Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interesting use for a paint sprayer

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    They put it on sale periodically for the $169. I thought it was an interesting way to extend the use of rinseless washes to dirtier vehicles, or during a warm snap in the winter when it`s warm enough to wash but not warm enough to bring the hose out.
    There ya go. I`m in NE NJ sooooooo winter becomes a dilemma for keeping cars clean - or at least not salt and chemical laden until Spring arrives. This might be a good solution. Thanks for posting!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the idea was for people who don’t have water acces or they have water restrictions. From video would also use less water than hydroshot for people who get fined for run off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Yeah the idea was for people who don’t have water acces or they have water restrictions. From video would also use less water than hydroshot for people who get fined for run off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ++++

Post Thanks / Like

Setec AStronomy- Well, maybe the HF sprayer will work a lot better than I woulda thought! Yeah, spraying Latex/etc. from the can is different from shooting lacquer on a car back in the `70s, huh?

Even with indoor washes it might be useful, wonder how it`d compare with the Lonn? I don`t want to sound like "What *I* have must be better!" or anything like that, but I kinda suspect that the Lonn would be superior for cleaning and the HF Paint Sprayer would be better for spraying the sort of light liquids (stains/etc.) that can be run through the Lonn. That`d make for an interesting comparison for somebody who cares enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydrm View Post
    I thought this was how detailers were using the Tornado (amongst other applications). People were all over it a while ago.
    I had planned to use my Tornador Black like a mini pressure washer, and I do but it took me a lot of messing around with it to figure out just how. There are some serious limitations IME.

And yeah, (per usual..) the demos make it look like the thing would be All That for so many cleaning jobs from wheels to carpets to [anything] but again, serious limitations IME and I don`t use it nearly as much as I thought I would.

It *is* OK for small areas that aren`t too soiled. I use mine with both IUDJ and distilled water. Every now and then I`m glad I have it but I dunno if I`d recommend it to others, at least not very emphatically.
    Likes lloydrm liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information