Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Decisions on sealant and topper

Looking for input/suggestions Car is 2006 300SRT color code PS2/bright silver metallic. I have chance to display car at indoor show. I`ve almost completed correction.

So now thinking about what to top it with. Carpro essence let it cure.
    Then top with 2 coats
    WGDPGS then pinnacle signature series II paste wax.
    2 BF sealant topped with pinnacle signature series II
    Or 2 coats PA Master sealant then PA rappidwaxx.

I thought about midnight sun on top of BF sealant on rest of car just know its geard more towards dark colored cars.

Hood and trunk spoiler is carbon fiber, essence, BF sealant, topped BF midnight sun.

I`m undecided on what combo for bright silver metallic. Open to suggestions as some probably have more experience with silver for a good show car look.

I used 2 coats of WGDPGS with pinnacle signature on billet metallic car and it looked good but car is darker.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Decisions on sealant and topper

HCF- Woo hoo, that car looks like all kinds of fun! That`ll be great, showing it off at an indoor show!

You won`t do this, but I can`t resist anyhow: I`d just use FK1000P on it. I honestly don`t think you could get it looking better *to my eyes* with anything else let alone by layering different things. I`ve never seen layering improve Silver/white/etc., hardly ever see it improve anything IRL and is more likely than not to diminish the wow-factor of really well-Detailed silver paint. I gather some people get what *they* want by doing that on certain paints though, and hey..as long as *you* like the result, that`s what counts.

I`d rather just LSP it a couple times/year and drive the wheels off it I`d rather put my time into keeping that engine compartment looking so nice!
    Likes HCF, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks HCF thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

HCF - congrats on a beautiful car !! Wow !!

It will always be difficult to know what to top a vehicle, but for shows, etc., you need to experiment a bit and see what product does NOT diminish the clarity and gloss of corrected and wiped down paintwork..
    In my experiences with all the "waxes" of decades past, almost all of them took a lot of gloss and clarity out of the paintwork immediately..

In my most very recent experience with a good wax product again, on a huge 2019 Bright White Chevrolet Tahoe, I have to agree with Accumulator above, that Finish Kare 1000P really works great, and made this huge white refrigerator blinding white in the sun.. And it appears to have longevity as well.. The Client takes it to a car wash, so it is getting blasted with stuff that requires a hazmat suit to load into the machines that spray it..

And it still shines and apparently beads water well, and he never has water spots, etc., left over from the car wash experience.. Here is the link - https://www.autopia-carcare.com/fini...l#.Xk2cGzKQH3g

So, I hope you find what you are looking for to top it, if it needs it..
    Good luck !
    Dan F
    Likes HCF liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    HCF- Woo hoo, that car looks like all kinds of fun! That`ll be great, showing it off at an indoor show!

You won`t do this, but I can`t resist anyhow: I`d just use FK1000P on it. I honestly don`t think you could get it looking better *to my eyes* with anything else let alone by layering different things. I`ve never seen layering improve Silver/white/etc., hardly ever see it improve anything IRL and is more likely than not to diminish the wow-factor of really well-Detailed silver paint. I gather some people get what *they* want by doing that on certain paints though, and hey..as long as *you* like the result, that`s what counts.

I`d rather just LSP it a couple times/year and drive the wheels off it I`d rather put my time into keeping that engine compartment looking so nice!
    I kinda had feeling you might mention FK1000p, you`re the reason I bought a can awhile ago and keep it around.
    Silver is one of those colors that just lacks almost no matter what, nothing like red,black,blues etc for eye stimulation.

Paint is definitely looking good and happy with results so far, was hoping take it one step further.

Might not be time to do it but I was thinking of trying different sealants on panels, majority of people might not even notice.

I enjoy heck out of car but being in Ohio it only sees 3/4 of the year, mixed in with others cars. I put on less then 5k a year on it.

Post Thanks / Like

To add some variation and sticking with your original thoughts, I believe WG DGPS + Pinnacle SSII would be as good as any sealant/wax combo on silver paint. I’ve never combined the two but they are both awesome separately on my silver TSX, and WG generally integrates well with fine wax toppers.

I also think the PA combo may provide a very special, unique look. Our forum pal Budget had a great experience with the combo on silver, and he’s seen some major gloss in his adventures I’m sure... so for him to like the look of these two so much is potentially saying a lot.

I’m in agreement that BF polymers aren’t the best for silver... but that’s just me.
    Likes Stokdgs, HCF liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m glad to see someone else using sealants and waxes. I cannot imagine a car looking much better than WGDGPS + a nice wax topper. But my advice is, just prior to "showing it off" indoors, top it with a good QD or spray wax. The Pinnacle spray wax is amazing. Or a good QD like Adams, PB QD+, or Griots BoS QD.

I`m not sure why it works, but it does, but some people will use cold (from the refrigerator) QD or plain distilled water a day after waxing. This seems to get rid of the "wax haze" that may detract from the looks of freshly corrected paint.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I know nothing about products mentioned as all my LSP’s ceramic based but beatiful car. A friend of mine has a 2016 white srt 8. Gonna show him your set up.

Interested in specs? QM time?

Also to add some gloss to it for a day or two look at WOWO Showstopper glosses it up for a day or two and have read good things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I know nothing about products mentioned as all my LSP’s ceramic based but beatiful car. A friend of mine has a 2016 white srt 8. Gonna show him your set up.

Interested in specs? QM time?

Also to add some gloss to it for a day or two look at WOWO Showstopper glosses it up for a day or two and have read good things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have plenty of details on my build from suspension to motor, drivetrain. Have couple articles on lx forums. Also have 2015 Scat Pack Challenger, now warranty is over I`ll probably mod a little think I`m going NA on this build though.

Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I really dug the PA Master Sealant + Rapidwaxx on a dull, boring, silver Mazda. Was sumptuous, for the short time i was around the car (1 month) every time I saw the car i had to touch it...it just kinda drew ya in. Kinda weird, but it is what it is Decisions on sealant and topper
    Likes HCF, acuRAS82, The Guz, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

HCF- Since I`ve already helped convince you to get the FK I guess I`ve contributed my 2¢ and oughta just shut up..but I`m always surprised when somebody doesn`t think it`s utterly *stunning* on colors like silver. I simply can`t get such an impressive look with anything else I`ve tried, and it`s the one LSP in my *life* (gee, that`s a long time now!) that`s gotten regular compliments from complete strangers...NOTHING else has ever prompted folks to dash across parking lots to say how great my cars look...nothing. Even the old (pewter/silverish) Tahoe..I`ve never experienced anything like it and it can actually be a bother!

My general view is that the more stuff you put between silver/etc. paint and the viewer`s eye the less impressive it looks.

Oh, and the only BF LSP I`ve used is their All Finish Paint Protection. It darkened (Audi) silver so much that I stripped it off and applied something else. Made it look like a completely different paint code when parked next to an identical one (A8 vs. S8...incredible diff in looks). Turned a perfectly polished vehicle "Blah" like magic..black magic. Even worse than using something like M26 or Collinite 476S...just wrong for silver IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

How about Jescar Sealant topped with Collinite 845, that has always worked well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    HCF- Since I`ve already helped convince you to get the FK I guess I`ve contributed my 2¢ and oughta just shut up..but I`m always surprised when somebody doesn`t think it`s utterly *stunning* on colors like silver. I simply can`t get such an impressive look with anything else I`ve tried, and it`s the one LSP in my *life* (gee, that`s a long time now!) that`s gotten regular compliments from complete strangers...NOTHING else has ever prompted folks to dash across parking lots to say how great my cars look...nothing. Even the old (pewter/silverish) Tahoe..I`ve never experienced anything like it and it can actually be a bother!

My general view is that the more stuff you put between silver/etc. paint and the viewer`s eye the less impressive it looks.

Oh, and the only BF LSP I`ve used is their All Finish Paint Protection. It darkened (Audi) silver so much that I stripped it off and applied something else. Made it look like a completely different paint code when parked next to an identical one (A8 vs. S8...incredible diff in looks). Turned a perfectly polished vehicle "Blah" like magic..black magic. Even worse than using something like M26 or Collinite 476S...just wrong for silver IMO.
    I used fk1000p on my white Dodge Ram and it looked great and held up great, late last year I switched it up with 845. Why because this can be a sickness and I like to try different things and I`ll probably go back to fk1000p after winter. Little goes long way, easy maintain, easy to add another coat.

I`ve been ignoring the voices in my head to just ceramic coat it with one of choices from Kamikaze, Esoteric is in my backyard.

Challenger is due for new ceramic coating once I get it back out come spring, it`s more of a daily spring-fall, enjoy ease of cleaning a coated car, rinse, foam, rinse, blow dry.

The sickness of all of this is if I get bored or don`t like it, I`ll end up redoing the 300. But least the correction is done. I really want to put a sealant on it and not coat it just yet.

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just FWIW, and it`s sure eye-of-beholder-subjective, Fk1000P simply kills 845 looks-wise on light colors. Not hating on 845 at all, but it doesn`t give me that "literally blinding" look. For that reason it could even be my LSP of choice on, say...a lightish medium blue where the FK would be too reflective. I`d put M16 in-between those two.

While I`m usually all about protection/durability, in this case I was really thinking that the FK would be more impressive looking on that car under those conditions. (The functional attributes would just be icing on the cake.)

..[I change LSPs just].. because this can be a sickness and I like to try different things..The sickness of all of this is if I get bored or don`t like it, I`ll end up redoing..

Heh heh, you crazy Autopian you
    Likes HCF liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I really like WGs sealant and I`ve had great success topping it with DoDo supernatural, or P21S 100% `nuba the one w/the silver cap.
    Both were similar the only dif. I noticed was DoDo popped almost now, and P21S was overnight, but then gave DoDo a run for the money.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve decided on PA master sealant and rappidwaxx. I`ve used it on other cars in different colors and was happy. It`ll get 2 coats of master sealant, 1st coat is done. It was hard to decide what to use out of products I have, I fought myself a little not to ceramic coat it at the moment. It`s getting down to crunch time. I need to polish stuff in engine bay, change out few hoses and add some billet pieces. It`ll be loaded into enclosed trailer for transportation, no telling what mother nature has in store for us in Ohio.

Likes acuRAS82, Mary B, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information