Post Thanks / Like

Detailing advice for moms "bake in the sun" parking lot queen

Would like to get my moms 2016 CR-V detailed for mothers day. It doesn`t get much mileage put on it, and mostly sits in her parking lot baking in the California sun. I take it to the car wash every month or two just to get the cobwebs and dirt off. The paint is fine all things considered. It doesn`t have the typical Honda faded spots or bleached window trim etc. The headlights could be a bit more clear, but no major issues unless you get right up to them or feel the surface.

Any detailing would obviously involve a full clay and polish, but as for products to have applied, not quite sure. With the thing sitting in the sun all the time, and being drive-thru commercial washed 10 times a year, would there be a specific type of wax or suggested amount of coats I could request from a detailer to keep it from turning to sandpaper finish later rather than sooner? I have a bottle of Perl I use on my car I can hit the fades black trim with.

My personal car has ceramic, but I am not in the mood to waterless wash a big SUV in the sun every two weeks, and leaving it baking in the sun from what I understand wuld kill ceramic faster than wax coats.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing advice for moms "bake in the sun" parking lot queen

The sun won`t kill the ceramic coating any faster than a sealant. In fact from what I`ve seen on my daughter`s cars that sit out 24/7 in a dorm parking lot for several years, it didn`t effect the durability at all.

The killer from what you describe would be the wash routine. If it won`t be hand washed frequently, the coating won`t behave like normal as it gets dirty and "clogged" up...not to mention the physical beating from the the car wash brushes. It will get scratched up and just not bead/sheet like normal.

For this case I`d go with a high durability sealant. I`ve personally used Collinite 845 and Wolfgang SiO2 Paint sealant and would recommend either. Others you might hear mentioned are Finish Kare`s Fk1000 or Collinite 476. Never used them, but plenty of people like them for their durability.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Thread Information