Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    How long do you wait to put on Kamikaze Overcoat?

    I finished putting the Kamikaze miyabi coating on yesterday. I put two coats on and it looks great! The question I had was if I put Kamikaze overcoat on now or do I wait until after the first wash? Or does it not matter?

    Thanks

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How long do you wait to put on Kamikaze Overcoat?

    I usually wait a few hours or do it the next day/morning.

    Be sure to use sparingly, spritzed into a towel to apply. Lately I`ve been giving the application towel a *very* light mist of water before first applying as if ya overdo Overcoat, can streak a bit.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How long do you wait to put on Kamikaze Overcoat?

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I usually wait a few hours or do it the next day/morning.
    Thanks. I did notice the car is still a bit tacky. I dabbed a microfiber towel in 1 tiny tiny area and the fibers from the towel stuck to the car. Is that an issue? Do I get it off now or wait? Would I use overcoat to get it off?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How long do you wait to put on Kamikaze Overcoat?

    Quote Originally Posted by richiebohrer24 View Post
    Thanks. I did notice the car is still a bit tacky. I dabbed a microfiber towel in 1 tiny tiny area and the fibers from the towel stuck to the car. Is that an issue? Do I get it off now or wait? Would I use overcoat to get it off?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    That`s a new one for me, never experienced that. Is it actually tacky or just grabby?

    Usually shorter nap towels like 350gsm or so work best. If not actually tacky like it`s still wet, start in inconspicuous area with Overcoat...as more product absorbs into towel more evenly, more happiness results. Hood of a black car is not the best place to begin

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How long do you wait to put on Kamikaze Overcoat?

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    That`s a new one for me, never experienced that. Is it actually tacky or just grabby?

    Usually shorter nap towels like 350gsm or so work best. If not actually tacky like it`s still wet, start in inconspicuous area with Overcoat...as more product absorbs into towel more evenly, more happiness results. Hood of a black car is not the best place to begin
    Lol, yea I dabbed the towel on my back quarter panel of my 2000 Corvette. Its navy blue. Not really sure what to do

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How long do you wait to put on Kamikaze Overcoat?

    Quote Originally Posted by richiebohrer24 View Post
    Lol, yea I dabbed the towel on my back quarter panel of my 2000 Corvette. Its navy blue. Not really sure what to do

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Didja happen to coat the door jambs? That`s generally where I start when dabbling with unexpected items.

    Maybe message forum member Mike Lambert...top notch pro (and generally all around nice guy) who used Kamikaze before moving to Modesta.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How long do you wait to put on Kamikaze Overcoat?

    Used IGL Kenzo for years. Tried Kamikaze Miyabi topped w/ ISM for first time. Any good alternatives for toppers that aren`t overcoat. Toppers like that are not worth almost $90 in my professional opinion since most ceramic don`t technically even need toppers if applied properly?

  8. #8
    acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How long do you wait to put on Kamikaze Overcoat?

    Quote Originally Posted by msthayne View Post
    Used IGL Kenzo for years. Tried Kamikaze Miyabi topped w/ ISM for first time. Any good alternatives for toppers that aren`t overcoat. Toppers like that are not worth almost $90 in my professional opinion since most ceramic don`t technically even need toppers if applied properly?
    Infinity Wax isn’t worth $90. You could try that.
    Likes glfnaz liked this post

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How long do you wait to put on Kamikaze Overcoat?

    Quote Originally Posted by msthayne View Post
    Used IGL Kenzo for years. Tried Kamikaze Miyabi topped w/ ISM for first time. Any good alternatives for toppers that aren`t overcoat. Toppers like that are not worth almost $90 in my professional opinion since most ceramic don`t technically even need toppers if applied properly?
    In the not Kamikakze/Polish Angel range I like Shine Supply Clutch and Griots 3-1 ceramic Wax


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Kamikaze Overcoat V2.1
    By BudgetPlan1 in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-05-2019, 08:41 PM
  2. CSL and EXO. How long do I need to wait?
    By KEVINS in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2018, 06:32 PM
  3. Kamikaze Overcoat question
    By Ferravette in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-21-2018, 09:00 PM
  4. Kamikaze Overcoat (& WG Uber Ceramic)
    By BudgetPlan1 in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2016, 10:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •