Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another video

Post Thanks / Like

another video

After some searching and random clicking I found another video. Lots of you know how much I love watching videos. It looks like it was done by a guy who likes megs products but seems to know what he`s doing. Here is the link

http://www.showcargarage.com/

Also there is a scratchx video so enjoy and let me know your opinions of this video and the guy`s work

-mike
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: another video

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    After some searching and random clicking I found anther video. Lots of you know how much I love watching videos. It looks like it was done by a guy who likes megs products but seems to know what he`s doing. Here is the link

Also there is a scratchx video so enjoy and let me know your opinions of this video and the guy`s work

-mike
    That dude is Mike Phillips and he does like Meguiars products, so much so that he works for Meguiars. He`s a cool guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey fuzz.thanks for the info I have not even heard of him but he seems to know what he`s doing. I did end up buying the dvd on how to power polish with a pc so will see how that goes but thanks for the info
    -mike
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i seen this from a link posted the other day. I was amazed to see Mike has a prosthetic leg ,he has adjusted so well i would have never known.Congrats to Mike for doing so well..

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz
    That dude is Mike Phillips and he does like Meguiars products, so much so that he works for Meguiars. He`s a cool guy.
    Fuzz did you go with Dwayne to one of mike phillips Meguire days?

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey fuzz.thanks for the info I have not even heard of him but he seems to know what he`s doing. I did end up buying the dvd on how to power polish with a pc so will see how that goes but thanks for the info
    -mike
    I have that video and IMO it`s great. I lend it out to all the newb detailers I bump into. Mike really knows his stuff. He actually teaches the detailing classes that Meguiar`s gives. Luckily, they`re having a road show class in MA in September. I`m all over that and will definitely be there. He`s also coming out with a "how to use a rotary polisher" video which I plan on buying as well.

The car in the wash video actually belongs to Richard (OctaneGuy from Autopia and MOL). He`s business partners with Mike in some fashion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    I have that video and IMO it`s great. I lend it out to all the newb detailers I bump into. Mike really knows his stuff. He actually teaches the detailing classes that Meguiar`s gives. Luckily, they`re having a road show class in MA in September. I`m all over that and will definitely be there. He`s also coming out with a "how to use a rotary polisher" video which I plan on buying as well.

The car in the wash video actually belongs to Richard (OctaneGuy from Autopia and MOL). He`s business partners with Mike in some fashion.

Ill have to look into if there going to be in canada, im really excited for the video now. I purchased it off the same site as the wash clip was on and im hoping it will be here soon. Do you know if he has any other videos or if there are others to look into?
    thnkx

-mike
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

After some searching and random clicking I found another video. Lots of you know how much I love watching videos. It looks like it was done by a guy who likes megs products but seems to know what he`s doing. Here is the link

-mike
    This is a very good video. The only things I do different is. I use two mitts
    One for the upper half and one for the lower. I have them marked. I use the
    Meguairs WW that I hace for door jams and wheels. I have two and one for
    eacj area. I use a Supreme Guzzler for the paint and use Poorboys Spray &
    Wipe while drying. I wipe and not blot. If I were not using a premium WW
    and S&W, I might suggest blotting.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike is a real nice guy with a lot of knowledge. I went to a class in Gettysburg, PA given by Meguiars and Mike Phillips. I would recommend it to anyone.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Cool video!
    AJ

Post Thanks / Like

lol... I saw the whole video. Even if its like basic training, I actually enjoyed all of it...
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

Ill have to look into if there going to be in canada, im really excited for the video now. I purchased it off the same site as the wash clip was on and im hoping it will be here soon. Do you know if he has any other videos or if there are others to look into?
    thnkx

-mike
    Mike does not have any other videos currently. He does appear in the Meguiar`s "How to Remove Paint Defects" video, but the only video he himself has out is the PC video. He is currently editing a rotary buffer video which he will be selling on DVD hopefully soon.

Post Thanks / Like

mhm mike is an ultra cool guy and the DVD is very good, i liked it a lot. I have been using my PC just under 1 year now and I learned lots from the DVD.

BTW you can get the DVD shipped to Canada

Mike will have a Rotary training DVD out soon and he also has a washign video out right now!

Mikeyc: he also wrote the script for that video!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    Mikeyc: he also wrote the script for that video!
    Yeah, I forgot about that. What`s he doing in Irvine? He should move to Hollywood!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad. There a few things that jumped out at me though. Did you notice how after he did the wheels and wells first ( I do them first as well) he used that same bucket and water to do the rest of the car? Big no no there. That water is now full of brake dust and other crap that should not be going anywhere near the paint. I have a dedicated bucket just for wheels and wells. Also IMO he does too big of an area before rinsing the mitt off and uses the same mitt for the whole car. Another thing is I would never rub the paint with an Absorber or synthetic chamois. I blot dry with a waffle weave but if I did rub it wouldn`t be with an Absorber thats for sure. He mentions numerous times about using the least invasive method to avoid installing swirls and I totally agree. I just don`t think he uses the least invasive method.

Post Thanks / Like

nope thats where your wrong, he had three buckets one she was showing how to do the single bucket wash and the other 2 were for the dual bucket wash.

The absorber is a great tool, i use it to dry my car all the time, but i always make sure that the paint is 100% clean before using one. but you are also right, he could have used 2 water magnets to dry the car but he decided to go for the absorber which has potental to scratch the paint if its not 100% clean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information