Post Thanks / Like

Recommend me a indoor car cover

Looking to hear from folks who cover their cars indoors. Quality is #1 for me, looking for these things in a cover---

Will NOT wear / scuff my paint- dont want any damage from abrasions - I am wanting a fairly loose fitting cover, no elastic around the bottom to close up around the bottom. This is going on a Ford, so like they say ,quality is job #1

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend me a indoor car cover

The only way i think a car cover is a good idea. Is if you know others aren`t going to be careful around it. Meaning rub their hands across the dusty paint. Sit a box on the car. Then maybe the marring of the cover going on and off. Would be less than what damages others may do to it. I went through this once in my life. I spent way to much on a really good cover. That after two seasons i could see the damage from it from six feet away. That`s my experience. The dust that settles on the car from storage pretty much rinses right off. Its not like mud, bugs , etc.

Post Thanks / Like

re-tired- I haven`t kept up with the latest in covers, but I`d go with an extremely high-quality (however you determine *that*! I really don`t know what to say..) synthetic one. I`d lean towards the synthetic as it`s really rare for any low-nap cotton to be soft enough to safely move across autopaint, and it *will* get moved at least a little bit just getting it on/off right. And I bet that "synthetic materials for car covers" have come a long way recently what with MF/etc. being so ubiquitous these days.

I wouldn`t worry about an elasticized hem as I never had any problems from it and IMO it`ll help keep the cover from billowing any and also keep dust from getting involved after all (which would sorta negate the whole idea if I`m reading your right).

Post Thanks / Like

Yes--- its all about keeping the dust off the car
    Thanks for the replies fellas

Post Thanks / Like

I use Cover King`s Indoor Satin Stretch on my Trans Am. They`re not cheap but if you want quality - you`d be hard pressed to find anything nicer. The inside of the cover is the softest fleece have ever seen and trust me - you`ll get zero dust on you vehicle when it`s covered.

They are custom designed for your vehicle and fit perfectly. It`s actually so nice - I`m temped to get a cover for my cover...
    Thanks re-tired thanked for this post

Thread Information