Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Goodbye Tac System

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    An implication of the coronavirus and the domino effect??

Don`t laugh, the National Hockey League is preparing contingency plans to "ration" hi-performance carbon fiber hockey sticks that many of their players use because the production/manufacturing of them is done in two factories on China. Many of the players saw this coming and started "stocking up" (AKA hoarding) before it became a problem, but if the factory shut-downs and international trade stoppage situation gets worse, many players are dreading having to switch to use a North American manufacturer`s stick because it will affect their game (different "feel" of the sticks due to design and construction techniques that effect handling and shooting of the puck to the user. Kind of like a professional golfer not being able to play with his preferred make of clubs.) The "average" player goes though 4 -6 sticks a game, including pre-game practice and warm-ups. Guess they will not be breaking sticks in anger over missed goals or questionable/missed calls by refs!!!
    Yes, implication of COVID-19, whether I am right or not, who knows, we will see. South Korea has done a pretty good job of slowing down the spread of the virus, but it still is the current hot spot as far as reported numbers and active cases are concerned, many have been working from home for the last week, so there is a possibility that that could have an effect on TAC System`s involvement in the US. As well, SK has been limiting their number of exports and imports in an effort to regulate the spread of the virus. We will probably be seeing the side effects of halting exportation, in the detailing industry, in the for seeable future.

Post Thanks / Like

As if you ever needed proof that Apex Detail wasn`t a shill. He must have over a dozens of videos highlighting Tac Systems many of which are fairly recent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    As if you ever needed proof that Apex Detail wasn`t a shill. He must have over a dozens of videos highlighting Tac Systems many of which are fairly recent.
    You do realize that these people with large YouTube followings make money from that? He may not be biased (I don`t know, I only watch an occasional video that`s linked on here), but let`s not confuse any of these YouTuber`s as altruists, they are doing it to make money, whether it`s directly from YouTube, indirectly by driving more customers to their business, or by eventually starting their own line of products like that Scott guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You do realize that these people with large YouTube followings make money from that? He may not be biased (I don`t know, I only watch an occasional video that`s linked on here), but let`s not confuse any of these YouTuber`s as altruists, they are doing it to make money, whether it`s directly from YouTube, indirectly by driving more customers to their business, or by eventually starting their own line of products like that Scott guy.
    Scott`s Jack and Sucker towels are pretty nice, as well as Revive.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is Mason`s statement from the Tac facebook group that I found with a search. I kind of skimmed through the comments but a lot of folks are upset with this move. I only tried one tac product and I didn`t even care for it after long term use.

Good evening everyone. I would firstly like to say how much I appreciate everyone that I meet in the last 10 months. You guys and gals are awesome and have a true passion for taking care of your detailing needs. With that being said I am formally announcing that for personal reasons, I will no longer be the acting manager for the distributors of TacSystem products in the USA. I didn`t want you to hear it any other way but from me. As for the future of the name in the USA, I don`t have an answer and it is unfortunate.
    If you have any other questions please don`t hesitate to ask me. I`ll still help you anyway I can.

Much respect, Mason Barnett.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coleroad, dwaleke liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82, Loach thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will cherish my Moonlight and Quartzmax until the day they are used or crystallized.

I wish they at least had a liquidity buyout sale.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i really not happy i didnt get to try the one step master... been reading alot about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I understand that was making my comment in jest. Unless you`re doing conservative content than you`re getting demonetized from YT no matter how big the channel. I`ve just seen many people make the comment that pretty much all the YT detailers are paid product endorsements.

Post Thanks / Like

Corona Virus is now taking down detailing companies.

Post Thanks / Like

Apex is the only Youtube channel where I actually take notes... love that guy.
    Likes quebert, dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tac Systems site is back up
    Thanks acuRAS82, Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Brian`s a bit different, sure he`s making a few bucks off his videos. If you run a detailing business and send him a shirt he`ll wear it in a video and promote you for free. Most of his videos have 20k or less views, a lot have less than 10k. So the amount of $ he`s making probably isn`t even worth it considering all the time and effort he puts into making the videos. For someone on his level, 5k views would be around $20. His high viewed videos are 85k, that would be maybe $500. A lot of his videos probably take him 3-4 hours to shoot and edit and end up only getting 4-8k views. Yeah, he`s not doing it for the money.
    Likes FunctionalDoc, dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Brian`s a bit different, sure he`s making a few bucks off his videos. If you run a detailing business and send him a shirt he`ll wear it in a video and promote you for free. Most of his videos have 20k or less views, a lot have less than 10k. So the amount of $ he`s making probably isn`t even worth it considering all the time and effort he puts into making the videos. For someone on his level, 5k views would be around $20. His high viewed videos are 85k, that would be maybe $500. A lot of his videos probably take him 3-4 hours to shoot and edit and end up only getting 4-8k views. Yeah, he`s not doing it for the money.
    Seems like a properly good fella. Super knowledgeable and always been quick to reply to any message or question I`ve sent him.

Wish I was geographically nearby as I`d love to be able to throw some business his way.

Post Thanks / Like

In other news bought some TAC Systems 1 Step Master oops

Post Thanks / Like

TAC System posted yesterday on their Facebook page that US distribution is back and they`re offering 15% off with a coupon on the Facebook page through April 30th.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information