Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tell your interior glass secrets.

Hmmm. I picked up a Zap cloth to try for courtesy window cleans on cars at work.

Rinsed it out really well first, squeezed it out so it was damp. Thought things went well on the car I tried it on (normal interior window film, not smoker`s film or anything), until I pulled it out in the sun. Decided it`s better to leave things be than leave them with streaks, so I haven`t tried it since it`s been through the wash.

I should try it again with distilled water as some have mentioned and see if it`s better. So many people love them, it`s gotta be something I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Griot`s PFM glass towels (or the AZ copy) and then glass dedicated waffle weave mf towels to dry. I use the Stoner glass cleaning tool on the windshield and sometimes the rear windows. I use the Stoner`s silk mf bonnets on the tool (I have like 30 of them). I have a second tool that I wrap a ww mf around to use to dry.

I get great results using those towels and tools using Stoners IG, Sprayaway, and Griots Foaming Glass cleaner.

All of my glass towels are used for only glass cleaning and washed separately from other towels.

The M37 interior glass polish does work very well, but I will only use it if I can get to the windshield without being a contortionists.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Hmmm. I picked up a Zap cloth to try for courtesy window cleans on cars at work.

Rinsed it out really well first, squeezed it out so it was damp. Thought things went well on the car I tried it on (normal interior window film, not smoker`s film or anything), until I pulled it out in the sun. Decided it`s better to leave things be than leave them with streaks, so I haven`t tried it since it`s been through the wash.

I should try it again with distilled water as some have mentioned and see if it`s better. So many people love them, it`s gotta be something I did.
    If the windows have not been cleaned in some time, I would use two Zap cloths. One for the initial wipe and the second for a final wipe. If windows are well maintained, than one towel should be good.
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mix of distilled water , dish soap and rubbing alcohol.
    spray onto 1 hand polishing pad. Apply liberally to windows.
    Use Chem Guys microfiber towel. Results are ABSOLUTLEY perfect , fastest streak free result I’ve ever had.

Then if I want to polish the glass after I use a mix of white distilled vineagar, distilled water and rubbing alcohol.
    i apply the same way with a new hand polishing pad.

AMAZING results insanely fast. I can do entire car ( minus interior windshield in about 7 minutes.
    Likes dschribs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spice&Wood83 View Post
    Mix of distilled water , dish soap and rubbing alcohol.
    spray onto 1 hand polishing pad. Apply liberally to windows. ...
    Ratios?

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the zap are they reusable?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post

That was my initial fear too... there`s perceived clean perfect glass when your in the garage. Then there`s the morning/evening low Sun perfect glass. That`s what I`m striving for and never get there after the first sequence. Always have to tiddy up the slight sun smudges on the drive to or from work.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my cloths that are different from what I was expecting. Before I use these does anyone know are these a washable towel or will it fall apart?

Post Thanks / Like

You can wash them, they don’t hold up as well as a microfiber but they’ll make it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I got my cloths that are different from what I was expecting. Before I use these does anyone know are these a washable towel or will it fall apart?
    Have you tried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I ordered the zap are they reusable?

Zap Cloth Care
    Machine wash with laundry detergent or hand wash with dish soap in warm water. Rinse thoroughly.
    Using bleach will shorten the life of your zezo-fiber cloths.
    Be careful when machine washing in mixed loads as Zap Cloths will pick up lint from other fabrics.
    Do not use fabric softener. Fabric softener leaves a film on the cloth and decreases its effectiveness.
    Using the dryer will shorten the life of your zezo-fiber Zap Cloths. Please hang to dry for the best results.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Zap Cloth Care...

..[standard MF care instructions]...

Using the dryer will shorten the life of your zezo-fiber Zap Cloths. Please hang to dry for the best results.
    Interesting about avoiding the dryer, wonder what`s behind that?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks pretty cheap per towel. I’m going to try next time my windshield fogs up that the plan

Post Thanks / Like

I like GG glass towels as well as their glass clears or Invisible Glass, but I was curious about Zap Cloths and placed an order the other day. Hopefully they will live up to their hype. Worst case scenario is I use them for the windows and mirrors in my house.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is true of any window microfiber cloth to wash them separately from other detailing-used microfibers. I do mine (Norwex twins my wife got roped into buying at home party) by hand with hot water and Persil soap in the sink and air-dry them. Just make sure to rinse and wring them thoroughly.

Most individuals who use window cleaner sprays use far too much on a window, which can cause streaks. In the interior, I found that spraying the cleaner on the light-blue Norwex cleaning cloth and then wiping with the purple wiping cloth is better than spraying the cleaner directly on the window. This avoids window cleaner splatter on interior plastic trim or navigation screens or hard trim that was just cleaned and protected/waxed, as windows are the LAST detailing step I do.
    One other thing if you can: Clean windows out of direct sun in warm weather (cooler weather it may be an absolute necessity). Window cleaners evaporate far too quickly, causing streaks. You end up chasing your tail trying to get rid of the streaks.

There are a host of dedicated window cleaning microfiber cloths out there. This thread lists some good ones and that is one of the keys to clean, streak-free windows
    GB detailer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information