Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LSP’ing wheels and tires

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I ended up buying some McKee`s wheel coating....but I`m wondering if I should pick up the Adam`s wheel coating and then top it with the McKee`s?
    I think that would be overkill. I`d go with one or the other.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I ended up buying some McKee`s wheel coating....but I`m wondering if I should pick up the Adam`s wheel coating and then top it with the McKee`s?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    No need to. One or the other.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

If you already have Mckees, I may recommend getting some HydroBlue down the road. I put my wheel coatings (PBL) on in the fall, then in the summertime I will use HydroBlue every wash or two since it’s so easy. This will refresh the shine and protection, and then when fall hits I do a full cleaning and recoat.

Your seasonal timing may not be the same but HydroBlue is the second easiest wheel protection to apply (I’ll give Sonax the trophy), so it’s a no-brainer to extend the coating life after some performance has degraded.

A 16oz bottle will easily last you a full warm season doing a couple sets of wheels every wash. Two sprays per wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been testing Hydro Blue on bare Wheels vs Polish Angel Supersport. Both wheels accumulate a-lot of grime but after 3 weeks the supersport wheels don’t look cleaner but were easier to clean and beaded alot better.

All in all i like hydro blue for looks and beading but seams to be a 2-4 week product on bare paint and wheels.... east enoigb to re apply though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    If you already have Mckees, I may recommend getting some HydroBlue down the road. I put my wheel coatings (PBL) on in the fall, then in the summertime I will use HydroBlue every wash or two since it’s so easy. This will refresh the shine and protection, and then when fall hits I do a full cleaning and recoat.

Your seasonal timing may not be the same but HydroBlue is the second easiest wheel protection to apply (I’ll give Sonax the trophy), so it’s a no-brainer to extend the coating life after some performance has degraded.

A 16oz bottle will easily last you a full warm season doing a couple sets of wheels every wash. Two sprays per wheel.
    What about just using Gyeon Wet Coat to refresh? I have 2 bottles of that I bought during the holiday sales

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So today`s Coatings *need* something to refresh/etc.? And..just doing a conventional LSPing with a few coats, and then using a SprayWax or even a QD after washing, doesn`t work for you guys?

I`m scratching my head about all this work people seem to be doing. My OptiCoated wheels never needed anything except washing, my FK1000P`ed wheels seldom need any major refreshing in-between the Big Annual Seasonal Changes, and some of mine are supposedly notorious for the "German brake dust".

And I still don`t get the Hydro Blue..after *every* wash I have to drive the vehicle to knock the surface rust off the rotors. Every time. That then requires some kind of "touching" (front/back/barrels/etc.) to remove said rust (which gets on the wheels when it comes off the rotors) and whatever I use for that works fine as a "topper".

Or don`t others *get* the surface rust on the rotors? Even if I just spray them off with Distilled Water, I always get it to some extent. Leaving it go once resulted in rusting so serious that I had to *replace the [freakin`] rotors*, which was a very surprising, and really expensive, lesson.

EDIT: Hope the above doesn`t sound like some kind of argument/etc. I`m just curious why different people do things so differently from me.

Post Thanks / Like

My decision for my wheels was the gloss shop ceramic coating. In fact it just shipped today. Ive had a few months to mull it over. Budjetplan seemed to get good results and longevity out of it. I found it easy to use and gave good results on the paint. Self cleaning, bug removal have been good. Better self cleaning than any sealant I`ve tried.

that said if i were doing this on a old set of wheels. My decision would probably be different. The extra prep I don`t think I would feel was worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information