Post Thanks / Like

Pressure Washing with PPF

It`s been a decade since I`ve had PPF but new ride is getting full wrap

Any extra care/precautions when using PW to pre-rinse and potential edge lift.

Or you just got to town.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure Washing with PPF

Stay away from edges. Shouldn’t be much if your going full wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sorta mad max with the PW. Hit the wheels/WW with 25%. Don`t even switch it up to something wider on paint. I am mindful on the angle of spray for Trim on the D Pillars. But that`s really about it. I usually just go to town with the wand.....

I think I may have to be mindful on panel edges regardless tho with wrap on...

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

As has already been correctly stated - Stay away from pointing the wand at edges...

I only use the widest angle spray tip on my pressure washer, and consider this to be the safest... And I have never hurt anything using it either, in decades... All the narrower angle tips will actually drill into anything - even concrete pretty easy - if held on a spot long enough...

The ppf will clean up so much faster because it is plastic, but you still have to be mindful of it like anything else you are pressure washing...

I still spray down entire engines and compartments, the underside of the hood,(don`t touch that insulation, or if have to, just quickly from a distance), all the places in front of some vehicles that are accessible when the hood is up, and I never have had any issues... Just look at what you are doing and never spray directly at connectors, etc., intakes, etc., just use common sense...

Then, Immediately After, my Master Blaster 8hp Blower under the hood, start at top of opened hood and go down, get all the water off, then start the back of the engine and go forward, lots of hot air everywhere, so the water does not sit on it, then the rest of the compartment, to the radiator, etc., going forward from the back of the compartment, so you get as much water off and out, and not blow it all over the dried places again... Let it sit outside in the sun as long as you can, if possible, and the next morning, I spray a nice plastic renewer, etc., product all over the engine, etc., where applicable, and it comes out fabulous.. And, starts right up...

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Dan. What is the actual tip you have and use on your pressure washer. Today all the pressure washer tips are color coated and have different degrees to go along with the color. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I had to break out the extended length socket handle and wrench to remove one of the tips off my nozzle setup. Knowing me, I probably put a bit of loctite on it. All my various heads have a hooded heat and it`s labeled size and angle. But I forgot what brand it was (LOL) and wanted to remove them to check

Post Thanks / Like

My PPF is old. On there from a previous owner. It’s almost had like a layer of skin come off from 45* nozzle. I’m guessing the new stuff is probably better.

Post Thanks / Like

PoisonTheWell --

Yes, the newer products are actually much thinner, flexible, stronger, and harder to spot on the surfaces, in my experiences with the 3M line...
    If you choose to reapply it, you will be very happy... And your paint is protected from rock chips...
    Good luck with this !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bull6791 View Post
    Dan. What is the actual tip you have and use on your pressure washer. Today all the pressure washer tips are color coated and have different degrees to go along with the color. Thanks
    Amigo --

My pressure washer and longer wand/tip combination is very old.. I don`t remember the tip brand or size..

They only make so many tips, like 4-5 perhaps, so look at them and get the widest, is what I would do today..

Good luck with your project -
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

White or green - 25 or 40 degree angles if you are talking the colored tips. Just make sure the -orifice size- is matched to whatever output you seek FWIW.

Thread Information