Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s Quik vs Ultimate vs McKee`s?

Hi guys,

Between Meguiar`s "Quik Interior Detailer" vs "Ultimate Interior Detailer (G16216), which one is better you think?
    Both are safe for LCD/navigation screens.

Also wondering, which of the two above is more similar to:
    McKee’s 37 FAST Interior Detailer
    (it has UV protection I believe)

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar`s Quik vs Ultimate vs McKee`s?

Megs Quik Interior Detailer (QID) is pretty popular around here (so is Fast Interior Detailer). They are direct rivals in my opinion. Megs QID bottle states it “Contains Sunblocking Agents” which I assume to be UV protection of some sort. I personally like Mckees FAST because it contains a bit of protection, but they’re both really good and do their jobs.

I’ve never used Ultimate and haven’t read much about it on the Autopia or AG forums.
    Likes getgoing liked this post
    Thanks getgoing thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate interior detailer leaves a glossier finish than quik quick interior detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Ultimate interior detailer leaves a glossier finish than quik quick interior detailer.
    Ah, that`s a great observation! At least for somebody like Yours Truly who doesn`t want much shine.

Between that and scent preferences I`d say that covers it...unless somebody is trying to really push the Cleaning angle and there`s some diff there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Megs Quik Interior Detailer (QID) is pretty popular around here (so is Fast Interior Detailer). They are direct rivals in my opinion. Megs QID bottle states it “Contains Sunblocking Agents” which I assume to be UV protection of some sort. I personally like Mckees FAST because it contains a bit of protection, but they’re both really good and do their jobs.

I’ve never used Ultimate and haven’t read much about it on the Autopia or AG forums.
    Sounds good ... I`ll skip Megs Ultimate Interior Detailer then, it`s twice the price of QID.

Post Thanks / Like

Been using Meguiars Ultimate Interior Detailer for years now. The results are just what I`m looking for and you can`t beat the price.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by getgoing View Post
    I`ll skip Megs Ultimate Interior Detailer then, it`s twice the price of QID.
    -AND/BUT-

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas1
    Been using Meguiars Ultimate Interior Detailer for years now... you can`t beat the price.
    I`m just wondering whether the prices change with locale or this is just a "different thresholds of significance" kind of thing...

I use the Meg`s UQD because I like the (quickly dissipating) scent in some cars better than the 1Z CP`s scent (and vice-versa in other cars)...the looks are the same to me and since a bottle of either lasts me many years I guess never really thought about the cost

Oh, this thread reminds me that I got a bottle of Griot`s IQD as a freebie a while back..wonder whether I`ll like that one..

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

Between Meguiar`s "Quik Interior Detailer" vs "Ultimate Interior Detailer (G16216), which one is better you think?
    Both are safe for LCD/navigation screens.

Also wondering, which of the two above is more similar to:
    McKee’s 37 FAST Interior Detailer
    (it has UV protection I believe)

Thanks!
    Better is relative. They do essentially the same thing. The difference is the sheen and not so much the gloss. I haven`t used ultimate in so long as I gave my bottle away but it leaves a satin sheen and a slight darkening effect. QID leaves not finish behind. The material it is used on looks untouched. Both leave a little UV. UQID smells better.

McKee`s FID would be the equivalent to Meguiar`s QID. The difference is McKee`s smells better.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes getgoing, Marine Clerk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    ...[Meg`s].. QID leaves not finish behind. The material it is used on looks untouched..
    Huh..I must need to look closer! The 1Z CP does a little of that (that fades with the scent) but I didn`t notice it being diff from the QID..I thought they both imparted a little bit but not much. Eh, guess that`s what I get for using them in different vehicles and then comparing my results

Post Thanks / Like

I know it wasn`t asked about, but Adam`s new interior detailer`s a good one to look at imho. It comes in 4 different scents, and has UV and antimicrobial stuff in it. I currently use Gtechniq I2 Tri-Clean and really like it, but it lacks UV properties and costs a damn lot.

Post Thanks / Like

quebert- Ah, glad you posted that (not that I use Adam`s stuff..)! When something (claims to...) protect against UV we oughta mention it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    quebert- Ah, glad you posted that (not that I use Adam`s stuff..)! When something (claims to...) protect against UV we oughta mention it.
    Yes, and I think the Antimicrobial`s a great addition too, it comes from a company called Microban. While I`ve never heard of them, I Googled and they appear to be a large player in that field. It made me think about all the bacteria that`s on the inside of my car, which is something detail wise I`ve never really put thought into.

Also like that it comes in 4 scents.

Post Thanks / Like

quebert- Yeah, Microban`s stuff seems to work really well. Or at least it has on the stuff I have that they made...things that always get a little funky (e.g., consumer-level extractors and their accessories) have *NOT* done that on the units touting the Microban treatment.

Looking over those four scents though, I don`t think I`m gonna overcome my general reluctance to try Adams stuff though

Post Thanks / Like

Quick follow up: Looks like Chemical Guys "Total Interior Cleaner" should be similar to Meg QID, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quick follow up: Looks like Chemical Guys "Total Interior Cleaner" should be similar to Meg QID, right?
    I would not assume that if only because they also sell a similarly named product that they specifically call an "Interior Quick Detailer".

I would *assume* that something sold as a "cleaner" would clean better than something sold as a "quick detailer", but anybody can call anything any name they want, so who knows? But I don`t use Interior QDs for any "real cleaning".
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information