Post Thanks / Like

biohazard- warning not for those with a weak stomach

well i have a story that will trump anything you have ever cleaned.
    It all started last night, my brother went to a party with his buddy, they got nice and hammered when they picked up two young atractive women (they mush have been hammered to talk to my brother ). They decided it was time to leave and so they go to get in one of the girls cars, (turns out she was sober, the cops checked). Once in the car my brothers freind falls asleep from the booze, he then procedes to vomit all over the back seat of the car, and let me tell you it didnt say there, it was all over the car. On every seat, all over the center consoul. It was everywere. So ok vomit is sick, but at the end of the day its an easy clean. The story gets exciting when he poo`s his pants, and it somehow got onto the rear seat.. ohh ya this is a two door sunfire. So now there is fecal matter and vomit ALL OVER.
    I go to pick my brother up, (the guys mom came to pick him up) and get home in tears im laughing so hard.
    So today well in class this guy leaves a measage saying that the car is ar his place and was wondering if i could detail it. There were a few hours on contiplation and i decided I would. So after class i got to see the car and decided it was so bad it had to be driven to my house to be worked on. It was not a fun job but it got done.
    My procces (in case you ever need to clean up human waste) was:
    Pick up eveything i could with my hands
    clear clutter
    Vacume everything that could be vacumed
    sprayed an apc (this time it was poor boys mixed 1part apc, 10 parts water)
    Vacumed again (this got most of it up)
    I then sprayed it will a fomaing carpet cleaner and let sit (it helped losen up the dirt)
    I then got out my trusty bissal green giant, (i love this thing)
    I shampooed everything made of clothing, including the seats, and carpet
    I then gave it another quci vacume to get any extra moiture out
    I then wiped down all the plastic such as the dash, ect. With megs apc (same mixture)
    I dressed all the interior
    used an entire bottle of meguires smell remover stuff (i put in a better bottle for easy application)
    then i cleaned all the windows

I did not do anything to the exterior as i wasnt paid for it, and well it was like -5 degreec C. (i like my hands)

After I had cleaned the car I bleached all my bottles, brushes, bissel, and vacume. I did not want anything getting me sick so eveything was bleached

While doing the job i also wore gloves (changed regularly) and a mask. I want taking any risks, wasnt worth it

So the car looks amazing, awsome before and after, sorry no pics becasue it was so sick.

I hope noeone is to gorssed out. But thats right I cleaned human fecal matter off a seat.

At the end of the day I made 200 and hes paying my bar tab on saturday (itll be a big one since im done midterms )

any comments questions?

p.s I have taken a shower and my clothes are bieing washed.
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: biohazard- warning not for those with a weak stomach

Without a doubt the worst interior job I have EVER heard of. Personally, I would have turned it down.

a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had some fun cleaning up that one..... just kidding. I am sure it looked great when you were done. It is never a fun task. We certainly have had many vomit, fecal matter, suicides and yes, even a dead dear detail before and you never get used to it. Anytime we get one of those type situations I end up doing the job myself since my staff seems to be squeemish.

Post Thanks / Like

mmm tasty!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    Without a doubt the worst interior job I have EVER heard of. Personally, I would have turned it down.
    I thought of that but we all lvoe a chalange. lol. Once I started it wasnt actully "tha bad" afer you got used o the smell and the trxture it wasnt a big deal, just a lot of work. I was well proeced so iwasnt worried about contracying anything, and it only took about an hour and a half, so all and all it was a good paycheck. I dont plan on doing it for a LONG TIME. but ya wasn as bad as i hought

detailz you trump me, i think a dead suiside clean up would be the worst, bodis stink (ive been to more then a few funerals). and a deer, wtf a deer, like honslty what do you say when somone days theres a dead deer in my car wanna clean it. I would be like a who?
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

A little much information ,i do think you should receive a badge for courage ,just for celaning the mess..your a great brother

a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

and a deer, wtf a deer, like honslty what do you say when somone days theres a dead deer in my car wanna clean it. I would be like a who?

It was a couple of years ago and a customer came to the shop too ask if we could remove the congealed blood and fat from the rear of GMC Jimmy!? Couldn`t believe it. Naturally, I had too ask WTF?! Apparently, this lady was looking to purchase this truck and wanted to know if we could clean it up before buying it. The current owner had hit a deer while driving and decided to put the deer inside the car to take home for meat vs. putting it on the roof or hood!! Man blood was everywhere. I couldn`t believe this lady was considering buying this thing with knowing that. I am sure she got a good price.

Regarding suicides, we do get them too often. Usually once a year and at times we have had three. Gunshots, slit wrist, carbon monoxide and intentional drug overdose. Last year was the worse one ever. It was a relatively young mother of two who od`d. Horrible. I almost broke down crying when the Sheriffs Dept. towed the vehicle to my shop and there were two car seats in the rear. Pretty tough.

Thankfully we have not had one this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    mmm tasty!
    I see that you are from Canada, too.

My husband is always right! Sheila@detailcity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I will never complain about an interior again...EVER!!

Thread Information