Post Thanks / Like

Applying coatings - weather question

Ok, applying a coating outdoors - you want the weather to cooperate - temps above 60 or so, low humidity, not windy, no rain predicted for a few days, but what about that spring issue - pollen? Pollen is a problem we all have to deal with in Spring, so does that negate doing a new coating outdoors at this time? Most coating are dry to the touch pretty quickly but pollen is pretty quick too.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Applying coatings - weather question

I would wait a little more if it`s high pollen season in your environment. Maybe you could use some kind of tent that at least covers some sections and it`s not windy and move it if the vehical don`t fit as you go. The worst that could happen I think if you get pollen on it. Would be it interfeared with the coating to get the extreme hydrophobic caractics. As for longevity from it I think that you would be fine. The hydrophobics could be upped with toppers if it should happens.

Also would look closer at Carpro CQUK as it`s not so sensetive to temperatures it`s applyied in. The draw back would be the recommended 2 layers. But many is satisfied with 1 layer and where it gets you longevity wise. I would recommend to do the final polishing step with Carpro Essence and the Glosspad. To almost get the benefit longevity wise that 2 layers would give you on it`s own.

And maybe you can go with a coating lite product like Gyeon Polish/Gyeon CanCoat or Carpro Essence/Carpro Lite or Tac System Total One Essentials/Tac System Moonlight combos. With a proper decon and a fresh layer of protection product of them every 6months or so. You could have a this going on for quite some time and if wanted use toppers and drying aid within the family of products of coatings.
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Applying coatings - weather question

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I would wait a little more if it`s high pollen season in your environment. Maybe you could use some kind of tent that at least covers some sections and it`s not windy and move it if the vehical don`t fit as you go. The worst that could happen I think if you get pollen on it. Would be it interfeared with the coating to get the extreme hydrophobic caractics. As for longevity from it I think that you would be fine. The hydrophobics could be upped with toppers if it should happens.

Also would look closer at Carpro CQUK as it`s not so sensetive to temperatures it`s applyied in. The draw back would be the recommended 2 layers. But many is satisfied with 1 layer and where it gets you longevity wise. I would recommend to do the final polishing step with Carpro Essence and the Glosspad. To almost get the benefit longevity wise that 2 layers would give you on it`s own.

And maybe you can go with a coating lite product like Gyeon Polish/Gyeon CanCoat or Carpro Essence/Carpro Lite or Tac System Total One Essentials/Tac System Moonlight combos. With a proper decon and a fresh layer of protection product of them every 6months or so. You could have a this going on for quite some time and if wanted use toppers and drying aid within the family of products of coatings.

Thanks! So I did a quick look see and if I move some of the crap/stuff around and out I can do the coatings inside my garage. That solves a few problems, phew!

Well after doing some homework and reading some of the detailed reviews (including BudgetPlan`s) and speaking to the guys at Esoteric I decided to go whole hog and get the Kamikaze coatings - Miyabi and Zipang.

On another note, let me offer a thumbs up to the GG PFM`s and Adams large MF towels for their ability to soak up a heck of a lot of water. Yes, it`s been raining all night and when I went out an hour ago I found that I left my rear passenger window open and the mat and carperting had plenty of water. Luckily tomorrow looks to be a dry day around these parts.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Mary B, Marine Clerk liked this post

Thread Information