Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes UNO ADVANCED - Bold claim.

Anyone see this yet?

"UNO ADVANCED combines an incredible shine and extremely durable protection in one finishing polish. The proprietary formula developed, blended, and packaged completely in-house by RUPES features highly technical micro-abrasive technology fused with state-of-the-art nano protection. UNO ADVANCED removes minor imperfections from a variety of surfaces while creating a durable layer of protection that provides up to 12 months of protection against environmental contaminates and makes cleaning incredibly easy."

Considering I like polishing the most it might be just what I need. Use this AIO 2x per year on a foam polishing pad.
    Likes CleanIt, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes UNO ADVANCED - Bold claim.

Very bold claim...
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Noorth, there`s one way to find out !!
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love AIOs. Zaino AIO is still my all time fav. 3-6 months is realistic. A year is a bold claim but it says up to….
    Likes noorth, John U, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, seen it. Been waiting for it to hit the US market.

I do like AIOs, and since i`m half way throught UNO Protect, i`ll be ordering this new one
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Yeah, seen it. Been waiting for it to hit the US market.

I do like AIOs, and since i`m half way throught UNO Protect, i`ll be ordering this new one
    I think i will too. I like AIO`s more than i used too, such a joy to work with in most cases - the buff and i love polishes i can leave on the panel for a while. Its just more stress free than trying to prep for a coating. 6 mths for a 2-3 hour polish would be great! I like simple lol
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I think i will too. I like AIO`s more than i used too, such a joy to work with in most cases - the buff and i love polishes i can leave on the panel for a while. Its just more stress free than trying to prep for a coating. 6 mths for a 2-3 hour polish would be great! I like simple lol
    They definitely have their place. Leaving on the panel for that long is a nice bonus.

For me, just happens that most of the work I do, that`s what the customer wants. Perfectly fine by me, as I only do it part time
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    They definitely have their place. Leaving on the panel for that long is a nice bonus.

For me, just happens that most of the work I do, that`s what the customer wants. Perfectly fine by me, as I only do it part time
    What was the average durability on Uno Protect?

For me if I can get 4-6mths out of an AIO i will be more than happy - top it up with polish angel rapidwaxx or something after the first wash and maybe only wash. I am getting into rinse less again - going to pickup the feynlab next i think, weather here really sucks to wash cars outside. (Cold, windy, rain, snow and overcast.)

Have you tried feynlab RW? The fact it can`t clean glass is a bummer....

Post Thanks / Like

Uno Protect is supposed to be around 90 days protection. But under nice conditions taking care of a car and topping it with something would get more.
    I have an unopned bottle of Uno Protect, I always thought topping it with Rupes P808 would be a nice match. Haven`t gotten a bottle of P808, but asked on here what folks think of it and if any still use it.
    Rupes discontinued P808, then came out with this new Uno Advanced. I wonder how P808 would play on top of it?

Post Thanks / Like

If the claims are accurate, or even close to accurate, this is kind of a game changer for AIOs. I`d be pretty happy with 6 months of protection out of an AIO....I typically expect around 3 months. Twelve months would be pretty significant. Anyone know where you can buy it, besides eBay?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    If the claims are accurate, or even close to accurate, this is kind of a game changer for AIOs. I`d be pretty happy with 6 months of protection out of an AIO....I typically expect around 3 months. Twelve months would be pretty significant. Anyone know where you can buy it, besides eBay?
    Um...wasn`t CarPro Essence supposed to last a year? That came out forever ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Essence is not an AIO.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Essence is not an AIO.
    The description from Sky`s the Limit:

CARPRO is turning the wheels of innovation once again!! CARPRO Essence is a unique blend of nano-tech quartz, high gloss durable resins, and fine abrasives that are blended together at a microscopic level to form something truly ground breaking! CARPRO Essence leaves an amazing high gloss finish with semi-permanent fillers and protective capabilities all built in!

And the longevity claim from the same page:
    3 - How long does CARPRO Essence last?

We expect 1 year on its own BUT we recommend applying Reload or CQUARTZ over top for the much better hydrophobics and dirt resistance.
    I realize that the primary purpose of Essence is as a coating primer, but "fine abrasives", "high gloss finish", "protective capabilities", lasts for "1 year on its own" sure sounds like AIO to me. The back of my bottle says "Produces extremely high gloss...Adds layer of SiO2 Quartz protection." Again, that sounds like an AIO to me.

Oh, and the Essence product page at Autogeek ( CARPRO Essence Extreme Gloss Enhancer 250 ml ), the first sentence of the product description: The most advanced all-in-one product you’ve ever used!

Now, it may be that in your experience that this is all marketing BS, and that Essence fails as an AIO, so it would be great for you to elaborate on why the mfr. and resellers seem to tout it as an AIO product, while you don`t agree. That is the purpose of this "discussion forum". Or perhaps you have a YouTube dissertation on AIO`s that you can link.

I have both Essence and Essence Plus; I think I tried both of them once and I honestly don`t recall the results I got, but I barely have time to even wash my cars anymore, which is why I`m hoping you have some additional input on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I agree if it lasts 6-8mths of good performance its a game changer for me. I will just stick with an quality AIO if it lasts that long. Coatings are a bit of a headache lol

I like simple. Coatings are not simple lol.

I`m not sure where you can get it. It`s not available in Canada not that i can see anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I thought of that too. It has rather poor water behavior however if its like gyeon primer and i really doubt it will last a year.

It might - Rupes UNO Advanced - fall flat on its face lol I`m not impressed with Rupes pads or polish that i`ve used so far...i don`t like their yellow foam pad or yellow fine polish that much - it works however. Ditto the white foam pad.

One thing about detailing a lot comes down to user experience. Like in all honestly the rupes pads are probably the best pads for a professional, you really have to stay focus so the pad doesn`t skip. It makes you more aware that`s for sure - but aware of the machine more than the panel...so it`s always a tradeoff.

Not sure if it`s a company policy but rupes really seem to create systems that are very rigid....purely speculation haha

I`m not a systems guy personally. Mike Phillips is the opposite, he said it many times he likes systems.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information