Post Thanks / Like

"Heel Hole" in Floor Mat

What can be done (if anything) about the hole that gets dug in to the floormat from the heel of your gas pedal foot? You can clean the mat, but this still creates an eyesore.
    Brad Foster
    2005 Honda CR-V EX - Redondo Red Pearl

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Heel Hole" in Floor Mat

Buy a new mat. That`s the only practical thing to do. Once you get the hole it is pretty much unrepairable. I like to have a custom fitted floor mat over the stock mats just to keep them new. In my Jeep I use Catch-All floor mats and they are great.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playloud
    What can be done (if anything) about the hole that gets dug in to the floormat from the heel of your gas pedal foot? You can clean the mat, but this still creates an eyesore.
    Cleaning the mats regularly will help reduce the wear, but once the material is worn, you will need to replace the mat to have it look new again.
    One thing I try to do is not place my foot in the same exact position all the time. I still probably have it in the same place 80% of the time, but I do quite often remember to move my foot a small distance left or right from my natural position.
    It may not help the mat, but it helps me think I am doing something to lessen the problem.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I use an inexpensive piece of carpeting that I get from HD and cut it to the out line of my mats to preseve them, when it gets worn I replace it ...if the hole is there there is not much that can be done other than replace as the others have suggested

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

I used to go to carpet stores and buy their old samples. They were usually hemmed and if you could find a matching set it didn`t look to bad. One of the stores would give them to me if the product was old or discontinued. Lately I`ve gotten to the point that I would just as soon wear the floor mat out as try to protect it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Replace it and buy a set of heavy duty rubber mats to throw over them.

You can get a ok set for around $20 from walmart or you can get a set that will outlast you for about $100. YOu get what you pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

My eight year old, 113,000 mile Grand Prix has that problem. I never bought rubber mats for the inside though. I did buy a nice set for the Envoy though. Since it`s the wife`s truck, I gave them to her for Christmas. I wrapped them and everything.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1
    I used to go to carpet stores and buy their old samples. They were usually hemmed and if you could find a matching set it didn`t look to bad. One of the stores would give them to me if the product was old or discontinued. Lately I`ve gotten to the point that I would just as soon wear the floor mat out as try to protect it.

I`m with you on this one wear out and replace...I have found that if you buy a real good set and clean them regularly they tend to last longer...the ones that I have in my BMW show little wear in that area and they are from 99...
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information