Post Thanks / Like

Met an unlikely ally this weekend!

A dealership GM!

I was at the Acura dealership where we purchased our MDX this weekend to work out a problem we encountered after the sale. While I was waiting to talk to the appropriate person, the guy behind the reception desk started up a conversation when he saw my 24 Hours of Le Mans themed shirt. We had a great conversation about the Acura ARX-06 running in IMSA, his history of tuning and racing Honda S2000`s, an old Integra Type R and his current Civic Type R, and my autocross adventures in the BRZ.

At one point in the conversation, my wife spotted a sign announcing they were installing a new touchless car wash being installed in the service department. She called out the sign and said words to the effect, "My husband will love that, because he always tells you guys not to wash the car!" The stranger/gearhead behind the counter then says, "Yeah, the regular car wash will really scratch and swirl up your paint. People who pay attention to that stuff hate it. I don`t blame you."

After talking a bit more, he stands up to introduce himself and says, "Great talking to a fellow gearhead. I`m ....... the General Manager here." I was blown away. A GM who actually, "gets it"!

As for the issue I was in there for. He stuck around to hear my conversation with another employee and then stepped in to take care of it personally.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Thanks noorth, Stokdgs, bigltc thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Met an unlikely ally this weekend!

Nate,
    Tks for the great story ! Congrats on the new car !!!
    A new MDX !!! I bought a new one for my then-wife a long time ago... Lovely SUV.... Did everything really well... Never an issue...
    I am sure the NEW ONE so Light Years Ahead !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Met an unlikely ally this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Nate,
    Tks for the great story ! Congrats on the new car !!!
    A new MDX !!! I bought a new one for my then-wife a long time ago... Lovely SUV.... Did everything really well... Never an issue...
    I am sure the NEW ONE so Light Years Ahead !
    Dan F
    Thanks, Dan!

It`s actually only new to us, we bought a used `19 which is the previous generation. I new generation came out in `21 (there were none built in `20) and it is seriously nice and a big leap over ours in almost every measure...though we are still really happy with it.

We purchased it in November and have already put a bit over 10K miles on it, though life is slowing down so I`m hoping the accumulation of miles will slow down too. It`s been a great road trip companion. It`s quiet, really comfortable, and drives very car-like compared to many other SUV`s that wallow around. I can effortlessly saw though 400+ miles without even thinking about it. Good thing too because with the huge gas take and respectable gas mileage we can easily go 4+ hours at 75~80mph on a single tank!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Stokdgs, Coatings=crack liked this post

Thread Information