Hi Everybody! It`s been a long time since I`ve been active here, I`m glad to see some familiar names still posting here! I still keep up with the new products and techniques that have evolved over the years, but haven`t been much into detailing since life has thrown many things my way.

I recently had some time off, so I decided to detail my car as it`s been in need of some work with swirls, water spots and etching from bird droppings. I did a wash, IronX, clay, rinse, 2-step correction (Jescar Correcting Compound with Meguair`s MF cutting pad, followed by M205 on a RUPES white pad). The finish looked great at this point with no swirls or etching. After confirming the paint was still looking good under a bunch of different lights, I followed up with two passes with Eraser before coating it with Gyeon Syncro (3 coats of MOHS + 1 coat of Skin). The car looked great at this point, so good that I didn`t drive it for 2 weeks because I didn`t want to get it dirty (yes, I`m a little crazy). It stayed looking great the whole time it was parked in my garage. Fast forward to today, I decided to take the car to work and parked it outside all day. When I came back to it in the evening, all of the etching had reappeared. I`m super frustrated at this point because I thought I had made sure everything was perfect before coating it. I`m guessing the paint didn`t heat up enough for all the etching to appear after my correction step? I went a little aggressive with the compounding step and thought that would have been enough, but I guess that is not the case. I`m looking for ways to fix the magically heat-activated etching. Obviously I would have to abrade the coating off to get to the etching. I`ve been looking into getting IR lamps to heat up the paint while correcting it to make sure all the etching comes to the surface. Are there any recommendations on this approach? Should I attempt another method like CarPro Spotless? I`d appreciate the advice of the forum. Thanks!