Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nature`s miracle...

Well, this is a first. Got an interior detail for an old customer. His wife sprayed too much Nature`s Miracle. Any ideas how to remedy that?

I was going to tackle it the usual way but am not sure it would work. Steam cleaner and carpet shampoo.

Thanks much in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nature`s miracle...

Martyk1313:
    I do not think that carpet shampoo and a steam cleaner will effectively remove the excessive "odor" of Nature`s Miracle.
    A carpet extractor and an an ozone generator may be a better solution (no pun intended) to the odors.

SO, since you don`t have either, my suggestion is to use your steamer and then try to absorb the residue with an absorbent towel or microfiber cloth. This may require repeated applications before your notice a reduction in the odor. Then open the vehicle doors and allow the fragrance to disseminate and diminish on its own. You MIGHT use a window fan to speed up and assist this process, as the air movement will help air out the embedded odors/fragrance in carpet and seat fibers (that is if the seats are fabric!).

The other option is to use a wet/dry shop vacuum as a poor man`s extractor. Personally, I don`t think it`s a good tool for that because MOST shop vac lack the suction power and the properly shaped tools to act as a good extractor, BUT many detailers do use it this way. The next option is rent an extractor, like a Rug Doctor, from a hardware store or a carpet store that sells extractors. OR, if you have a friend who has a Bissell Little Green Machine home extractor that you could borrow and use that. That might be your best bet to removing/extracting the Nature`s Miracle fragrances that exist in the fibers.

One caveat to this is IF the Nature`s Miracle spray solution was excessively sprayed on and allowed to sit for a while before it was brought to you. The "problem" is that the spray solution may have wicked, leached, and/or soaked deeply into the carpet foam pad or the seat form. That is the real problem because short of multiple extractions, trying to remove the odor may be next to impossible. Not what you want to hear, but that possibility exist.
    Ask anyone who has tried to clean "human body fluids" stains that soak into the foam or pads.

What is "interesting" about your detailing "challenge" is what odor or problem was the customer trying to remedy on their own in the first place?? It also highlights the axiom, "Too much of a good thing can kill you." Or that "more is better" may not be the best way to solve a problem. "If you want it done right, take it to professional in the first place". (Ah yes, Captain Obvious is also Captain Cliche)
    GB detailer

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martyk1313 View Post
    Well, this is a first. Got an interior detail for an old customer. His wife sprayed too much Nature`s Miracle. Any ideas how to remedy that?

I was going to tackle it the usual way but am not sure it would work. Steam cleaner and carpet shampoo.

Thanks much in advance!

What happened on the place - Seat/s Carpet/s Where?, that caused them to use this product?

Was whatever happened, removed first, and then they used the product ?

Did they follow the Directions on the bottle and complete the process ?

There are at least 4 different versions of this product -which one got sprayed on the place ?

Dan F
    Thanks Martyk1313 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Get a cat to piss in the car. That will do it
    Thanks wannafbody thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    What happened on the place - Seat/s Carpet/s Where?, that caused them to use this product?

There are at least 4 different versions of this product -which one got sprayed on the place ?

Dan F
    Last time I detailed his suv, their dog had an accident in the back seat. It had gotten on the seat, between the seats and on the floor. I`ll ask him more info.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Martyk1313:
    I do not think that carpet shampoo and a steam cleaner will effectively remove the excessive "odor" of Nature`s Miracle.
    A carpet extractor and an an ozone generator may be a better solution (no pun intended) to the odors.

SO, since you don`t have either, my suggestion is to use your steamer and then try to absorb the residue with an absorbent towel or microfiber cloth. This may require repeated applications before your notice a reduction in the odor. Then open the vehicle doors and allow the fragrance to disseminate and diminish on its own. You MIGHT use a window fan to speed up and assist this process, as the air movement will help air out the embedded odors/fragrance in carpet and seat fibers (that is if the seats are fabric!).

The other option is to use a wet/dry shop vacuum as a poor man`s extractor. Personally, I don`t think it`s a good tool for that because MOST shop vac lack the suction power and the properly shaped tools to act as a good extractor, BUT many detailers do use it this way. The next option is rent an extractor, like a Rug Doctor, from a hardware store or a carpet store that sells extractors. OR, if you have a friend who has a Bissell Little Green Machine home extractor that you could borrow and use that. That might be your best bet to removing/extracting the Nature`s Miracle fragrances that exist in the fibers.

One caveat to this is IF the Nature`s Miracle spray solution was excessively sprayed on and allowed to sit for a while before it was brought to you. The "problem" is that the spray solution may have wicked, leached, and/or soaked deeply into the carpet foam pad or the seat form. That is the real problem because short of multiple extractions, trying to remove the odor may be next to impossible. Not what you want to hear, but that possibility exist.
    Ask anyone who has tried to clean "human body fluids" stains that soak into the foam or pads.

What is "interesting" about your detailing "challenge" is what odor or problem was the customer trying to remedy on their own in the first place?? It also highlights the axiom, "Too much of a good thing can kill you." Or that "more is better" may not be the best way to solve a problem. "If you want it done right, take it to professional in the first place". (Ah yes, Captain Obvious is also Captain Cliche)
    I have a portable rug doctor carpet shampoo machine. Last time this happened I was able to get most of the smell out..most but not all. I will try your other suggestions as well.

I need to research odor removal tools. I have not done too much in this area. I tend to stay away from bodily fluids of any variety...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post

Dan F
    Here is what he said

so it`s the same urine spot from a dog in the backseat that we had you come clean the first time. The smell didn`t come out completely so we tried nature`s miracle urine destroyer. And I let my fiance do the process I think she used too much nature`s miracle and it didn`t dry it properly. There is no smell of urine only a faint smell of the nature miracle product. It`s probably been 4 months since she`s had the smell in the vehicle and used the nature`s miracle. I understand that it`s possible that the smell might not come out all the way.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

martyk1313:
    Now we know "the rest of the story", as long-time radio news announcer Paul Harvey used to say. I think the extraction process is still your best bet, BUT as you have stated, because of the excess amount of Nature`s Miracle solution that has been used by the over-zealous fiance, I am guessing that it is deep into the seat foam that the extractor suction simply cannot reach.

Covering up an odor/fragrance with another fragrance, even if the second one is "more pleasant" than the first disagreeable fragrance, that may not always be the best route to take, nor does it always work. Good example: many uneducated individuals spray Lysol Deodorizer Spray into HVAC vents on vehicles in a futile attempt to "eliminate" nasty pungent AC moldy smells when the AC is first turned on. While it may "mask" or cover up the smell initially, once the Lysol fragrance disseminates over a short period of time, the moldy smell re-appears. Unless the AC system and the air vents/ducting are disassembled and the source of the mold is located, cleaned up, and eliminated, the moldy smell will continue. One way I have found to help mitigate (but not stop it completely) is to turn the heater up to its hottest setting and fun the fan on high for about a minute before shutting off the vehicle. Kinda counter-intuitive to do so in the summer, but the heat evaporates some of the water that condenses in the ducting from the cool AC air, especially on humid days, which is THE major contributor and source of the mold to grow. The other is that AC condenser water evaporator may not be working OR that the AC drain tube may be plugged with lawn or leaf debris. Also many high-end vehicles have an HVAC cabin air filter that may be wet and have mold growing on/in it.

Trying to take apart or remove the offending seat or cushion to get better access to the area that has the offending smell may not be within your mechanical ability/aptitude and/or you may not have all the necessary tools for such an undertaking in your toolbox. BUT that may also be the best solution to this problem.

If you think your client has an odor problem, it is NOTHING compared to trying to find and eliminate a sour milk smell in a Honda Van in this thread by Shane B.: (Spoiler alert (pun intended), see Post #25!)
    Crying over spilled milk
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what he said

so it`s the same urine spot from a dog in the backseat that we had you come clean the first time. The smell didn`t come out completely so we tried nature`s miracle urine destroyer. And I let my fiance do the process I think she used too much nature`s miracle and it didn`t dry it properly. There is no smell of urine only a faint smell of the nature miracle product. It`s probably been 4 months since she`s had the smell in the vehicle and used the nature`s miracle. I understand that it`s possible that the smell might not come out all the way.

Mobile Car Detailing
    Martyk1313 --------------

Thanks for your reply..

It is possible that this product they used is only doing what it is supposed to do per the Directions on the product here ---

People and pets should not be allowed on treated areas until product has dried.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE
    Before using, test surfaces to be treated for color fastness by applying to a hidden area. Wait 1 hour, then wipe with cloth. If color is removed from the test area, do not use Nature`s Miracle® Urine Destroyer on those surfaces. Do not use on untreated hardwood, leather, suede, silk or wool specialty fabrics. Always use this product full strength. Do not dilute. Always use Nature`s Miracle Urine Destroyer products first. Other cleaners and detergents may fail and chemically "set" stains that will be impossible to remove.

FOR STAIN REMOVAL
    Wipe up as much of the stain as possible, then thoroughly soak stain with this product.
    Allow to work for 10 minutes, then blot up stain with a clean cloth.
    Allow area to dry for 24 hours.
    For severe, old or stubborn stains an carpeting or fabrics (feces or vomit/hairball), follow steps 1-2 above and follow with gently scrubbing the stain with a soft bristle brush for 1 minute, then allow to dry for 24 hours.

FOR ODOR ELIMINATION
    Wipe up excess odor-causing material, then thoroughly soak area with this product. Saturation is important so that this product can penetrate deeply to the odor source. In carpeting, this may mean lifting carpet and applying directly to the pad and floor.
    Do not wipe up excess.
    Leave treated area wet and let it air dry. Odor will fade as this product dries. Complete odor elimination only happens when all odor sources are reached.

For severe, old or stubborn odors on carpeting or fabrics, saturate a towel with water and lay over the treated area, letting sit for 1 to 2 hours. This will allow the bacterial enzymatic activity to break down and consume more of the odor.

As I read the Directions for Odor Removal - It says to apply liberally, saturation is important.. Leave treated area wet and let it air dry..

The last paragraph is very important to read too..

It is important to understand how Enzymes work and this product says they use them...

If all they are wanting to do NOW, is remove the odor of the Nature`s Miracle, then apparently, the Urine odor is gone, right ??

If this was in my shop I would first try the directions that are in BOLD for Odor Removal of Old or Stubborn Odors first.. I would try to get the Enzymes to do the work first because that is what they do to remove odors..

If they had the car back for 4 months and are just now telling you about what they did, perhaps it is not that bad or what ???

Then and only then, would I use my HP-60 Mytee hot water Extractor and perhaps my Steamer first, to get it warm down there..

You do not have anything that powerful from what you said, so if you decide to go this route, know that you will have to use the smallest tool on the end to give you the most suction, and hold it - forever - on each square inch of wherever the odor is..
    And maybe you will get enough moisture out... But if you do not, then you risk other things in the bacteria world growing down there and then it is a problem all over again..

Guess these people do not know how to control their animal, and keep doing this to themselves...

I have had to extract water from German car Interiors left out in the rain with windows down before, and even with this awesome water lift extractor, it took a lot of hours to get as much water as I could out of the Foam in those seats and seat backs... Foam does not easily ever give up moisture except perhaps if left out in the full sun facing South for as long as it takes to dry it..

Good luck with this -
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Martyk1313---
    Here is more on the bottle for Nature`s Miracle Urine Destroyer for Dogs-----

Usage Guidelines
    Spot Treatment SOFT SURFACES
    Stain Size (Diameter in Inches) Recommended Usage (Ounces)
    1-2 inch ½ ounce
    3-6 inch 1 ounce
    6-9 inch 2 ounces
    9-12 inch 4 ounces
    Spot Treatment HARD SURFACES
    Stain Size (Diameter in Inches) Recommended Usage (Ounces)
    1-2 inch ¼ ounce
    3-6 inch ½ ounce
    6-9 inch 1 ounce
    9-12 inch 2 ounces
    Larger Area Stain Treatment SOFT SURFACES
    Stain Size (Square Feet) Recommended Usage (Ounces)
    1x1 ft 4 ounces
    2x2 ft 8 ounces
    3x3 ft 32 ounces

Larger Area Stain Treatment HARD SURFACES
    Stain Size (Square Feet) Recommended Usage (Ounces)
    1x1 ft 2 ounces
    2x2 ft 4 ounces
    3x3 ft 16 ounces
    Ingredients
    Water, Surfactants, lsopropyl Alcohol, Enzymatic Blend, Fresh Fragrance, Preservative, Odor Counteractant.

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried this product?

Post Thanks / Like

The Nosguard auto eliminator used chlorine dioxide as its "de-odorizer". I have NO experience using it, however. You might be the "beta-tester" (IE, first to actually use it) in this forum for it
    This chemical is also used a disinfectant.

I think Dakota Bombs use this same chemical.

I think the consensus with "de-odorizing" and eliminating pet urine odors is using products that have enzymes in them to break down the urine proteins, which is why Nature`s Miracle is probably THE most-popular and used product by pet owners who experience pet urine `accidents" and problems.

That is not to say that other odor technologies and methods cannot be used or are as effective. One de-odorizing product company you may want Google and research is Thornell Odor-Cide. I would contact them or find a local dealer, like a carpet cleaning company, near you that you could buy a small sample to try. Odorcide uses a chemistry called Zwaademaker Conjugates. This process bonds, absorbs and then counteracts the odor molecules ability to emit a vapor.
    I`ve used product to mitigate pet hair odors. Think of it as FeBreze on steroids.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Steam cleaned, shampooed, extracted, use dawn soap and hot water, sprayed odoban, used a mcguires odor bomb. It worked!
    Likes Stokdgs, dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Steam cleaned, shampooed, extracted, use dawn soap and hot water, sprayed odoban, used a mcguires odor bomb. It worked!
    You left out kitchen sink. lol

Glad it worked out.
    Likes Martyk1313 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information