Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax event in Phoenix!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Here is another video.

For those interested in the cordless flex check out 4:29.

Watching the video the wash & wax didn’t look that impressive.

The spray coating doesn’t look game changing. Looks like any another SiO2 spray sealant.

The ceramic polis & wax looks like it could have some potential.

The detailer and wet wax again don’t look game changing.

Kudos to TW for marketing this line right. They will generate sales.

https://youtu.be/o0W8SU5GzDk
    The line will probably be pretty cheap, definitely a lot less than the Gyeon & PA I`m use to buying. And I`ll be able to go to Walmart, or a dozen other stores and physically buy it. When I got into detailing big time, maybe 7 years ago. If I went to Target or Walmart, I could get Meg`s Ultimate Paste Wax and maybe 2 other things that were anything more than just okay. The industries moving forward real fast now.

I was super bummed when I saw Brian from Apex making a sealant challenge video and a $8 bottle of Turtle Wax was pretty much as good as the stuff I paid $40 for lol. And it smoked stuff I`ve bought before that was in the $30-40`ish range. I don`t think anything they`re putting out will be that big of a wow`er to me. But it`s always good when B&M stores get more detailing products that don`t suck. It`s ceramics, SIO2 and all that jazz is so 2018, as you mentioned Graphene will be the new new. Which means I`ll have 1/3rd of a cabinet of ceramic products I need to give away on here so I can have the new best Graphene stuff. Even though I have zero clue what is actually is. I saw a few people besides you mention it and I know it`s better, or something...
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed that the wash and wax didn`t look impresive from the videos I have seen so far.

The game changer I see from the videos would be that it`s kind of sun friendly. To be a game changer in other parts it will be something extreme from some products. The HS Ceramic Spray Coating if it`s chemical resistance testing in the short term testing and in the longrun will beat their own Seal N Shine sealant. That would be a game changer in what the price for it is.

Then if it`s only the performance from the LSP you are after in the longevity and chemical resistance. Then something like the TW ICE Seal N Shine is a very good product. But still to get the extreme performance from it you need to be applying it on a very great preped paint to get that. I can honestly say that the SNS has not gotten me so impressed with it in the real world use of it. It`s finicky to use in less weather conditions and gets a reduced performance from it when doing so. The extreme behavior from it wears down quite fast for me. And a product like Gyeon Wet Coat is performing much better beside the SNS in my testing so far. It`s on par with the HCW but not near Wet Coat. So when these kind of products mostly is for the average Joe and Jane user. I think that they would work on very clean paint at least and don`t have that amount of degrading vs clayed and polished paint.

When it comes to the boutique brands at least when it comes to the Polish Angel. I think that you need to be looking at what it gives you in the looks from it. If you don`t see that your own paint get that slightly difference in the looks from the different LSPs you use. Then the PA products and other like those brands are not for you. But if you notice these slight differences in the looks from them and you like it more than other products. Then for the enthusiast it can be worth it. And usually they are more concentrated than a OTC product which makes it to get more out of the same amount of product. But sure they are still more expensive. For the proffessional detailers use of the boutique brands they have to have the customers that are ready to pay for them too. The average consumer often don`t see that slightly difference simply as they don`t use them they self on their vehicals. So it`s more of the kind of business you are haveing and which customers you are focusing on. To which kind of products that you use in your detailing business. To point out an extreme if you have mostly customers with vehicals that are DD and neglected and you know that you will see that vehical again in the next 6 or 12 months. And it`s been still neglected the vehical. That don`t make sense to use products like from Polish Angel on these kind vehicals for that kind of customer. Then you want to have products that is easy to work with and produce great results in a short time and still has a low price when you buying it in bulk. If you are applying ceramic coatings it can be of value to use a product line like Carpro or Gyeon or Gtechnic or the like. Then it`s so much about the main customers you have when it comes down to the maintance of the coating you have applyied. Maybe you have customers that you don`t see until 2 years afterwards. And you can have some customers for coating maintance every 6 months. So much more of the kind of customers you have and where you can use boutique brands for them.

What I have not heard so far asking the TW about the Hybrid Solution line of products is if they are going to be offering it in bulk options for the proffessional detailers. Or if they only offering them in the sizes they showcased. As I think that for the proffessional detailers it`s a must to have it in bulk size options. To make it even more of a value for them to use in their business. I see some of the TW products in the EU is offered in the 5L jugs. If not bulk size options it`s much more for the consumer than the proffessional detailers businesses.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as using boutique vs OTC products, it depends on priorities. When I started me my detailing craze and I realized I could get Megs M21 64oz bottle for $31, I figured I had this detailing thing figured out. Buy the most decently rated product in bulk and you’ll be set for years.

problem is that I then started trying a few other things and realized these look better, bead better, last longer... or some might even just look different and therefore something to change up at different points during the year based on the environment.

I’m typically not disappointed when I buy boutique products after researching very good reviews and feedback from forum members. The way I see it is I have a $10k, 20, 30, $40k vehicle and I want it to look it’s best. Is a $140 bottle that I can apply 20 times worth it? For me it is, and in the scheme of things it’s not breaking my bank compared to spending an extra $2000 for the lane assist feature I don’t want.

And I’m well aware some people will shake their head as they read this, and I can guess who some of those are... but it’s OK and I don’t ask what they spend their “play” money on or how they prioritize their pay checks. I just know that for me, I live when my car looks really nice, so spending money on detailing supplies and the enjoyment I get from trying and comparing different things satisfies my OCD which works for me.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    ...and in the scheme of things it’s not breaking my bank compared to spending an extra $2000 for the lane assist feature I don’t want.
    I need my lane assist for when I`m staring at the Merlins from my fancy boutique products gleaming off my hood and the road bends. Turtle Wax event in Phoenix!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I need my lane assist for when I`m staring at the Merlins from my fancy boutique products gleaming off my hood and the road bends. Turtle Wax event in Phoenix!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    You got me there, well put!

Nice seeing you here, 512.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone trying these products? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Is anyone trying these products? Any thoughts? Thanks.
    I will definitely be trying and most likely using the Ceramic Polish and Wax, the Ceramic Spray Coating and the 3 in 1 Detailer after having seen the You Tube videos on these products.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I was thinking about picking up the "Ceramic Spray Coating". I`ve already got the ICE Seal `n` Shine. I REALLY need to deal with the wife`s ride - - sorely in need of some TLC in the immediate future and the weather is turning.

Maybe I`ll do one product on the left and the other product on the right side. Definitely running out of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I was thinking about picking up the "Ceramic Spray Coating". I`ve already got the ICE Seal `n` Shine. I REALLY need to deal with the wife`s ride - - sorely in need of some TLC in the immediate future and the weather is turning.

Maybe I`ll do one product on the left and the other product on the right side. Definitely running out of time.
    I plan on using the Polish & Wax as both a one-step and as a base/prep for the Ceramic Spray Coating.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about using Essence for my prep stage to see how that works. I don`t know if that`s going to yield the amount of correction needed.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about using Essence for my prep stage to see how that works. I don`t know if that`s going to yield the amount of correction needed.
    After reading on the forum tried Essence with a B&S polishing MF pad did some decent cutting. Was pleasantly surprised.

Didn’t try it with a cutting pad though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    After reading on the forum tried Essence with a B&S polishing MF pad did some decent cutting. Was pleasantly surprised.

Didn’t try it with a cutting pad though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try Essence with a microfiber cutting pad for maximum defect removal.

Post Thanks / Like

There’s another element of magic regarding Essence and its *defect* removal.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information