Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Where to buy foam wax applicators?

Well, I am running low. I picked up about 15 packs from Big Lots a while ago. 4 to a pack for $0.99 . Now they do not carry them. They are the yellow Poly Foam (I think they are poly) All they carry now is big, terry applicators.
    I have been searching, and all I come up with, is ones that cost over a buck a piece. crazy....I shoulda bought the entire stock while I had the chance....
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to buy foam wax applicators?

I looked thru my detailing links i have saved in my favorites. best deal i could find is 6 of those yellow 4 inch ones for 3 bucks. Thats from topoftheline.com

Post Thanks / Like

I was having trouble finding these too. Wal Mart and Big lots didn`t carry them for a while. Wal-Mart is now carrying the Megs ones for a buck a piece. I really liked the Big Lots one for applying tire dressing and interior dressing...
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    I was having trouble finding these too. Wal Mart and Big lots didn`t carry them for a while. Wal-Mart is now carrying the Megs ones for a buck a piece. I really liked the Big Lots one for applying tire dressing and interior dressing...

And you couldn`t beat 4 for a buck either......
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Found these....

4 for $3.59 but you have to pay shipping

http://autodetailingsolutions.com/applicator_pads.htm

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDetailer
    I looked thru my detailing links i have saved in my favorites. best deal i could find is 6 of those yellow 4 inch ones for 3 bucks. Thats from topoftheline.com
    Should have supplied the link, so here ya go.

http://www.topoftheline.com/foamwaxap.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    Well, I am running low. I picked up about 15 packs from Big Lots a while ago. 4 to a pack for $0.99 . Now they do not carry them. They are the yellow Poly Foam (I think they are poly) All they carry now is big, terry applicators.
    I have been searching, and all I come up with, is ones that cost over a buck a piece. crazy....I shoulda bought the entire stock while I had the chance....

I have some of those Big Lot foam apps and I find them to be very rough feeling compared to the silky feeling of the Megs ones. They are good for metal and maybe interiors but I didn`t feel comfortable using them on paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm the ones I have do not feel rough. Are the ones you have yellow or white?

Post Thanks / Like

just got some down at the all truck show at carlisle

they don`t have a web page but toll free number

Showtime Auto Acc
    899 North Market Street
    Selinsgrove, PA 17870, USA
    Voice: 800-232-8861
    Fax: 717-374-9525

think 10 /4.00 100 /25.00

Jeff

2006 Silverado extra cab Black level 3
    2004 Subaru Legacy GT
    1995 SHO ATX TAURUS LOADED RARE GREEN
    1993 SHO ATX STRIPPER MODEL BLUE/ BLACK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    I have some of those Big Lot foam apps and I find them to be very rough feeling compared to the silky feeling of the Megs ones. They are good for metal and maybe interiors but I didn`t feel comfortable using them on paint.
    I agree. The ones that I used were very porous and rough- hence why I use them on tires and interior dashes. I really don`t care for the Megs one`s for paint either because they seem to grab the finish more than I`d like. With the PC and different pads I don`t need to do anything to the paint by hand anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

I lkie to apply my LSP by hand. Besides these foam pads, what do you all use?
    I have seen the terry ones with foam core.......

Post Thanks / Like

I like a finishing pad for my sealants with the PC. If I do a sealant by hand I like to use a MF applicator pad. If I am going to use a paste wax I like to use the S100/P21s applicator/insert thing (guess it isn`t an applicator but it works great).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    Hmmmmm the ones I have do not feel rough. Are the ones you have yellow or white?
    They were/are yellow and as mentioned they are very porous and rough. Maybe they don`t marr paint I don`t know because as soon as I felt them I knew that I would never use them on paint and haven`t. They work well on metal and hard plastic or vinyl on the interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    I really don`t care for the Megs one`s for paint either because they seem to grab the finish more than I`d like.
    I noticed that with some of the Megs foam apps but not all. After a few uses and washes that grabby feeling goes away. I find the Megs apps actually get softer and glide over the paint easier as they age and have been washed several times. I wash them with regular Dawn in warm water by hand than squeeze the water out and let air dry and they work great this way. I have and still use some that are over two years old and they are every soft and silky feeling and glide nicely over the paint. No marring at all and believe me when I tell you I check for this under every imaginable lighting source I can find.

Just a little tip on the Megs foam apps. Try cutting them in half. They aren`t solid apps they are actually two apps attached. Split them at the seam and you get two. Soaks up less product too so you use less.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    I noticed that with some of the Megs foam apps but not all. After a few uses and washes that grabby feeling goes away. I find the Megs apps actually get softer and glide over the paint easier as they age and have been washed several times. I wash them with regular Dawn in warm water by hand than squeeze the water out and let air dry and they work great this way. I have and still use some that are over two years old and they are every soft and silky feeling and glide nicely over the paint. No marring at all and believe me when I tell you I check for this under every imaginable lighting source I can find.

t too.
    Anthony, i have several of the Megs Applicators myself as a matter of fact all of the foam ones are megs. I use`em for different products in different areas of cleaning im going on a year with multiple washes with no problems,so i have to say i like them too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information