Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shampoo for a more deep clean not a normal maintenance wash

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Unless you have some exceptional fallout issues that make your car really dirty (like parking next to a tar plant for example), a regular wash every couple of weeks will keep your paint as clean as it needs to be. With a coating or good sealant, everything will come off with a very light soap,,.
    That. I still find this one a bit perplexing and suspect that the LSP isn`t shedding dirt the way I`d want. Even [crappy] shampoos oughta get things clean (although IME they`re a lot more likely to result in marring too), and good shampoos absolutely oughta do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so everyone is clear I`m not looking for a solution because i am having any issues...i was just asking if a deeper maintenance clean was ever needed for any reason

So another question. I just today got a gallon of 3D pink that I am going to use as a maintenance was. I have a 16oz bottle of both C.G.`s maxi suds as well as C.G.`s Citrus wash n gloss. Can I use like 3 oz of the 3D pink and 2oz of either one of the CG soaps as a mixture?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

IME, Meguiar`s Hyper Wash cleans better and is slicker than 3D Pink, it is also much more economical as a one ounce is needed for a few gallons of water.

Post Thanks / Like

That must be one amazing wash because 3D Pink cleans awfully well IME. Granted I am using it via foam gun.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    That must be one amazing wash because 3D Pink cleans awfully well IME. Granted I am using it via foam gun.
    3D Pink is a great wash, but IME, Meg’s Hyper Wash is even a bit better. It also rinses a bit better; both soaps work well, of course, YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Meguiar`s Hyper Wash as gentle on LSPs as the 3D Pink (which seems to have *zero* effect on mine)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Is the Meguiar`s Hyper Wash as gentle on LSPs as the 3D Pink (which seems to have *zero* effect on mine)?

Not entirely sure, mainly because whenever I wash I do a pre-treatment that cuts through any road film, I like to get as much dirt off the surface as possible, before a touch wash, even if I degrade the LSP. So, whether or not it is *safer* doesn`t really matter to me because I degrade it anyways, I just reapply the LSP more often or use a QD detailer as a sacrificial layer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Not entirely sure.. whether or not it is *safer* doesn`t really matter to me because I degrade it anyways, I just reapply the LSP more often or use a QD detailer as a sacrificial layer.
    OK, understood. Maybe somebody else will chime in about it; I`m *NOT* reLSPing mine even annually if I can help it, although it wouldn`t be an issue on my wife`s A8 as long as I`m just OCWing it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love and have switched to The Wax Shop Cherry Snow Foam. It`s cleaning properties are amazing! When used in a foam gun or cannon, the foam literally pulls dirt off of the surface and suspends it in the foam. It is also super slick.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Street5927 View Post
    I love and have switched to The Wax Shop Cherry Snow Foam. It`s cleaning properties are amazing!
    Too bad about the Cherry scent, I could never stand that...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Too bad about the Cherry scent, I could never stand that...
    Do these scented soaps actually make a vehicle smell better or is it more a hype / air freshener if you`re washing in a garage?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Do these scented soaps actually make a vehicle smell better or is it more a hype / air freshener if you`re washing in a garage?
    I`ve never had any soap`s scent linger on the vehicle (that I noticed), but I wouldn`t want to smell it the whole time I was washing or have the shop smell like that (remember that I use a *lot* of shampoo mix).

Post Thanks / Like

That is one of the reasons I like Meg`s Detailer Line D110 Hyper-Wash concentrate; it does not have a noted scent. It DOES clean and it DOES suds/foam really well.

Scents in car wash soaps are kind of a misnomer, unless they are trying to mask/hide the "industrial" scents from its content chemicals that make up the soap. I can see that if they try to invoke some "pleasant" scent in the mind of the buyer/user, like bubble gum, but I don`t buy a soap because it smells so good I want to drink it or it makes my vehicle smell like a flower garden or perfume shop. I am waiting for some car-care manufacturer to add laundry detergent Gain scent to its car wash soap!!

As a side note, are any of you Autopians fragrance-sensitive?? My wife is and cannot go down a scented candle isle or a laundry detergent isle without having those scents invoke a headache when she smells certain scents or fragrances.

Some here said Megs new Detailer Line D113 Citrus Wash and Wax soap citrus notation is not for its citrus cleaning power, but for its pleasant citrus smell. I like citrus oils for its natural cleaning, but some say it dries out paint oils. Not sure if that is true. It sure dies out/chaps unprotected hands if you do not wear rubber/nitrile gloves. I do know that Megs Detailer Line D107 Citrus Power Cleaner Plus (the product that was suppose to replace the much-loved but discontinued APC+) is not available any longer. I had heard that some of the chemicals used in its formulation were no longer available, hence its discontinuance.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno if we have different versions, but my HyperWash sure does have a scent. Smells like one of those "fresh" scents. Close to Gold Class but not the same.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Hyperwash that I have used has a scent akin to Gold Class, as well. Honestly, I am not one to let the scent of a product stop me from using it, if it is indeed a good product. However, I will say that I wish there were more detailing products without artificial scents or colors.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information