Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes UNO ADVANCED - Bold claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    So just revisiting this, whats your opinion on how Advanced has been holding up on the car so far?
    Holding up pretty well so far. Still has very good water behavior. Car is parked outside 24/7....but driven infrequently. I`m skeptical it will go beyond 6 months, but I`m gonna resist the temptation of topping it as time goes along....just gonna get regular washes and see how it does on its own. I`m gonna declare it a winner if I can get 6 months out of it
    Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another month down....and it`s starting to weaken. Water beading is still there, but the beads are becoming elongated and flat. I`ll give it another month or two, and then whatever is left is gonna come off so I can coat it. Based on this experience, I`m highly doubtful that this stuff will last more than four months on its own. If you were to top it once a month, I`d think you could get 6 months out of it....maybe
    Likes noorth, Rsurfer, Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. The question is…what to top it with? ��
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Protected by 303 Graphene

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imported_OneQuickGT1 View Post
    Thanks. The question is…what to top it with? ��
    Fair question....I`ve chosen not to top it with anything, to see how it would do completely on its own. I`m guessing maybe a product like Bead Maker or Xtreme Solutions Topper would work okay with it

Post Thanks / Like

I`m kinda surprised Rupes didn`t come out with a chaser for it themselves... they had P808 that could go on Protect, even though they dropped 808. I kinda figured they were developing a new one? They came out with the 2 Eraser type products so they are still doing extra products.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax has a new ceramic AIO now. They only claim 3 mths however. Their new ultra slick ceramic detailer is supposedly very slick, good beads and gloss. Would be a nice combo i`d imagine.

And the stuff is a bargain compared to some other brands i just wish they had nicer bottles!

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been testing this product (in final and beta form) for a couple years and it 100% lives up to its claims. It’s an amazing product actually. Creates great gloss, leaves the surface super slick and wipes off extremely easy with zero dust residue. Keep in mind that the company claims “up to 12 months” which it’s exceeded that result on cars that I’ve maintained in optimal environments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I’ve been testing this product (in final and beta form) for a couple years and it 100% lives up to its claims. It’s an amazing product actually. Creates great gloss, leaves the surface super slick and wipes off extremely easy with zero dust residue. Keep in mind that the company claims “up to 12 months” which it’s exceeded that result on cars that I’ve maintained in optimal environments.

Have you topped it with something? I have carpro`s essence plus and polish angel`s rapidwaxx for toppers. I only need a light polish on my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Another month down....and it`s starting to weaken. Water beading is still there, but the beads are becoming elongated and flat. I`ll give it another month or two, and then whatever is left is gonna come off so I can coat it. Based on this experience, I`m highly doubtful that this stuff will last more than four months on its own. If you were to top it once a month, I`d think you could get 6 months out of it....maybe
    Thanks for the real world feedback. Uno advanced was hyped to be a game changer.

What’s your “optimal environment”? Garage kept? Daily driver?
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m also unsure what `optimal environment` means.....but I really do not see how this product will last 12 months, or beyond, if not topped. I did give the car a good wash, and the hydrophobics did return, but to a small degree. I will give it credit, it does hold on to it`s gloss.
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I`m also unsure what `optimal environment` means.....but I really do not see how this product will last 12 months, or beyond, if not topped. I did give the car a good wash, and the hydrophobics did return, but to a small degree. I will give it credit, it does hold on to it`s gloss.
    The environment I’m referring to would be one not faced with rain/snow, not daily driven and washed once per month. Still very slick, extremely hydrophobic & easy to clean.

I’ve also used it as a maintenance polish for coated vehicles, as a final polish and as a primer base for a coating.
    Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The environment I’m referring to would be one not faced with rain/snow, not daily driven and washed once per month. Still very slick, extremely hydrophobic & easy to clean.

I’ve also used it as a maintenance polish for coated vehicles, as a final polish and as a primer base for a coating.
    How long did you let it cure before you applied a coating? Panel prep?

Post Thanks / Like

Makes sense as those vehicles are indoors rather that outside. The product could last twice as long. Just like the coating on my car that’s in the garage that gets washed once a month versus my daily that’s outside 24/7.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes CleanIt, Desertnate, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Uno Advanced isn`t lasting more than a few months in most climates for cars that are daily driven.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    How long did you let it cure before you applied a coating? Panel prep?
    I’m leaving the polish residue on the paint while I polish the adjacent panel. Once I’m done with that panel, I’ll wipe it off. Because I’m using Optimum coatings, I’m usually just giving it a final ONR wipe down or OPT Paint Prep. But that’s only for the cars I’m maintaining in this collection.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information