Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Replacement for KAIO?

Hi Lonnie,

I use a larger pad which doesn`t fit, but #4 on your list covers everything exactly: I`ve used fingers (too messy), or transferred from the included applicator to the pad. I did think about a butter knife or something similar, maybe a well-made plastic putty knife of sorts.

As to #6, I remember ~40 years ago waxing my brother`s green Fiat as an (infrequent) gesture of brotherly love, only to find that removal wasn`t much of an option. The car was used and I seem to recall that the paint job appeared less-than-professional, but either way, he likes to remind me of that from time to time!
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I love Duragloss too, but try 501 vs KAIO on oxidized black wiper arms and it’s night and day. KAIO makes them like new with minimal effort..
    Hey, I found that interesting, if only because I don`t know from 501 but *do* know that it`s popular here.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Anyone use KAIO for any off label uses I heard about windows but never tried I have multiple bottles
    I had awful results when I tried it on glass, but IMHO that`s just a case of something that works fine for *so many* others not proving Accumulator-proof
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlieo View Post
    Hi Accumulator, I remember you from years ago, glad to see you`re still on here...
    Heh heh, yeah...still here
    I wound up getting more KAIO, I figure it`s cleaning I`m primarily after, I`ll just have to be more deliberate as far as following with a protective coat of wax/ 1000P.
    OK, and it does work fine under the FK.

Though I appreciate the zen-like qualities of hand application/removal, in order to be able to use my hands the next day I tend to at least apply with a pad: would it help in any way to go up 1 level in aggressiveness, or is that not going to help KAIO since it apparently cleans very well to begin with? I also wonder if the more aggressive pad might cause problems: not sure this tells you what you need to know, but I use SFX Orange and Lake Country Green pads, which are the appropriate pads to the best of my knowledge...
    While neither of those pads is on my (out-of-date) radar, my take on all such AOIing stuff is to NEVER use a pad that might instill micromarring. So I wouldn`t use most orange pads (i.e., Light Cutting Orange pads). BUT I do use Polishing pads and not uber-soft Finishing ones (e.g., LC Black). It sounds to me like you`re on the right track since you`re being concerned about the pads being too aggressive.

Lastly: do you have a recommended way to get a paste wax onto a pad? My method is something other than sophisticated!
    I usually use a plastic razor blade, as I find it easier than spatulas/etc. If using a 4" pad, you can often just jam it into the tin. Heh heh, my method probably isn`t too sophisticated either, but hey...simple and crude can be OK too. As they said at some Driving Schools, "it doesn`t have to be pretty, it just has to work".
    Thanks for the considered reply..
    "Considered" sounds a lot nicer than "long-winded"

and to all for their input.,,
    Just a FWIW, and one that had me scratching my head: I was digging Lonnie`s reply (per usual) then I saw that he runs his machine a lot slower than I do (meaning, different choices can all work fine) and that he can have trouble if he applies to the whole vehicle before buffing off (which I do almost all the time with paste LSPs), which might be a matter of my nutty-thin applications, so maybe it`s best to do it his way unless you *know* you`ll be OK with mine.

This forum continues to rock!
    Indeed
    Likes RPPM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you might really enjoy Duragloss 101. It has a very light diminishing abrasive in it, so it cleans chemically, and a little with abrasives. But it also has some hardcore protection. Slightly less cut than 501, but way better protection package. It`s not going to cut like the modern generation, but none of them can compete with the durability of 101.

Also, the gloss it leaves is wet, and deep. If I use 101, I can maintain with Aquawax, and/or add a layer of 111. In the summer I used to top with a Zymol wax, but whatever you like will work.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

IME the older Duragloss products aren`t quite as good as the ZAIO Accumulator is currently using. ZAIO doesn`t have much cut but neither do most AIO`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    IME the older Duragloss products aren`t quite as good as the ZAIO Accumulator is currently using. ZAIO doesn`t have much cut but neither do most AIO`s.
    IME the ZAIO barely abrasive at all. NEVER does anything close to correction for me, and I don`t hesitate to use it on "already too-thin" paints. And oh man...it`s just *so* user-friendly!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you could get cut out of ZAIO with an orange pad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information