Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nature`s miracle...

Three questions Martyk1313:
    1) How many times did you extract with your portable Rug Doctor extractor? When you say "portable", I assume it is the Pet Spot Remover home-owner/consumer model similar to the Bissell Little Green Machine you can purchase at big box stores.
    2) Why the Dawn dish soap for an "intermediate" cleaning step? I am not dissing you for using it; just wonder why and what it does in your animal urine/Nature`s Miracle fragrance removal process.
    3) What made you try Meg`s Odor Bomb? How well did it work? What does the client think of the "fragrance"? Not sure what the exact fragrance is.

Thanks for answering my questions and posting your unique and "unusual" detailing challenge. The longer you detail, the more detailing "opportunities" you will run into. It may have taken a little more time and experimentation to get the job done, but the final results speak for themselves, and the client is happy, and that is what detailing someone else`s vehicle is all about AND, we all learned along with you!!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martyk1313 View Post
    Steam cleaned, shampooed, extracted, use dawn soap and hot water, sprayed odoban, used a mcguires odor bomb. It worked!
    Oh good! I was hoping you`d come up with something successful.

I didn`t have anything to suggest as *my* main reaction to this thread was surprise that the NM *caused* an odor problem! I`ve used it plenty of times without anything like that, but then I didn`t dump a huge amount on there either. Sounds like I`d better keep being careful about that, so I did learn something

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martyk1313 View Post
    Steam cleaned, shampooed, extracted, use dawn soap and hot water, sprayed odoban, used a mcguires odor bomb. It worked!
    Well, at least until the internal temperature eclipses 100F. But let’s hope you conquered it as DownSouth stated, you did everything but throw the kitchen sink at it. Congrats!
    Likes Martyk1313 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Three questions Martyk1313:
    1) How many times did you extract with your portable Rug Doctor extractor? When you say "portable", I assume it is the Pet Spot Remover home-owner/consumer model similar to the Bissell Little Green Machine you can purchase at big box stores.
    2) Why the Dawn dish soap for an "intermediate" cleaning step? I am not dissing you for using it; just wonder why and what it does in your animal urine/Nature`s Miracle fragrance removal process.
    3) What made you try Meg`s Odor Bomb? How well did it work? What does the client think of the "fragrance"? Not sure what the exact fragrance is.

Thanks for answering my questions and posting your unique and "unusual" detailing challenge. The longer you detail, the more detailing "opportunities" you will run into. It may have taken a little more time and experimentation to get the job done, but the final results speak for themselves, and the client is happy, and that is what detailing someone else`s vehicle is all about AND, we all learned along with you!!
    I used the rug doctor portable carpet cleaner. It`s much like the little green machine.

A detailer on Facebook suggested dawn. No reason as to why I inserted it where I did.

A employee at O`Reilly recommended the odor eliminator. He said he used it and it worked.

I have 16 years experience as a detailer. 1st time dealing with this.
    Likes dgage liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were able to fix this !

I have seen vehicles that had those bomb things in them, and it made the drivers of the cars sick when they got in them...
    Let`s hope that does not happen to these people..

I had to take a new BMW that had been bombed like that, and clean with steam and a really good Meguiars APC, every square inch of the Interior, to first, get all
    the horrible Nicotine that was stuck to everything off, and then everything else that was coated with that awful bomb, which was the entire inside..

Guess the dealer that sold him the car had his guy just bomb it to get rid of the terrible "smoker" smell in it and not really address the source of the smell...

Once I was done, the Bimmer smelled = Clean -
    The owner could drive it again and not get sickened, headaches, from the bomb smell...

I will never use those things...

Dan F

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information