Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bucket fed pressure washers

PM me your number, I will show a quick demo when I wash our Jeep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    PM me your number, I will show a quick demo when I wash our Jeep
    Thanks again for taking time out of your day to shoot/send the video, as well as shooting the breeze on the phone on my drive home! Very much appreciated.

Definitely excited to get this thing and try it out!

Post Thanks / Like

No problem my friend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Worx Hydroshot for wheels/wheel wells/bugs and rinseless wash the rest. If the car is really bad, then I use a coin-op car wash to blast the dirt off before the rinseless wash.
    The Hydroshot worx pretty well for me. You have to remember that if free flowing water is not available, you are forced to use a pressure washer with reduced flow and pressure. Otherwise you will blast through a lot of water, which you don`t have.
    Any pressure washer can suck water from a tank/bucket, just add a valve at the end of the filter in order to prevent inlet water from draining to the tank when you let off the trigger. But if you use a pressure washer with high flow it will empty the bucket fairly quick. Most basic pressure washer have at least 1 gallon/minute flow. You probably have a few minutes of actual run time from a 5 gal bucket with a basic pressure washer. It`s a compromise, I don`t think there is any way around it.

Post Thanks / Like

Update: Rats - Order has been delayed, estimated arrival date is May 10th. Good thing I don`t need it, but sure would nice to get it sooner than nearly a month after I ordered it...

They did give me an extra $15 off, so that helps some.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got the Greenworks yesterday.

Like someone mentioned earlier, it wasn`t on their website anymore - looks like they no longer sell it anywhere. Best Buy removed their listing from their site while I was waiting for my order, for a while I was wondering if they`d actually be able to fulfill my order. But, they managed to get one direct from GW. If they failed, I was getting ready to go for the newer SunJoe (24v-x2) because I really wanted to try cordless. Would have been quite a jump in price though since I would have had to get a unit with batteries also.

Gave the GW a test run last night and have to say I`m happy with how it went. Gave the wife`s Q5 a bath in the garage - Did the wheels first with normal car wash soap and a boars hair wheel brush. Used the pressure washer to rinse the wheels then pre-spray the car to remove any road grit. Followed that with a Rinseless wash with Griot`s Brilliant Finish Rinseless (I`m really digging that stuff).

Water wise, I think I went through about 5 gallons. I used my 4.0aH battery from the leaf blower I have and only used 1/2 of it.

Performance wise, it`s exactly what I was expecting (again - rated at 800psi. I thought the quoted GPM was .8, but the tech specs in the manual say 1.0gpm). You`re not going to strip paint off a bridge with it, but to clean up a car for RW duty it was just fine. Definitely looking forward to getting a stubby gun for it - in close quarters in a garage it`s tight moving around with the full wand that comes with it. I was also really happy with how quite the machine was. I`d say it`s quieter than my 1600/1.2 Ryobi for sure.

At some point, just for giggles I`ll hook up my BOSS cannon and see if it can make any kind of foam. I`m also curious to play with the cute little soap bottle it came with and see what kind of dilution ratio it`s putting out. Who knows, maybe I could use that to apply a Rinseless of choice as a pre-soak before putting towel to paint.

Initial impression: If you`re someone like me who doesn`t have a coin-op car wash anywhere in a reasonable vicinity, and even a touchless tunnel wash is hard to come by, this could be a solid option to consider.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. You could even get a pump foamer and spray some prewash solution before your initial rinse, like this video here:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...out-hose.html?

Thought it was a cool idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information