Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes UNO ADVANCED - Bold claim.

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I agree if it lasts 6-8mths of good performance its a game changer for me. I will just stick with an quality AIO if it lasts that long. Coatings are a bit of a headache lol

I like simple. Coatings are not simple lol.

I`m not sure where you can get it. It`s not available in Canada not that i can see anyways.

As far as I heard, Rupes Uno Advanced launched in Europe and was going to hit SEMA in the states before it hit the market over here. When it does hit the market here, for Canada, Carzilla will have it quick enough.
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    As far as I heard, Rupes Uno Advanced launched in Europe and was going to hit SEMA in the states before it hit the market over here. When it does hit the market here, for Canada, Carzilla will have it quick enough.
    Carzilla is my main source of detailing products. They have an impressive amount of brands.

Probably have to wait until next spring to try the UNO advanced now for me. I think i will be trying it.

I actually polished off 2 coats of cancoat off my bonnet yesterday! I had like 10 high spots! I`m so over ceramic coatings lol

Its sitting now with gyeon primer - i`m half thinking to just top it with polish angels rapidwaxx. I even thought of putting a paste wax on it lastnight lol

The roof and trunk lid look fine however, they were also coated with cancoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    What was the average durability on Uno Protect?

For me if I can get 4-6mths out of an AIO i will be more than happy - top it up with polish angel rapidwaxx or something after the first wash and maybe only wash. I am getting into rinse less again - going to pickup the feynlab next i think, weather here really sucks to wash cars outside. (Cold, windy, rain, snow and overcast.)

Have you tried feynlab RW? The fact it can`t clean glass is a bummer....
    I don`t recall what I got out of a test panel. I`d say 3 months seems about right, though. The cars i`ve used it on were one and done. I never see them again.

Haven`t tried Feynlab RW. Sounds like a decent cleaner, but I`m plenty happy with McKees 37. Also use ONR, and Blackfire`s RW...but McKees is my current go-to (for it`s leave nothing behind properties)

Can`t clean glass with the Feynlab? That`s not good. I love RW for cleaning glass.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I don`t recall what I got out of a test panel. I`d say 3 months seems about right, though. The cars i`ve used it on were one and done. I never see them again.

Haven`t tried Feynlab RW. Sounds like a decent cleaner, but I`m plenty happy with McKees 37. Also use ONR, and Blackfire`s RW...but McKees is my current go-to (for it`s leave nothing behind properties)

Can`t clean glass with the Feynlab? That`s not good. I love RW for cleaning glass.
    N914 is my most used product frankly. Game changer for me and it cleans glass nicely too.
    Likes CleanIt, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Feynlab Pure Rinseless is very nice but be aware it will immediately degrade anything other than a ceramic coating. It`s strong stuff so you`ll be using your topper every time with it. You may be better off with N914, ONR, Absolute, or any of the others that aren`t quite as potent. Feynlab cleans extremely well but it`s really meant to be used on a ceramic coated card.

Feynlab is very streaky and grabby on glass for some reason.
    Likes noorth, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

and...here it is:

RUPES UNO Advanced
    Likes CleanIt, noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will probably run a test on 1-2 panels next year just for some fun. UNO advanced topped with rapidwaxx. Not sure if i should wait at least 4 hours or less.

More information to follow i`m sure. TRC might put out something or rupes themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

At last we have proper protection in a Car Polish | Rupes Uno Advanced - YouTube

Water sheeting is decent but more sealant than coating like.

Topping with RW seems like a good plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks noorth, CleanIt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

After 4 hours can we put coating on? Or is prep needed

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the new autogeek video with Todd from Rupes. He never mentioned anything about a primer.

AIO, finishing step of a 2-3 step job and to repair existing coatings.

If it can be use to repair existing coating i doubt it cuts very much.

You can probably compare it with carpro essence+ with some very light abrasives...

I think i will try labocosmetica`s fiero frankly. You don`t have to wait to apply a coating or sealant and i hope it has a half decent cut.

They did put it up against the "marketing leading competition" in one video - it was probably essence or gyeon primer - to demonstrate it had more cut. So it was a consideration to get a primer with a little cut.

Gyeon primer is super fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    After 4 hours can we put coating on? Or is prep needed
    Uno Advanced puts down its own protection, which would interfere with a coating since a prep wipe wouldn’t remove the protection. This is to be used as the primary protection so you would want a regular polish if you plan to use a coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered some. I think I’ll throw some ocw or opti seal over it. If I get 4-6 months I’ll be happy.
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Protected by 303 Graphene
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So......got to use UNO Advanced today on my daughters Hyundai Sonata. Product is very thin and watery out of the bottle.....not what I like, but not unlike Uno Protect. When matched with a 50/50 Urofiber pad, it removed some water spots (not etched) and some very light surface defects. I used a Griots yellow polishing pad on the rest of the car. Goes on easy, comes off relatively easy. Surface is slick, although not 3D Speed slick. Will revisit it when it has had it`s four hours of cure time. The directions say to leave it on al least 15 minutes before wipe off. I left some on around 30 minutes to see how removal was......basically the same as the rest of the car. If it lives up to it`s claims of long-term protection, I can see it as a viable option.
    Likes noorth, MisterSnoop liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    So......got to use UNO Advanced today on my daughters Hyundai Sonata. Product is very thin and watery out of the bottle.....not what I like, but not unlike Uno Protect. When matched with a 50/50 Urofiber pad, it removed some water spots (not etched) and some very light surface defects. I used a Griots yellow polishing pad on the rest of the car. Goes on easy, comes off relatively easy. Surface is slick, although not 3D Speed slick. Will revisit it when it has had it`s four hours of cure time. The directions say to leave it on al least 15 minutes before wipe off. I left some on around 30 minutes to see how removal was......basically the same as the rest of the car. If it lives up to it`s claims of long-term protection, I can see it as a viable option.
    How did you make out? Its so cheap for 250ml i`m going to play with it. Its the kinda of product i hope more companies try to work on. IE Long lasting AIO`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    So just revisiting this, whats your opinion on how Advanced has been holding up on the car so far?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information