Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question on beading, ok when it rains, but almost non existent when rinse after wash

Bought a bottle of Ice Spray Wax because it was in the grocery store and $9 or whatever just to try it. It will work really well with SnS. Inexpensive, quick, easy, great results. I agree with Loach, that is probably the way to go if you`re sticking with SnS.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question on beading, ok when it rains, but almost non existent when rinse after wash

That is the reason why I quit using meguiar`s Gold class way back when. I believe it`s the shine enhancers in their products. Once it cures or whatever it does, The water behavior returns. It sure does make drying the car more difficult though.
    Making someone else happy, is one of the best feelings.

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- heh heh, whatever gets somebody to upgrade from that GC shampoo sounds good to me I`ve never understood why some think it`s good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, I ditched it years ago too. I don’t think it deserves to be named “Gold” anything.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Same here, I ditched it years ago too. I don’t think it deserves to be named “Gold” anything.
    It’s cuz we tope’s and Geeks moved on to platinum and diamond class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

OP. If you are using a dedicated car wash soap then that`s your problem. Instead use Dawn dish soap. Some will claim that Dawn will dry out your seals and ruin the finish on your vehicle but I`ve never experienced this.

Any other questions?
    Dislikes roscopervis disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If the SDS shows a high percentage sodium cloride (salt) it is there to make the soap appear thicker, and ups the corrosive cleaning, however it often leaves a film on the surface, reducing any beading action.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    OP. If you are using a dedicated car wash soap then that`s your problem. Instead use Dawn dish soap. Some will claim that Dawn will dry out your seals and ruin the finish on your vehicle but I`ve never experienced this.

Any other questions?
    Are you a troll?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Likes Coatings=crack, roscopervis liked this post
    Dislikes bad penny disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ers View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I am going to try either Hyper wash or the optimum.

ERS
    -I would also give my vote to ONR/Optimum.

I might also suggest you give TW ceramic wet wax a shot for a drying aid and to replace the seal and shine. I like both, but for your situation where you are washing and reapplying as often as you are I think you would appreciate the ceramic drying aid. Tough to not give it a shot as cheap as the stuff is!

Post Thanks / Like

There`s a few things here. Most obvious is that you have the wax from the soap masking the underlying protection. This will happen with any wax shampoo. The suggestion to use dish soap is just stupid.

What I would also add is that the protection regime is massive overkill. The wax is on under the sealant, which is applied every fortnight! Fair enough if it was a quick detailer, but it`s a quite high durability sealant. Overkill. The additional problem is that every additional layer seals in contamination.

Change the soap, use a QD instead of a sealant as a QD and then come spring pick better protection products.
    Dislikes bad penny disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Putting a sealant over a wax doesn`t really work, the sealant can not obtain full bonding. It is possible to put a wax over a sealant and expect some usual life of the products.
    Went through proving out/lab test back in the early 90`s.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My understanding was that for the best results with SnS you need to do at least a light correction. And I haven’t heard of it used as a QD or topper. TW Flex Wax seems to be made for both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information