Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax event in Phoenix!

These will be the next flavor of the month. First beadmaker, then seal and shine and soon these.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m waiting for whatever is after ceramics! LOL!
    Likes mumps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I’m waiting for whatever is after ceramics! LOL!
    Graphene is the next buzz word.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The whole thing has become way to involved, complicated and misleading! LOL!
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So. Here is what is irritating to me, as someone who is going full time professional next spring. The word "ceramic" is applied to all sorts of detailing products these days, just like everything was "TEFLON" infused back in the 90s. It really diminishes the term ceramic coating, when trying to explain/sell to a customer. That irks me. On the other hand, they have stepped up their consumer game a lot lately. For years, their line was stagnant. Now they own The Wax shop product line up. Funny they don`t want the name Turtle wax associated with their"professional line". I mean, having other professional detailers to compete with is one thing. Now trying to upsell 60 year old Corvette owners that have no clue how to,1. actually drive their car, like actually pull it out of the garage and 2. Clean it properly, became a little harder, because they can get that "Ceramic stuff" at Walmart. Just my rant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    So. Here is what is irritating to me, as someone who is going full time professional next spring. The word "ceramic" is applied to all sorts of detailing products these days, just like everything was "TEFLON" infused back in the 90s. It really diminishes the term ceramic coating, when trying to explain/sell to a customer. That irks me. On the other hand, they have stepped up their consumer game a lot lately. For years, their line was stagnant. Now they own The Wax shop product line up. Funny they don`t want the name Turtle wax associated with their"professional line". I mean, having other professional detailers to compete with is one thing. Now trying to upsell 60 year old Corvette owners that have no clue how to,1. actually drive their car, like actually pull it out of the garage and 2. Clean it properly, became a little harder, because they can get that "Ceramic stuff" at Walmart. Just my rant.
    Don’t even try to explain to a customer the technology behind a product unless they ask you about it, you can’t win. Under promise and over deliver. The customer expects you to be the expert and use the best product for their vehicle. The polishing stage is the most critical anyways. After a good correction almost any LSP will look fantastic. Use the test spot method to show the customer how much better you can make their vehicle look. The LSP is just the icing on the cake. Upsell on interior protection packages, trim protection, engine cleaning, etc. Trying to upsell a coating when the vehicle is garaged and driven only on sunny days is not the best use of your skills.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using The Wax Shop Products which is a division of Turtle Wax, I believe. I`m very impressed with the product line.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

I had an absolute blast at the event, it was super cool to meet a lot of the other detailers and reviewers from YouTube for the first time, as well as the Turtle Wax team in person. After talking with them over the 2-day event, they definitely have a lot of passion for their products and I`m looking forward to running the new lineup through my style of testing.

When coatings first entered the market they changed the game, the difficulty for the consumer market is trying to take some of that ceramic tech and package it to the regular consumer in an easy to use formula that will improve upon the performance of the standard polymer based protection. A lot of their focus for this line in particular was maintaining ease of use with full sun-friendly formulas. I didn`t see any blotchy color streaking (think Reload) with any of the products during the demos and it was sunny and 90°F temps in Arizona. Even the Ceramic Polish and Wax was working well with the Flex polisher and the surface temp on the paint had to have been at least 150°F. That particular one I`m really looking into testing next to HD Speed as a one step for cutting potential and durability.

If I can remember, pricing is going to be under $16 for the Hybrid Solutions line when they hit the market, and they should be released around SEMA. I wish I grabbed more pictures of the event, they had some awesome cars at the OTTO Car Club and for some reason my head went into Porsche mode and those are some of the only ones I grabbed shots of. Turtle Wax hosted a fantastic event, I was thrilled when they reached out to me and invited me out of the blue, and was more thrilled to meet many of the guys whose channels I`ve watched over the years.

WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes The Guz, SWETM, Don, Oneheadlite, tyusaf and 3 others liked this post
    Thanks SWETM, Oneheadlite, tyusaf, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Loach/WaxMode! Thanks for shareing your experience there. Well deserved where you to be invited to the event! You do awesome videos and thoroughly testing and reviews. Like that you go in depth about the methods and explain in an easy way what you are doing and why. You get a lot of usefull and interesting information out from your videos.

Yeah I`m a WaxMode fanboy LOL

I think that Turtle Wax did a very bold move with inviting pretty much every detailing Youtube channels (at least those that counts LOL). Some already getting negative and throw out that you guys and gals are sellouts. But with so many critical eyes on Turtle Wax products in the same place I would say it`s impossible to buy you guys and gals so you only do rave reviews of their products. It`s more of a very big risk if the ceramic line up would be less good than the ICE line up. Then they will be getting to know it for sure if the quality and performance is not there. So they must have a big confidence in this Ceramic line up. As they pretty much invited all of detailing youtubers that will put the line down if it`s not great results from it.

Looking forward to see the future video from you Loach!

/ Tony
    Likes Loach, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks Loach thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Fancy packaging will look good on pep boys shelf there must be a lot of gold in them hills have we tapped the over saturation mark yet. I know this line is a auto parts/Walmart thing it will be interesting to see if it’s ground breaking or just more marking hype.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone mentioned that there where Autogeek reps and another company could it be Advanced Autopart Store. So maybe it`s going to be offered on AGO and Autopia soon! Many of the domestic detailing webshops here in Sweden has Turtle Wax in their offerings.

The game changer if this Turtle Wax Hybrid Solution line of products is just even good. Is that it`s sun friendly. That`s a huge downside with SiO2 based or infused products. Carpro EcH2O claims to be sun friendly but it`s quite low concentration of the SiO2 parts in it. Maybe it`s working better now after they changed the recommendations to a weaker dilution for the WW and QD dilutions. As what I have heard so far with EcH2O as a waterless wash where kind of hard to use in very warm sunny conditions. If TW even has gotten the new HS Ceramic Spray Sealant with a 6-12 months longevity from it. To work good in that kind of warm sunny conditions is very impresive. Then there might not be a very high concentration of the SiO2 parts as it`s a hybrid solution. That can make it a marketing thing. But who can blaim them to be doing it. I mean there is no standard concentration for be calling it ceramic or coating or ceramic coating. So they are not the first to take advantage of this marketing thing with ceramic coating SiO2 TiO2 things in their products. It`s a huge difference between a ceramic coating like Carpro CQUK and as the claim from the Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray Coating is a professional-grade, ultra-durable, hydrophobic protection. So the industry has not different classes or range of products. It`s actually we consumers that put them in the ranges and such. And even a ceramic coating don`t need to be SiO2 based either with the longevity of 2-3 years. Also it`s never pure SiO2 on the paint after the application of a ceramic coating. So chemically it`s hard to define what is what when it comes to the ceramics products. And what I`m looking for is the performance from the product and what it`s gives me. Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax IIRC has TiO2 in it and that`s been out for a while. Even silicone has different strings but the base atoms where other atoms attaches to is Si. So many sealants and spray waxes and QD has been kind of Si based for a very long time. Even most of the polymers used in the detailing products has the Si (silicon) in it as a backbone atom. Also the C(carbon) is the backbone in different polymers. And you have ceramic coatings based on Carbon IIRC Gtechnic EXO and Kamikaze ISM is such of coatings. So when you go in depth of what different protection products has for a chemically build up. You see that some atoms are present in most of them. Just take pure carnuaba wax which is brittle on it`s own. But used with other waxes and polymers it gets more durable on the paint. So it`s often mentioned as contains carnuaba wax or carnuaba wax based. And this has also been discussed back and forth and don`t think their are a certain concentration to be called a carnuaba wax. So look more of what you are after in the product it self and performance with gloss and protection and water behavior and which you want out of it.

And as usually I write too much LOL.

The description of the rep from the Turtle Wax that showcased the TW HS Ceramic Polish and Wax. Was very interesting to hear as it seems that this works as primer for the TWHS Ceramic Spray Coating. If I heard right it where a 24 hour cure time for the Polish and Wax and then apply the Spray Coating on top of it. And it`s gets a benefit to a longer longevity from the Spray Coating on it`s own. So very interesting if this combo could go up to the Gyeon Primer/ CanCoat and Carpro Essence/ CQ lite combos. Or even just up to them as if the price is under $16 each you have a combo that gives you a lot for the buck. Also if it`s performance from it also are close to these it`s very impresive. Also like how the abrasives is platelets and non diminishing and that with the help of a water spritz gets easier to wipe it off and even recommended IIRC as it`s water activated. He also mentioned clearly that with the more aggressive cut from the pad you are useing the less you get out of the wax part in it. So interesting technology they have from this AIO. Think it`s the chemist that did the showcase of it too. And is the man behind the TW ICE Seal N Shine also. Maybe Loach can confirm that. I saw it in a video from one of them who was there when the chemist was introduced to them it looked like they meaned the same person who where demo the Polish and Wax.

/ Tony
    Likes Loach, acuRAS82, dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tony, glad you`ve enjoyed the videos! And yes Autogeek is definitely going to carry the new Hybrid Solutions line when it`s released. One of the things I`m looking forward to is how the rest of the market reacts to Turtle Wax`s move here, namely Meguiar`s and Mothers. I love seeing the competition because we ultimately get better products and options out of it for a lower price. And even though Turtle Wax is a little late compared to the others in implementing the "Ceramic" buzzword, they had a very capable answer to HCW and CMX this last year with Seal N Shine and so far is aiming to be the first consumer based company with a full lineup of ceramic infused products. That`s going to command a response out of the other companies and hopefully we get some gems out of it from everyone.

As for Ceramic Polish and Wax, that was Mike Schultz doing the demo who is the Senior VP of Research and Development. He confirmed you can use this as a primer to the Spray Coating similar to how Essence and Primer works after a 24 hour cure period. Hydro activated protection as well, I`m going to dive into this quality to see if we notice anything after blast rinsing with the pressure washer. Pad pressure sensitive as well, with a softer pad and lighter pressure, the protection is able to bond more effectively compared to when you`re using it as a cutting agent. So there`s a lot of stuff going on with this product to test and figure out how to get the most out of it depending on the situation.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes Oneheadlite, VitreousHumor, Tc99m, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks VitreousHumor, SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax event in Phoenix!

Here is another video.

For those interested in the cordless flex check out 4:29.

Watching the video the wash & wax didn’t look that impressive.

The spray coating doesn’t look game changing. Looks like any another SiO2 spray sealant.

The ceramic polis & wax looks like it could have some potential.

The detailer and wet wax again don’t look game changing.

Kudos to TW for marketing this line right. They will generate sales.

https://youtu.be/o0W8SU5GzDk
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Here is another video.

For those interested in the cordless flex check out 4:29.

Watching the video the wash & wax didn’t look that impressive.

The spray coating doesn’t look game changing. Looks like any another SiO2 spray sealant.

The ceramic polis & wax looks like it could have some potential.

The detailer and wet wax again don’t look game changing.

Kudos to TW for marketing this line right. They will generate sales.

https://youtu.be/o0W8SU5GzDk
    The Wash & Wax is the only one that I didn`t get hands on time with during the demos, I was running around with the rest of the sprays and the polish the whole time and missed it. I would say at 3oz per gallon dilution it`s the weakest one of the lineup for the price, I would have loved to see at minimum 1oz per gallon dilution and definitely some faster sheeting based on the video.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information