Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodbye Tac System

Looks like Tac system has pulled out of the US Market again. No idea why it insists on coming in and pulling out of the US market, that will lose brand loyalty in the long run.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Goodbye Tac System

Quote Originally Posted by Detailrookie! View Post
    Looks like Tac system has pulled out of the US Market again. No idea why it insists on coming in and pulling out of the US market, that will lose brand loyalty in the long run.

Yeah sights been down for a few weeks. Was looking for one step master. How did you hear they shut down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I see

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

On their FB page, looks like they were renovating their shop in January. So hopefully just finishing off the website at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

I had placed an order back in late January, and on that order I had the paint cleanser lotion they sell. It was on backorder, but said could still be ordered. I also ordered a few other products and it probably went about a week / week 1/2 and my order just sat in processing. So I called and Mason told me he was about to reach out to me and ask what I wanted to do because it could be a month or so until he could ship the paint cleanser. He shipped me my other items and would ship the paint cleanser when it came in. Just yesterday, without any notice, I received a refund for the paint cleanser. That`s fine, but it is just an odd experience for me.

This thread answers my questions as to why, but it would have been nice to hear this from them

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I had placed an order back in late January, and on that order I had the paint cleanser lotion they sell. It was on backorder, but said could still be ordered. I also ordered a few other products and it probably went about a week / week 1/2 and my order just sat in processing. So I called and Mason told me he was about to reach out to me and ask what I wanted to do because it could be a month or so until he could ship the paint cleanser. He shipped me my other items and would ship the paint cleanser when it came in. Just yesterday, without any notice, I received a refund for the paint cleanser. That`s fine, but it is just an odd experience for me.

This thread answers my questions as to why, but it would have been nice to hear this from them

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Wow, that stinks... and if they really are done here, I agree that the lack of communication is disappointing. Hopefully not......

Post Thanks / Like

Where are their products manufactured in: USA or abroad? Are their products ONLY available from Tac Systems directly (IE; no re-sellers or dealers)?

I see snippets of information that some of you Autopians use their products, but no big consensus on a mass following or that their products are "the next best thing to sliced bread" for detailing. I am wondering because I cannot remember reading about specific products of theirs in this forum category of "Product Reviews". (Then again, you ARE old, Captain Obvious. You do not remember lot of things!)

Let`s put it this way: Would you be profoundly impacted in detailing IF you could no longer get Tac Systems products?

Who remembers WerkStat`s? Yes, they did have some loyal Autopians who used and loved their products when they were around.
    Werkstat Completely Gone?
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Yeah sights been down for a few weeks. Was looking for one step master. How did you hear they shut down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I spoke to Mason and he is no longer their manager. The website has been down since January and no information on when it may come back. If they decide to come back into the US market, it may be awhile.

Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Who remembers WerkStat`s? Yes, they did have some loyal Autopians who used and loved their products when they were around.
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/car-d...ight=werkstats
    I remember it well. Acrylic Jett, Carnuaba Jett, and Prime. There were developed and morphed from a following of Carlack....I just threw out a bunch of my Carnauba Jett because it was a pain to use compared to products today. They did have nice bottles though
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Where are their products manufactured in: USA or abroad? Are their products ONLY available from Tac Systems directly (IE; no re-sellers or dealers)?

I see snippets of information that some of you Autopians use their products, but no big consensus on a mass following or that their products are "the next best thing to sliced bread" for detailing. I am wondering because I cannot remember reading about specific products of theirs in this forum category of "Product Reviews". (Then again, you ARE old, Captain Obvious. You do not remember lot of things!)

Let`s put it this way: Would you be profoundly impacted in detailing IF you could no longer get Tac Systems products?
    Moonlight and Quartzmax are discussed quite a bit here. I won’t be devastated if I can’t get Tac anymore, but Moonlight is about the only direct competition to CanCoat which is a 6-12 month easy to apply coating light. I like that Quartzmax is a maintenance spray made for Moonlight. Surely there may be a few private retailers who are disappointed by this simple, durable LSP not bring available, but as a hobbyist, my own disappointment isn’t a big deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Moonlight and Quartzmax are discussed quite a bit here. I won’t be devastated if I can’t get Tac anymore, but Moonlight is about the only direct competition to CanCoat which is a 6-12 month easy to apply coating light. I like that Quartzmax is a maintenance spray made for Moonlight. Surely there may be a few private retailers who are disappointed by this simple, durable LSP not bring available, but as a hobbyist, my own disappointment isn’t a big deal.

TAC is good stuff so it is sad to see them pull out of a market. I love Moonlight but there are other coating lights that will fill the void.

Post Thanks / Like

I question whether or not what is currently going on in South Korea plays a role in what we are experiencing with TAC Systems?
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I question whether or not what is currently going on in South Korea plays a role in what we are experiencing with TAC Systems?
    An implication of the coronavirus and the domino effect??

Don`t laugh, the National Hockey League is preparing contingency plans to "ration" hi-performance carbon fiber hockey sticks that many of their players use because the production/manufacturing of them is done in two factories on China. Many of the players saw this coming and started "stocking up" (AKA hoarding) before it became a problem, but if the factory shut-downs and international trade stoppage situation gets worse, many players are dreading having to switch to use a North American manufacturer`s stick because it will affect their game (different "feel" of the sticks due to design and construction techniques that effect handling and shooting of the puck to the user. Kind of like a professional golfer not being able to play with his preferred make of clubs.) The "average" player goes though 4 -6 sticks a game, including pre-game practice and warm-ups. Guess they will not be breaking sticks in anger over missed goals or questionable/missed calls by refs!!!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I remember it well. Acrylic Jett, Carnuaba Jett, and Prime. There were developed and morphed from a following of Carlack....I just threw out a bunch of my Carnauba Jett because it was a pain to use compared to products today. They did have nice bottles though

I still have bottles of Prime Strong, Prime Carnauba, Acrylic Jett and Carnauba Jett and the acrylic detail spray. It did use Prime Strong and Acrylic Jett on a AIO pre-trade in detail back in Dec.
    Still looks great on silver paint.

I always looked at them like a advanced version of KAIO and KSG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    National Hockey League is preparing contingency plans to "ration" hi-performance carbon fiber hockey sticks... The "average" player goes though 4 -6 sticks a game, including pre-game practice and warm-ups. Guess they will not be breaking sticks in anger over missed goals or questionable/missed calls by refs!!!
    How do you break 4-6 "hi-performance carbon fiber" sticks?? Doesn`t sound too high performing to me.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information