Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garage Queens and ceramics

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Sevillian- Heh heh, you have me fantasizing over Cadillacs again Can you get R12 for the AC or did you have to switch to R134a (and if the latter, does it work OK? My conversions never did..)? Sorry to take this off-topic, but a fellow Autopian I`m friends with needs to get his Caddy`s AC fixed one of these days and it`s a R12 car.

i have seen R12 show up on some sales platforms. One not that long ago in-fact. Just keep a eye out .

edit: infact this one is $125. 7 cans 1 dye, 2 oil. Not but 30 minutes from me.A7725EBA-D6CE-4401-86DC-C52DAF81DCE2.jpeg

There`s actually a ton of it on fleebay.
    Making someone else happy, is one of the best feelings.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator- Sorry, but I can’t be much help on the a/c. The ‘60 has a/c and needed a new compressor a few years ago, at which time we switched it to R-134. It cools pretty well when it’s working, but I’ve had trouble keeping it working due to issues unrelated to the refrigerant, and frankly, here in the Bay Area, I don’t really need it much, although I’ve missed it this week with the heat and humidity we’ve had. But if I lived somewhere that was consistently hot and humid, I might feel differently about switching. It seems like many in the Cad crowd do prefer R12 as long as their system doesn’t have leaks and they can find shops willing to handle it. The ‘61, despite being a Fleetwood, is a relative stripper as Fleetwoods go; no a/c (but 8 power windows).

Post Thanks / Like

Coleroad- Yeah, that`s what my guys have done so far too, but it hasn`t always been available when I need it

Heh heh, maybe they (or I) just need to try harder SO many cars I like are R12....

Sevillian- Hey, never woulda thunk it about a Fleetwood without AC!

I`ve had some awfully pricey R134a conversions done, but *NONE* of them were even remotely close to the R12 setups. I guess I`m spoiled at this point, but I simply gotta have good climate control or I`ll drive something else.

Lucky you that it`s not a problem...being able to truly *enjoy* the vehicles does matter with these not-just-transportation ones! Heh heh, and to think I grew up without AC...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information