Car detailing forum

I`m 55 and recently getting back into car detailing for my personal cars. A long long time ago I used to polish and buff with a rotary.

I am having a problem with any type of wax or sealant. The car only beads up or sheads water after a few weeks after application but this only happens on the rocker panels (below the door handles) and the vehicle rear bumper and license plate area. All other areas are else beads up fine roof, front, hood, top of trunk. This happens on all my vehicles 2016 Highlander, 2013 Altima, 2022 Accord.

I prep the surface by claying & polish before application of wax or sealant.

This mostly/only happens after the vehicle is driven in the rain. Sometimes it rains so often here the car could go a couple weeks before it makes sense to wash again. Central NY weather.

I wash with a foam cannon and wash mitt.
1 Foam cannon
2 soak few min
3 wash mittt
4 rinse

I use meguiars Polish and clay.
I use meguiars gold class for soap.
I tried meguiars, turtle wax, collinite products for wax or sealants.

I assume I am doing something really wrong because I never see anyone post about this.

My assumption is that the soap or method of washing is not harsh enough and the rockers are not getting cleaned enough.

It`s still very cold here so I won`t be able to try new methods or product for a couple of months. I just looking for some advice on what to do next. Any advice would be appreciated. Looking for something that won`t strip wax.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk