Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Graphene or ceramic ?

I was about to order some cquartz. Then this YouTuber comes out with a new video about Graphene and now I’m confused Graphene or ceramic ?

Thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Graphene or ceramic ?

Oh no

Post Thanks / Like

Graphene seems like a good product and have been some decent reviews. I’ve had Cquartz UK 3on my car for 1.5 years and give it rave reviews.

If you want something tried and true go with the CQUK3. Wont hear a bad thing about it.

If you want to take a chance and discover the next piece of detailing gold give graphene a try.

It will blow your mind.... (see what i did their? Zymol.... Atomic.... blow your mind...... Graphene or ceramic ?Graphene or ceramic ?)
    Likes The Guz, wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Let me guess you either watched Pan or Apex lol. Keep in mind that these youtubers are set up to gain views as their top priority. Some are often given products for free to push the sales of that product.

Graphene is the buzzword at the moment. These youtubers are hyping it up as the next best thing but it is so new. Budget and I have played around with a graphene coating and we both have similar results. These variations of ceramic coatings are in their infancy so there is no real data on how well they perform in the long term. So if you want to hop on the bandwagon and try something not proven then by all means give it a go. Be ready for the boom to come as manufacturers are cashing in on this new buzzword. They will flood the market soon. I expect come SEMA time we will see many products that are so called "graphene".

If you want to use something tried and true then Cquartz is a great option. It performs well. It is one of the coatings I recommend to folks looking to go the coating route. If it were me I would go this route based on my experience.

Also keep in mind the big three names (CarPro, GTechniq, Gyeon) are not even considering graphene at the moment if that makes you feel better.

Feel free to read through these two threads I created.

2020 Ceramic Coating 1 Year Test

Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, tom p., Striker liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Sema has been cancelled this year. That might be why the youtubers are promoting it. I tend to think some of this stuff is just an additive change and mass hype marketing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Sema has been cancelled this year. That might be why the youtubers are promoting it. I tend to think some of this stuff is just an additive change and mass hype marketing.
    Yes we know it has been. Won’t stop manufacturers from announcing products in social media. CarPro for example did not attend SEMA last year and did everything by social media.

Post Thanks / Like

Doing coatings for the last almost 10 years now, my advice is go with graphene. Art de shine or Migliore. Expensive but much easier to install and much better results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Let me guess you either watched Pan or Apex lol. Keep in mind that these youtubers are set up to gain views as their top priority. Some are often given products for free to push the sales of that product.

Graphene is the buzzword at the moment. These youtubers are hyping it up as the next best thing but it is so new. Budget and I have played around with a graphene coating and we both have similar results. These variations of ceramic coatings are in their infancy so there is no real data on how well they perform in the long term. So if you want to hop on the bandwagon and try something not proven then by all means give it a go. Be ready for the boom to come as manufacturers are cashing in on this new buzzword. They will flood the market soon. I expect come SEMA time we will see many products that are so called "graphene".

If you want to use something tried and true then Cquartz is a great option. It performs well. It is one of the coatings I recommend to folks looking to go the coating route. If it were me I would go this route based on my experience.

Also keep in mind the big three names (CarPro, GTechniq, Gyeon) are not even considering graphene at the moment if that makes you feel better.

Feel free to read through these two threads I created.

2020 Ceramic Coating 1 Year Test

Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?
    C quartz it is.

Do you recommend I add gliss ?

Also do I need to wash with reset in order to maintain it ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    C quartz it is.

Do you recommend I add gliss ?

Also do I need to wash with reset in order to maintain it ?

Which version of Cquartz are you getting?

Reset is a great wash to maintain any coating. But you can use any shampoo that you like. Best to use something without waxes or gloss enhancers

Post Thanks / Like

Which do you recommend ?

Ps- more and more videos are coming out on a regular about the graphene.

On a side note- this is a brand new car- I was thinking of a clay job- and then a light polish with Menz 3500 on a white pad.

Good enough before applying the coating ? It’s a brand new Golf R. These cars came wrapped during shipment so it may have had a couple washes at the dealership.

Post Thanks / Like

And expect to see more. I just updated my graphene thread with a good article from Feynlab discussing different varieties of coatings including graphene.

To get back to your question, I would recommend both but I would choose Cquartz UK 3.0 as its newer that than TiO2. UK will also give more hardness than TiO2, although don`t focus too much on hardness.

UK will feel a bit tacky as it cures. So Gliss will add a little more gloss but it will add slickness on top of some ant-water spotting attributes. TiO2 is slick on its own so doesn`t really need Gliss but it also has better stain resistance than UK. Prior to Gliss coming out, UK topped with TiO2 was the popular combo. One would get the hardness of UK and the stain resistance of TiO2. I am in the middle of doing this combo on my car.

Give Gliss a try as it is a better option than using Reload. All you would really need to maintain is something like CarPro Elixir.

As far as your paint correction that would be fine as long as you are happy with your test spot. The important thing is you do your panel wipe (ie Eraser, etc..) as Menzerna polishes are rather oily. I would actually use a panel wipe during your polishing step as you wipe off the polish residue and then another panel wipe after you finish the entire car. That will leave you with no polishing oils.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Striker, JustJesus liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the Fenylab comment someone posted, it seems like graphene is more hype than substance mostly being due to it`s color and how much can actually be added to a product, or at least that`s my takeaway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    And expect to see more. I just updated my graphene thread with a good article from Feynlab discussing different varieties of coatings including graphene.

To get back to your question, I would recommend both but I would choose Cquartz UK 3.0 as its newer that than TiO2. UK will also give more hardness than TiO2, although don`t focus too much on hardness.

UK will feel a bit tacky as it cures. So Gliss will add a little more gloss but it will add slickness on top of some ant-water spotting attributes. TiO2 is slick on its own so doesn`t really need Gliss but it also has better stain resistance than UK. Prior to Gliss coming out, UK topped with TiO2 was the popular combo. One would get the hardness of UK and the stain resistance of TiO2. I am in the middle of doing this combo on my car.

Give Gliss a try as it is a better option than using Reload. All you would really need to maintain is something like CarPro Elixir.

As far as your paint correction that would be fine as long as you are happy with your test spot. The important thing is you do your panel wipe (ie Eraser, etc..) as Menzerna polishes are rather oily. I would actually use a panel wipe during your polishing step as you wipe off the polish residue and then another panel wipe after you finish the entire car. That will leave you with no polishing oils.
    So if I do the gliss I can maintain with elixir and reset and that’s it? I’m also gonna opt for the wheel and trim coating. Dlux.

I usually do a an iso wipe down after a polish. 5:1 concentrate. Maybe this is too diluted in some cases

Post Thanks / Like

So if I do the gliss I can maintain with elixir and reset and that’s it? I’m also gonna opt for the wheel and trim coating. Dlux.
    That is correct. DLUX is a good option for trim and wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

For your wheels I`d save the money and just use any left over CQuartz on them too. It will work great.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information