from front to back easily with out having to stretch or stand on your toes
    frankie k`s auto kleen

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karwaxer
    I had an easy up and they are by far a much better canopy then the cheaper ones however due to some back problems the easy up became to heavy for me to lift and set up by myself so I bought the recreational 12x12 from modells ($49 after rebate). If you drill an extra set of holes higher up on the legs you can make it so a car fits under it and you can move the canopy from front to back easily with out having to stretch or stand on your toes
    You bet the steel or aluma-steel ones are heavy, but the all aluminum ones are unbelievably light in comparison although the cost is a bit high to swallow unless you can write it off or money is of little consequence.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information