Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Shampoo for a more deep clean not a normal maintenance wash

I don’t know if this makes sense or not with how I am going to ask this but I’ll try.

I bought a gallon of 3D pink for a normal maintenance wash....but is there any sort of soap I should be using like once a month or so that is more of a deeper clean? Does this question make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shampoo for a more deep clean not a normal maintenance wash

I’m eventually going to be trying 3D Nano pail. I’m looking to do a touch less wash with it.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Would citrus wash and gloss be a good choice?

Post Thanks / Like

some soaps will clean better, so your question makes perfect sense. I`ve never used 3D Pink so I can`t compare it to anything. And even if I have, I`m not qualified to rate soaps based off their cleaning abilities. Some will obviously be better than others, but I think a lot it`s a subjective thing. This soap has more suds, this soap has more lubricity. Before I learned, I thought the more suds the better it cleaned. I do 99% Waterless now, but when I do a normal wash I use Gyeon Bathe+. It creates basically zero suds, but it cleans and is suuuuuper slick. I can`t tell you if Bathe cleans better than 3d Pink, but it is a whole lot more expensive lol.

Astouffer512 suggested a soap I use to love. It contains citrus extracts, so it *SHOULD* clean pretty well. But how much extract is in it? Enough to even make a difference? IMHO it`s a good, not expensive soap and it cleaned well for me. But is it any better than 3D Pink? That would need to be answered by someone here who`s used both. And I betcha there`s at least one person. Really though unless your unhappy with 3D Pink, you should stick with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Not really, but it depends on what else is in your routine. Do you ever polish your car? If so, along with claying I might suggest something like Carpro Reset for a more intensive clean, but that will strip your wax so it`s certainly not part of a monthly routine unless you have a ceramic coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Griot’s concentrated wash. Cleans very well and very economical.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Would citrus wash and gloss be a good choice?

Hello, Astouffer 512 !
    I hope you guys are all doing good !

If you are referring to C/Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss, I have used a few gallons of just the C/Guys Citrus Wash for 1st time washing vehicles before I detail them. this Citrus Wash (No Gloss), works great at cleaning if that is what you just need.. And it used to be pretty inexpensive, and even better when they have a sale..

It cleans really well, does not leave any extra soap stuff on there that has to be removed, and rinses good.

Not sure what you mean by a "deeper clean"; if you are trying to maintain your paintwork, wheels, if necessary, etc., and have some sort of product on it all, you should not really need a "deeper clean", unless you run through a few miles of wet road tar, not dry, lane stripes, etc..., right ?
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what your LSP is (or nine), but Mckees Coating Prep Wash deep cleans well... but it will work to strip wax or sealant (possibly degrade coatings a bit?). I use it before a correction or anytime before switching/adding new LSPs. Your situation may or may not benefit from this soap.

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, I`ve never needed a more potent wash, but I suppose it`s another one of those situational/subjective things where YMMV.

As I`m always posting, I just wash with my 50:50 mix of 3D Pink Car Soap and Griot`s (regular). Even if I`m reLSPing, that gets everything clean (including the wheels/wells/undercarriage). And I do that for *years* with no need to even clay (other than spot-claying as needed at every wash).

If I did want to do a super-wash, I`d probably reach for ValuGard`s "A" which would strip everything back to bare paint. I suppose I could use P21s TAW or somesuch, but that doesn`t have much lubricity and I`d worry about instilling marring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Not really, but it depends on what else is in your routine. Do you ever polish your car? If so, along with claying I might suggest something like Carpro Reset for a more intensive clean, but that will strip your wax so it`s certainly not part of a monthly routine unless you have a ceramic coating.
    I don`t believe this to be the case.

Reset can be used as a normal wash with no ill effects.

It`s simply marketed as a "coating maintenance" shampoo.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies to this

I think my question that I meant to ask was answered.

A normal wash with a maintenance soap is all that is needed unless you are planning on re-applying a LSP or preparing for a polish

Post Thanks / Like

I use optimum car wash like you use 3D. Agree with above about Reset. I use that once a month for a “deeper clean”. If you read up on it it cleans like an alkaline but safe as ph neutral (it is not however ph neutral).

Leaves absolutely nothing behind and rinses clean.

Post Thanks / Like

So, Astouffer512, it sounds like you are asking for a super-cleaner wash soap for maintenance wash , not a soap for a pre-cleaner prior to applying a last-step product (LSP).

My suggestion?
    1) On the cheap, Turtle Wax`s Max Wash used at 4 ounces per gallon (more ounces of Max Wash if you want "deeper" cleaning) mixed with your regular car soap. It is what I am using with Meg`s Detailer Line D110 Hyperwash Soap (an excellent foaming soap with lubricity and not too expensive) on waxed or sealant LSP`d vehicles.
    2) Wax Shop`s Cherry Snow Foam Car Wash (no personal experience with it, but Autopian PA Detailer LOVES it) See his review at:
    Wax shop cherry snow foam
    3) McKee`s 37 Power Wash.

By the way, what LSP (wax, sealant, coating) do you have on your vehicle(s) that you are washing?? It does make a difference, especially if you have a coating, which is why some are suggesting coating-friendly/compatible wash soaps.
    GB detailer
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    So, Astouffer512, it sounds like you are asking for a super-cleaner wash soap for maintenance wash , not a soap for a pre-cleaner prior to applying a last-step product (LSP) .
    Lonnie that is correct. I wasn’t sure if there was a need for a more deep clean ever so often or not. I’ll look into your suggestions, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    By the way, what LSP (wax, sealant, coating) do you have on your vehicle(s) that you are washing?? It does make a difference, especially if you have a coating, which is why some are suggesting coating-friendly/compatible wash soaps.
    C.G.’s Jet seal and I am going to be topping it with Meg’s Ultimate wax soon

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you have some exceptional fallout issues that make your car really dirty (like parking next to a tar plant for example), a regular wash every couple of weeks will keep your paint as clean as it needs to be. With a coating or good sealant, everything will come off with a very light soap, in fact the soap is more for lube than anything else.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information