Thread: Kisho 901

Post Thanks / Like

Kisho 901

Guys just want to share my good experience....probably around 3 years ago I found a coating company from Japan called kisho order there sample pack for $35 dollars it contain 3 ceramic coatings 701 801 901 plus wheel coating and windshield and there topper top24.

I have shared the info with other forum user and I’m sure some of you have tried it. In this video 901 is going for 2 years in Scott’s test. I usually put down base of coat of 701 then top with 901 that’s what kisho recommends. The video is straight 901.

I regularly purchase this product it costs $12 per 30ml or even cheaper if you buy larger quantity. 901 has Flourine in. 901 even self heals not to fenylab extent but youtube search it and watch videos. 901 is extremely difficult to apply because it require extra H2O more than a normal coating. Normal coating draw it from water vapor. So when applying this...this is what works form me every 4-5 drops of coating onto applicator I add 1-2 drops of water. The coating cures quickly and rock solid and this is not like cquartz or csl you have to be prepared to apply because your car will be covered in high spots if you don’t go into it prepared with smaller work area or even a helper. I’m a CQUk guy on my own ride but I apply this coating to clients cars with over head of about 5 dollars per car and it lasts just as long as UK probably even longer. It has slightly lower water behavior but still excellent. It also makes paint darker than anything else I’ve coated with. It also has great shelf life. (Rumor) SB3 coatings are just rebottled kisho (so I don’t get sued)

wheel coating is also great around 5 dollars it is very thick and don’t cross hatch just let down in one direction and it self levels.

Their topper Top24 is 16$ for 16 Oz and a great beader.

it is the most challenging coating to apply I have been using since late 2017 here is a video of it keeping up with Kenzo and beating ceramic pro https://youtu.be/9HW59mbY09A

Wax mode should test if you want to pm me I’ll send you some.

Part of the enjoyment for detailing is finding new companies I came across this one by a website that sells large quantities of chemicals and kisho was a highly reviewed and recommended company that’s sole focus was on ceramics that was established for quite awhile. If anyone is interested I will be ordering in spring with other local detailors we order liter or two then purchase 30ml bottles and convert. Or they have available 30mls all the way up to 20 liter containers. Shipping from Japan is expensive but arrives quickly 4 days
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kisho 901

Kisho has been around a long time, no? Thought I read on their site somewhere they`ve been involved with coatings for a decade or 2...maybe longer?

Had the sample set sent over back when all ya had to do was pay $24 or so for shipping but never got around to using it; sent it to a member here but never heard how it went.

Application vids I found showed it being removed/leveled with a damp towel followed by dry. Sounds like pretty impressive stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s a challenge hard to explain. If this is the first time a person applied a coating one would not want to start here.

Very good company to chat with they also tweak the formula every so often which is good sign. maybe thats what people mean when they say pro coating how hard is it to apply. this would qualify then as a pro. If I am apply this to a persons car and I know them or have a good relationship with I have them help me I apply and they are wiping immediately after I apply. People have actually enjoyed it being involved and they tend to speak to there friends and family about the ceramics. Because average Joe has ingrained in his mind that we are apply a simple butter like wax that’s it. Trying to explain the benefits to average joe is a skill all in its self. When they see this going on and how you have to add a drop or 2 of water and it starts bonding immediately people know its durable they relate what they see and how precise you have to be at getting it off. From getting customers to help me and leading to additional coating job from there friends was one thing that surprised me. But it was still hard to apply with a second person.

You either end up with a CQUK like coating for $12 and half bottle left or a record setting car with Guinness for most high spot after ceramic application

I do start out by using the small coating block the little 2 by 1 inch with foam inside applicators. I have not applied additional coat I use 701 as a base coat that one is normal difficult and cost $7 for 30mls
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The self heal claims I have not tested myself

Post Thanks / Like

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=-apple-system][FONT=Meiryo]30 ml Si-701 is JPY757.

30 ml Si-811 is JPY1,027.

30 ml Si-901 is JPY1,156.

20 ml Si-02 is JPY661.

20 ml G-01 is JPY495.

50 ml Top-24 is JPY344.

Applicator sponge is JPY75

Post Thanks / Like

I have looked at this coating in the past. If I could buy it from a legitimate supplier or even the manufacturer easily I would have tried it. I don`t like the whole buy it from Alibaba and not know if you are really getting what you ordered.

I wouldn`t mind getting the full kit at that price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I have looked at this coating in the past. If I could buy it from a legitimate supplier or even the manufacturer easily I would have tried it. I don`t like the whole buy it from Alibaba and not know if you are really getting what you ordered.

I wouldn`t mind getting the full kit at that price.
    I bought the kit direct from manufacturer...that Alibaba stuff frightens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I bought the kit direct from manufacturer...that Alibaba stuff frightens me.
    I`m a sucker for bargains but McKee`s is hard to stray away from. Its price per oz is as low or lower than most of the cheaper coatings and it i works really well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I`m a sucker for bargains but McKee`s is hard to stray away from. Its price per oz is as low or lower than most of the cheaper coatings and it i works really well.
    Gotta use what works for ya!

I actually liked McKees V1 better than V2, seem to recall it being a bit more user-friendly. Don`t like working in the smaller sections, I like coatings I can quickly apply to at *least* an entire panel before removing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I contact them directly point of contact is [COLOR=#000000][FONT=-apple-system]Masashi Kurosawa.
    google search to get to there website
    Secret password is: “free Willy”
    Also some Japanese websites end in .xyz not .com
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Thread Information