Post Thanks / Like

Safe detail spray on Ceramic/Glass Coating

Hey, I`m sure this has been talked about a thousand times, I`m just having a hard time finding it in the search.... I just put Kamikaze miyabi coating on my car and I`m curious what are safe detail sprays or waterless wash sprays for this coating? Basically what can I use on the car that doesn`t entail washing it with water?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Safe detail spray on Ceramic/Glass Coating

To wash, I like McKees n-914 waterless or rinsless wash. It leaves no residue or gloss behind. It is just a wash product.
    For coating maintenance, to keep the coating healthy and extend the life of it, I`d suggest Kamakaze Overcoat, probably from the same place you bought the Miyabi.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro EcH2O. Has SiO2 in it for shine enhancement.

Mckees N-914 (mentioned above) if you don’t want any shine enhancement... which some prefer, especially with nice coatings like what you have.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots also has a rinseless (brilliant shine) that will leave nothing behind just clean. I’ve used this and the other 2 mentioned and all 3 work great. I only use Ech20 as a waterless mixed with Clutch (sio2 spray). Mix 3/3oz in 32oz in Kwazar and love it. Use it 2-3 times a week. Use as a drying aid or dry.

The spray on rinse off products seem to work great also. I’ve used hydro2 lite and McKee’s hydro 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Griots rinseless I use on a lot of coatings, minuscule amount of “wax” for lubricant. No effect on coating. Can also be mixed as a detail spray for a drying aid. And way cheaper than overcoat!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Griots rinseless I use on a lot of coatings, minuscule amount of “wax” for lubricant. No effect on coating. Can also be mixed as a detail spray for a drying aid. And way cheaper than overcoat!
    Thanks! I have overcoat, just want to be able to use something in between washes that`s not as expensive. Ill go grab some Griot`s rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richiebohrer24 View Post
    Hey, I`m sure this has been talked about a thousand times, I`m just having a hard time finding it in the search.... I just put Kamikaze miyabi coating on my car and I`m curious what are safe detail sprays or waterless wash sprays for this coating? Basically what can I use on the car that doesn`t entail washing it with water?

Thank you

As mentioned McKee`s 37 N914 is a versatile rinseless that can be used as a waterless wash. It cleans without leaving any protection behind. Really nice product.

CarPro Ech20 is a waterless wash that works as a rinseless and a detail spray. At 1:20 it makes a nice detail spray. The SiO2 within the product is for gloss enhancement. Some mix it with their favorite silica spray sealant to add a little protection behind.

Either of these paired with your favorite maintenance spray sealant would be good.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Merlin’s Magical Elixir of Meg’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax (2oz), Distilled Water (20oz), and Mckee’s N-914 (2oz). It’s relatively available, works wells, leaves a nice shine, and for $14.99 before tax, Meg’s is quite the product.

Post Thanks / Like

On my phone w/out TapTalk: Or Griot’s Garage Brilliant Shine Rinseless Wash. Once it hits OTC stores and paired with Meg’s HCW or Mother’s CMX, the combo will be giving more expensive solutions a run for their money. $12.99/64oz for Griot’s and $14.99/24oz for Meg’s, to maintain a coated car and readily available. Why the heck not?!

Thread Information