Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 Saturn - which polish?

Too many factors need to be taken into account for durability regardless of the protection. Not too mention that these are not full fledged coatings yet they perform as one. I would gladly take either one over a polymer sealant.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

The Guz- Ah, OK..see how little I know about these?!?

Are they as foolproof as the conventional approaches (which IMO are basically impossible to really botch up, very different from the OptiCoat I`ve used)? What makes they preferable to you over a good sealant? (Not arguing by any means, just curious what could possibly be better as I could barely discern any benefits from the OptiCoat other than not having to redo every year or so; the whole OptiCoat experience made me wonder why I bothered with it.)

Post Thanks / Like

Days ago, I requested online (from both their sales people and customer service) at Turtle Wax asking which product they recommended for the particulars of my car. I have been unable to get anyone at TW to respond with information.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like TW’s CS can’t hold a candle to Autopia’s. 2008 Saturn - which polish?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwr64 View Post
    Days ago, I requested online (from both their sales people and customer service) at Turtle Wax asking which product they recommended for the particulars of my car. I have been unable to get anyone at TW to respond with information.
    We did the homework for you. These are new to the market.

https://www.autogeek.net/hybrid-solu...h-and-wax.html

https://www.autogeek.net/hybrid-solu...ing-53409.html

Plenty of videos on them already. Check out Apex Detailing as he has already covered the polish and the spray coating.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

The TW spray coating is very forgiving. There are plenty of warnings about high spots on the bottle but I did not find any problems with removing high spots that had cured for over 24 hours. Same with the TW polish. Don`t over apply and its easy to remove. Spots that were missed the previous night removed easily the next morning.

The polish has some decent cut to it for removing water spots and light marring.
    The shine is very nice and the combo has a very slick feel to it. The paint also has some nice optical depth to it. The paint color looks good, maybe slightly muted. Not as vivid as when I use PA products on my car.

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered "TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered "TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax"
    Great! I hope you get a chance to post back about how it works for you (and that it`s all positive).

Remember that most people, most of the time, use way too much product And, IMO, usually work too-large areas at a time under the wrong lighting.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 2008 Black Saturn Sky and the paint was finicky. It polished out nice but left micro swirls. I used M205 finished with Menzerna PO85 if I remember correctly and topped with Autoglym EGP and it came out near flawless and I do like the protection the EGP does provide.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

Street5927- Ah, that really got my attenion! Especially as I`m consistently *DISsatisfied* with how M205 finishes out (even on hard clear)...so I guess it`s no huge surprise that the Po85 left it really nice.

To be clear, the TW left it micromarred in a way that (even) the M205 fixed, right?

Oh, and it`s nice to see Autoglym being appreciated even if it`s not one of their products that i use (I like their Super Resin Polish topped with my usual FK1000P).

Post Thanks / Like

I will post back when I try the "TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax" later this week.
    Supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow (Wednesday). But late in the day, with marginal weather and Thanksgiving day soon to follow.
    I didn`t buy the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating yet. Will buy only if the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax works out well.

Post Thanks / Like

So are you going to apply that by machine? Or are you using one of your existing polishes first with the machine before using the TW?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Street5927- Ah, that really got my attenion! Especially as I`m consistently *DISsatisfied* with how M205 finishes out (even on hard clear)...so I guess it`s no huge surprise that the Po85 left it really nice.

To be clear, the TW left it micromarred in a way that (even) the M205 fixed, right?

Oh, and it`s nice to see Autoglym being appreciated even if it`s not one of their products that i use (I like their Super Resin Polish topped with my usual FK1000P).
    Accum, yes, the 205 did a great job even on the harder clear and the PO85rd finished it well. I do like to play with the Autoglym Products and have always had good results with them. I too like the SRP. I actually have some FK2180 in my arsenal which I have not used in a very long time. It`s somewhere in the back of my cabinet and has probably separated from not being used. I`ve never had a problem with it and liked the anti-static/anti-dusting properties to it when I would leave my vehicle in garage for a while and not drive it; but it`s just not something I think about going to....and I don`t know why...
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

Street5927- My little sample bottle of the FK2180 didn`t impress me much so I`ve never done anything significant with that one.

You and I might be the only people here who like the SRP...dusty as [Heck], stains trim, but I still like it anyhow

I`m always surprised when people like how the M205 finishes out (at least after the TSO are dissipated/stripped), but adding the the PO85rd oughta fix that just fine.

Autoglym`s Bumper Care is the only "exterior trim slime" product I use. It`s the only thing that makes the Tahoe`s runningboards look decent (for a little while, gotta redo them at every wash).

Post Thanks / Like

I will post back when I try the "TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax" later this week..
    Repeating my usual "small areas at at time, proper inspection lighting" lecture

I`m not sure I`d base my decision about the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray entirely on your experiences with the Polish & Wax...the latter will be a bit paint-dependent since it`s an abrasive (possibility of different results with different hardnesses of paint).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information