Post Thanks / Like

So who`s tried the Koch Chemie polishes?

Hi Autobots lol i posted this same thread on autogeek. I forgot that they frown on talking about products that autogeek doesn`t sell

I haven`t seen much feedback on the Koch Chemie line since they came to America and for me Canada.

I`ve been looking at their medium polish F6/01. Mostly what i use are 1 step medium polishes and i already have sonax cutmax which i`m more then happy with. The medium polishes i have are 3D one, works great but a bit oily and Rupes DA fine, to dusty for me and the dispenser cap is junk. I used up a bottle of perfect finish which is nice but will get a little dusty sometimes not so fast as rupes however. I also had 2 samples of griots correcting cream, i found it too thin and runny. Not sure if it went bad or something.

Anyhow, always on the look out for my go to medium polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So who`s tried the Koch Chemie polishes?

Haven’t tried their polishes but I line their FSE detail spray with water spot remover. Neat product.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have. i absolutely love them

Post Thanks / Like

Polishes are good but not great.. H9 is a very fast to cut but dusts more than comparable products, M3 doesn`t finish as well as Scholl S40. Admittedly I`ve used F6 just once and it wasn`t particularly memorable.. Scholl S20 is the daddy of one steps esp when teamed with their Spider pads - Neo Honey pad for medium to soft, purple for medium clear, blue for hard clear. Finishes perfectly and a much better product than Perfect Finish (massively overrated!).

Koch do make some great products though including FSe and Green Star.
    Likes noorth, Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks Lonnie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have an experience using heavy compounds for a 1 step with rupes yellow foam? Something like carpro`s ultracut, the last cut and scholls S2 black? Not something that as been on my radar before. Since i want full correction on my bonnet when i get home i was thinking about trying it.

Nv`s Precision compound claims to get a possible one step too with the right pad. I might try that just because i like Nv EVO so much.

After watching apex on youtube S2 black is very similar to 3D One.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to avoid dust per OP you`re generally going to want to avoid heavy cut compounds with any pad - ultra cut and s2 are low dusting and both incredible at scything through paint, but although they finish well, on all but hard paint they would benefit from a finishing polish to give the finish extra clarity/pop. In contrast something like S20 creates next to no dust unless your technique is miles off and can finish down even better on all but the softest paint - it is marketed as a one-step for a reason.

What level of correction is CutMax and your pad of choice giving you, are you looking for more cut or similar cut with better user experience? It`s impossible to give combination recommendations that are guaranteed to do what you want them to without test spots etc.

What I can say is that S20 is marketed to cut nearly as well - both capable of removing 1500-2000 grit sanding marks. You mentioned you don`t like a thin liquid, S20 is more viscous - all i`d say is to avoid Scholl`s 250ml bottles as their dispensers are poor.. unlike 500ml.

Plenty of footage on Youtube... S20 has won nearly every medium/one step shootout it`s featured in. Added as a curve ball it even won Sandro`s heavy cut compound shootout. The renowned Steampunk has written many a thread on the excellence of Scholl abrasives and their Spider pads which are expensive but IME far beyond anything else available on the market for a balance of cut, heat dissipation and longevity.

A good detailer can correct paint with any line of compounds - for me Scholl`s system is just miles more efficient than anything I`ve used with so little compromise, yet hasn`t taken 1000 hours to master.

Post Thanks / Like

My original post i`m basically looking for a product like 3D One with a nicer wipeoff. Its not terrible but i like for it to be a little easier.

I have never tried cutmax on a medium pad. That said the 4 compounds i mentioned in my second post are all marketed as high gloss compounds with the right pad.
    Basically i want to spend some money haha I think i will get Precision hopefully its like 3D one in cut and finish.They give it a 8/10 for cut so its not a heavy compound like ultracut or cutmax. I`m scrapping that idea, like you say heavy compounds can dust more, thanks for the reminder.

I`m so impressed with EVO i`m going with my gut.

Post Thanks / Like

If you`re looking for a product that is similar to 3D One with an easier wipeoff then Turtle Wax`s "One and Done" product is something I`d recommend. Has a nice scent as well. I did my hood with the TW 1&D and a hydrotech tangerine pad and the roof with a hydrotech cyan pad, I was pleased with the results.

As far as using a compound as a one step, I have read about people using Menzerna FG400 (I think its now called heavy cut 400) as a one step on harder clears. I personally do not have any experience with it though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This is the description of Nv Precision. I`m going to pick up the blue SDO pad from Lake country too, i noticed a few professional detailers are not fond of the blue rupes foam. I rather use foam pads as well since i don`t have compressed air so its win/win for me.

I`ll be sure to post my experience, my first combo will be Precison and rupes yellow and take it from there, should be fun! I will have to wait for it to arrive. Now i can enjoy my gyeon primer topped with high gloss for a few more weeks. lol Looks great and great beading.

PRECISION IS A HIGH GLOSS CUTTING COMPOUND THAT CAN REMOVE MEDIUM TO HEAVY DEFECTS WITH EASE. IT IS DESIGNED TO MAXIMIZE THE FINISHING CAPABILITIES OF FOAM PADS AND PROVIDE AN INCREDIBLE CUT & FINISH IN ONE-STEP.
    The abrasives in PRECISON are larger than your standard cutting compound, but the abrasives are refined to have smoother edges. This allows the compound to still remove swirling & scratching easily, but also allows the abrasive to actively refine the finish giving you in many cases, a great one-step solution.

Utilizing this technology, PRECISION has such a wide corrective range between cut & finish, which allows it to effectively work on various paints & paint conditions. This makes it a compound you can constantly depend on and has quickly turned into that trusted workhorse compound for many professionals.

Precision’s long working time gives you more control over the compound. While you can wipe off the product after two passes and get amazing results, you are able to work the compound longer to chase that little bit more cut or refinement.

Foam is the pad of choice for beginners and is still used enormously by professionals. Foam is consistent, easier to master and requires less cleaning between polishing sets.

Foam pads generate more friction between the paint than fiber-based pads so they require more lubrication. The increased lubrication reduces the chance of hazing and ultimately contributes to its finish.

The description of the abrasives is interesting because the founder of 3D Tunc something explained in a video with Mike Philips how ACA abrasives act something like marbles over the paint if i remembered correctly. I might watch it again sometime the next few days.

Thread Information